Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    ....But all that history is gone and they are now coming together as adults. Just like the Justice League. You can try to force in some makeshift backstory where they apparently knew each other when they were older teens, but it doesn't really work, especially when the main JL team is so young. I mean apparently this Titans team knew each other when they were 16-17, but at the same time 18 year old Cyborg and 18 year old Wonder Woman were just joining the Justice League as well.
    This is a big reason why I'm frustrated with DC and lost interest in their comics. The New 52/DC You history is a mess. IMHO, it’s a mistake to cram 3 generation of heroes together in the same universe and expect us to buy into them all being close in age. This doesn't wash with me.

Dick, Donna, Wally (white), Roy, Garth and the other original Titans should still be teenagers in this new reboot. Instead they’ve been squeezed out by Tim Drake and his generation. They were the #1 book for DC in the 80s. This is the thanks they and fans get?
    "History of the DC Universe" by Wolfman and Perez, when the DCU use to make sense.

Fantastic Member

The current incarnation of Teen Titans is a full on failure.

Ironically, instead of trying to fix it, DC is only making it worse; they have just added a bigger failure to the team (Doomed, showing again DC's tendency of taking characters no one wants to read about from failed books and shoving them on titles that were already struggling), and they have hired Scot Lobdell back for the book.

Really, they should cancel Teen Titans and give it some years so people forget about the entire mess. I feel really bad for Pak; without a relaunch and stuck with the horrible cast the team currently has, there's no way his run will be a success.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Teste View Post
    Really, they should cancel Teen Titans and give it some years so people forget about the entire mess. I feel really bad for Pak; without a relaunch and stuck with the horrible cast the team currently has, there's no way his run will be a success.
    So you've read his run already then?

Just read my digital copy of TITANS HUNT #3 and loved it. This series is coming along nicely. Lots more nods to the TT past which I loved. The fight between DICK, DONNA and GARTH was pretty cool too. I'm starting to think that BUMBLEBEE is going to give birth (re-birth) to the real WALLY WEST the "Forgotten Titan" or something. Oh yeah and 2 more former forgotten Titans show up at the very end. LOVED IT!

Quote Originally Posted by Outside_85 View Post
    He has the Tardis of course he did.
    Favorite Characters : Cyborg, Hal Jordan, Simon Baz, Tula, Mera ,Bleez, Shazam, Wonder Woman, Agent 37 , Batman, Kon El, Atomica.

I love Legacy but you have to change things up to keep them from going stale - Jason Fabok

Twitter : @Flashpoint52

Quote Originally Posted by M@Bowers2014 View Post
    Just read my digital copy of TITANS HUNT #3 and loved it. This series is coming along nicely. Lots more nods to the TT past which I loved. The fight between DICK, DONNA and GARTH was pretty cool too. I'm starting to think that BUMBLEBEE is going to give birth (re-birth) to the real WALLY WEST the "Forgotten Titan" or something. Oh yeah and 2 more former forgotten Titans show up at the very end. LOVED IT!
    one more actually Dawn isn't one of them.
    Favorite Characters : Cyborg, Hal Jordan, Simon Baz, Tula, Mera ,Bleez, Shazam, Wonder Woman, Agent 37 , Batman, Kon El, Atomica.

I love Legacy but you have to change things up to keep them from going stale - Jason Fabok

Twitter : @Flashpoint52

Not sure how your comment is related to the OP. The user is just pointing out his doubts. I also have some worries, it will be very hard to fix the TT right now, they have lost a lot of their history and they are not really acting like teens...but who knows I'll give the new writer a chance, a last one then I'll give up on the book. I still don't understand how DC could ruin one of their most popular teams.
    Last edited by ayanestar; 12-24-2015 at 11:49 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ayanestar View Post
    Not sure how your comment is related to the OP. The user is just pointing out his doubts. I also have some worries, it will be very hard to fix the TT right now, they have lost a lot of their history and they are not really acting like teens...but who knows I'll like the new writer a chance, a last one then I'll give up on the book. I still don't understand how DC could ruin one of their most popular teams.
    I think it could be argued that Teen Titans hasn't been popular for a while, it's just that the situation with the new52 didn't help.

Quote Originally Posted by Sirzechs View Post
    one more actually Dawn isn't one of them.
    Good point.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ayanestar View Post
    Not sure how your comment is related to the OP. The user is just pointing out his doubts. I also have some worries, it will be very hard to fix the TT right now, they have lost a lot of their history and they are not really acting like teens...but who knows I'll like the new writer a chance, a last one then I'll give up on the book. I still don't understand how DC could ruin one of their most popular teams.
    My comment is based on how the OP seemed to know Pak's run was going to be a massive failure... even though his first issue is 2 months out.

And I say it like that because even though the current team is not the greatness of yesterday, it does not automatically mean it will always be horrible. Lobdell's run was horrible because it was the New 52 and DC thought people would just buy it as always and because Lobdell can't write teenagers. Will's run has been alot better than it gets credit for though it has lacked direction and it was critically wounded by having to sort out Superboy again and import Lobdell to shadow-write.

But that said, Teen Titans as it is now is not a permanent pile of steaming fertilizer, no future writer should be judged by the work of others and as things are now with DC, Pak could (much like Will did) completely ignore all of what came before and give us the team we want. And all people would have to do is not demand he explain any changes, just accept its now... like people seem to have stopped asking why Beast Boy is green now.

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Will's run has been alot better than it gets credit for though it has lacked direction and it was critically wounded by having to sort out Superboy again and import Lobdell to shadow-write.
    Will's run reads better then Lobdell's, I'll grant you that, but the it being directionless is enough for it to still be a failure. Yes, his teen sound like teens and all that but it's still a very boring and bland read that goes absolutely nowhere because of that lack of direction. I think that's what people are getting at when they say its a steaming pile right now and why people may be concerned that it might remain that way whatever Pak or anyone else does. I've felt that way plenty of times in the past and sometimes it turned out that I was right to feel that way. I am going to give Pak a chance here though and check out a few issues to see how he does. It could be that I'll be able to enjoy reading Teen Titans again.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

Ultimate Member

Has the editors been replaced?

You can change the writer all you like but if the same folks that helped make this book a mess are still around-of course fans will be weary.

He might not have a choice to ignore some of the previous stuff.

He is still at the mercy of the Bat Jesus office with Tim Drake.

He is still at the mercy of Wonder Woman world with Cassie.

And who know what else they will dump on him.

So it's not the writer we should worry about but management. Because they are allowing this mess to continue.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Has the editors been replaced?

You can change the writer all you like but if the same folks that helped make this book a mess are still around-of course fans will be weary.

He is still at the mercy of the Bat Jesus office with Tim Drake.

He is still at the mercy of Wonder Woman world with Cassie.

So it's not the writer we should worry about but management. Because they are allowing this mess to continue.
    There's actually some truth to this.
    Looking at any given comic series in the last 30-40 years, any major shift in direction coincided with a change in editors more than with a change in writers.

If you don't like a comic, the best time to try it out again isn't when there's a new writer but rather when there's a new editor.
    Just like if you do like a comic, you'll ususally find yourself not liking it if the editor is changed.

Think of them as reviewers, where everything that comes out under them is given a 5-star rating.
    After a while, you'll figure out which "reviewers" have similar tastes to you or which ones you disagree with.
    Trying to like a book that's under an editor you don't connect with is courting disaster. They will eventually give a 5-star rating to something leaves you scratching your head.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Quote Originally Posted by M@Bowers2014 View Post
    . I'm starting to think that BUMBLEBEE is going to give birth (re-birth) to the real WALLY WEST the "Forgotten Titan" or something. Oh yeah and 2 more former forgotten Titans show up at the very end. LOVED IT!
    So Wally will be race changed and even YOUNGER? Yeah, I could see this happening.
    I have no beef with Vegans

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JasonTodd428 View Post
    Will's run reads better then Lobdell's, I'll grant you that, but the it being directionless is enough for it to still be a failure. Yes, his teen sound like teens and all that but it's still a very boring and bland read that goes absolutely nowhere because of that lack of direction. I think that's what people are getting at when they say its a steaming pile right now and why people may be concerned that it might remain that way whatever Pak or anyone else does. I've felt that way plenty of times in the past and sometimes it turned out that I was right to feel that way. I am going to give Pak a chance here though and check out a few issues to see how he does. It could be that I'll be able to enjoy reading Teen Titans again.
    And what I might counter it with is that there might have been a greater plan behind all of this, but us readers wanting instant-gratification and the vagueness of the greater picture would have pushed DC to pull the plug prematurely.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Has the editors been replaced? You can change the writer all you like but if the same folks that helped make this book a mess are still around-of course fans will be weary.

He is still at the mercy of the Bat Jesus office with Tim Drake. He is still at the mercy of Wonder Woman world with Cassie.

And this is where the obvious question about all of this appears: How much of the current book's state is down to the writer and how much is down to the editors?

Considering how Will was allowed to ignore Beast Boy was red and offer no explanation for it? Some stuff he may not be able to ignore, but that doesn't mean he has to deal with it.

I kinda doubt either of those two has any say in what a TT writer is doing since there isn't a Red Robin book being put out and Cassandra has not been under the control of the Superman editors (that control WW).

While I have loudly suspected otherwise before, I dont think editors from outside the group has any over the going ons in other groups. Look, not even the Bat-office, or the Super-office have managed to enforce their status quo on Johns' Justice League.

Which I have to say is a rather pessimistic view on the creative team, and completely dismissing the influence of the writer on his own work.