Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post

Excluding Tim, Conner, Cassie & Bart-we can all name Teens that we would want to see before Doomsday Jr, Power Girl 2 & Bunker get mentioned. No one cares about those 3-they want to know where is Jaime Reyes, Ms Martian, Static, the 1996 Teen Titans, Gen 13, Artemis, Aqualad, Bombshell, Aquagirl and the rest.

That's not an insult to those 3 but this book should not be used to finish storyline that should have been dealt with in the books two of them came from.
    I'm sorry but what? Bombshell over Bunker?
    Favorite Characters : Cyborg, Hal Jordan, Simon Baz, Tula, Mera ,Bleez, Shazam, Wonder Woman, Agent 37 , Batman, Kon El, Atomica.

I love Legacy but you have to change things up to keep them from going stale - Jason Fabok

Twitter : @Flashpoint52

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Stone View Post
    So basically, I would propose:

Young Justice with Mark Doyle as editor. Written by Brenden Fletcher.
    With Static, Blue Beetle, Miss Martian, Power Girl, Red Robin and Gypsy (as more of a Madame Xanadu type youth).
    Both Static and Blue Beetle have proven to be bombs as far as sales go. I think 6 people including Levitz actually enjoy the new Power Girl. This line-up wouldn't make it six issues. As much as i like a good train wreck, Teen Titans has had enough crashes and failed launches.
    Being a "Person of Interest" doesn't make you an interesting person.

BANNED

Perhaps it could be argued that Teen Titans sells best with the core "names" - Robin, Kid Flash, Wonder Girl, Superboy...but the current versions of those characters themselves aren't that popular right now. I say retire the concept for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Ropeburn View Post
    Both Static and Blue Beetle have proven to be bombs as far as sales go. I think 6 people including Levitz actually enjoy the new Power Girl. This line-up wouldn't make it six issues. As much as i like a good train wreck, Teen Titans has had enough crashes and failed launches.
    Geoff Johns wrote those Static and Blue Beetle books, right?
    Booster Gold and Blue Beetle (Ted) didn't do so great in their first series, but their stint in Justice League was a hit, lasting over five years.
    So it can be done.

And, even as a non-reader of Teen Titans, I see huge potential for Power Girl. She's probably one of the the best new characters of the New52, along with Starling.

You would see how good they could be...
    If they put them in the hands of the right writer - Brenden Fletcher, Dan Abnett or someone drafted in from Young Adult novels.
    If they put an accomplished artist on it - that will actually pull in readers and draws them appropriately
    And if they put the book as a real priority - like how Batman and Justice League are treated

But then...
    Any of their books would climb over 35 or 40k in sales if they acted like they published more than just Batman, Justice League and the occasional high-profile nostalgia/throwback event.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Quote Originally Posted by Ropeburn View Post
    This post makes no sense whatsoever.

Cyclops, Storm, and Nightcrawler's solo books have recently bombed.

I guess they have no business near an X-Men roster, lest that tanks too, right?

This is moot, since there have been long-running Titans line-ups, especially since the 90's and 2000's, filled with characters less popular and successful than Static and Jaime/Blue Beetle.

In fact, the NTT is the most famous and most popular version of the Titans. For literally decades, Dick and Wally were the only members of that cast to successfully carry their own book.

Point of order: neither got their own books until after they had left the New Titans; and Wally didn't so much get his own book as he inherited his mentor's book.
    Rogue wears rouge.
    Angel knows all the angles.

Quote Originally Posted by GlennSimpson View Post
    Perhaps it could be argued that Teen Titans sells best with the core "names" - Robin, Kid Flash, Wonder Girl, Superboy...but the current versions of those characters themselves aren't that popular right now. I say retire the concept for a while.
    As another poster just pointed out, the most popular version of the team was the New Teen Titans. Of the original roster, only three had “core names” — Robin, Kid Flash, and Wonder Girl — and within five years, all three had abandoned those codenames. The rest of the team was mostly new characters (save for Beast Boy/Changeling).

What made the team work was the character dynamics; and that's what's been lacking from their current renditions.
    Rogue wears rouge.
    Angel knows all the angles.

Quote Originally Posted by Dataweaver View Post
    As another poster just pointed out, the most popular version of the team was the New Teen Titans. Of the original roster, only three had “core names” — Robin, Kid Flash, and Wonder Girl — and within five years, all three had abandoned those codenames. The rest of the team was mostly new characters (save for Beast Boy/Changeling).

What made the team work was the character dynamics; and that's what's been lacking from their current renditions.
    Yup since then the biggest change up the TT had was when Johns took over but after that TT writers either try it Wolfman and Perez's way or Johns way and it keeps failing. Its time for something new, something fresh.
    Favorite Characters : Cyborg, Hal Jordan, Simon Baz, Tula, Mera ,Bleez, Shazam, Wonder Woman, Agent 37 , Batman, Kon El, Atomica.

I love Legacy but you have to change things up to keep them from going stale - Jason Fabok

Twitter : @Flashpoint52

I always thought it'd be fun to see Young Justice and Teem Titans as farm teams for the Justice League. Each would gain a mentor or two and work on cases that the JL can't work on at the time. There could be a sense of fun competition between the teams, and the occasional crossover when they take on something neither team is prepared for. Plus, it might be a great place to showcase some underused characters either in support roles or even as members. Heck, if it was successful, it could even spawn a few mini-series featuring solo adventure and other teams.

Astonishing Member

I thought the third issue of Titans Hunt was much better than 2 -- where the highlight was Alfred and Dick in the batcave --- yawn! I hope this is really building to something special. I do like the creepiness of the story, but it's been a slow burn. The pace needs to accelerate!

As for the other Teen Titans book. I just don't see much of a point to it. Even though NTT did well with only half of the original team -- and new characters -- it still was connected to the original concept of the sidekick heroes. Those don't really exist today -- and the new Wonder Girl and Kid Flash aren't even connected to the adult heroes. There's just nothing to really ground the series. Might be better to just to reintroduce the NTT team and set it in its own reality. So Dick can be Robin or Nightwing. Donna can be Wonder Girl. Cyborg can be a member -- and not in the JLA, etc.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    I thought the third issue of Titans Hunt was much better than 2 -- where the highlight was Alfred and Dick in the batcave --- yawn! I hope this is really building to something special. I do like the creepiness of the story, but it's been a slow burn. The pace needs to accelerate!

As for the other Teen Titans book. I just don't see much of a point to it. Even though NTT did well with only half of the original team -- and new characters -- it still was connected to the original concept of the sidekick heroes. Those don't really exist today -- and the new Wonder Girl and Kid Flash aren't even connected to the adult heroes. There's just nothing to really ground the series. Might be better to just to reintroduce the NTT team and set it in its own reality. So Dick can be Robin or Nightwing. Donna can be Wonder Girl. Cyborg can be a member -- and not in the JLA, etc.
    OR just connect them to their hero family aND make this kids a well oiled machine,not just running around talking and doing nothing.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sirzechs View Post
    I'm sorry but what? Bombshell over Bunker?
    Be nice. I only really read about her for the end of McKeever and Henderson (yes I know and it was painful) run.

Both Static and Blue Beetle have proven to be bombs as far as sales go.
    Before New 52 both had successful solo runs.

A roster of Dick, Donna, Wally, Speedy, Raven, Garth, Victor, Terra & Starfire held their own against Marvel's big boys.

Marvel took a no name guy called Night Trasher and took 5 FAILURES and it spawned 5 team series books, mini series and solo runs and ALMOST a tv series.

Stuff can work when you can find the right creative staff to do it.

That is the issue with this book now.

BANNED

The problem with this book is that they gave superboy a personality nobody wanted to carry for.should have gave him a fun and badass personality,then the book would-be a success

Guardian of the Universe comicstar100's Avatar

As Titans Hunt goes further I think they will retcon not only the original team but maybe the current one as well so I can see why they don't want it to crossover with the Teen Titans book.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by comicstar100 View Post
    As Titans Hunt goes further I think they will retcon not only the original team but maybe the current one as well so I can see why they don't want it to crossover with the Teen Titans book.
    I consider that unlikely, considering how much retconning they'd have to do in the Titans various parent books to make the new fit into it.