Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default Kyle Baker's "Circuit-Breaker," Milligan's "The Discipline" Debut in Image's March 2016 Solicitations

"Savage Dragon" gives birth, "The 13th Artifact" arrives, Jimmie Robinson's "Power Lines" goes live, and much more!

Full article here.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Wolf #7
    huck #5
    the goddamned #5

No VELVET and LAZARUS again?
    "Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

Incredible Member

Image is officially losing momentum in my eyes. Just 4 books for me (Descender, Monstress, Pretty Deadly, and Saga).

There are still numerous books from past Image Expo's that we are waiting on. From the most recent expo, Warren Ellis's Heartless was supposed to begin in January, while Kyle Higgins' Hadrian's Wall was supposed to begin in November (not to mention numerous other books that have no release date such as The One %, Crosswind, and Slave Punk).

Also, no Casanova, which I believe was supposed to start up again in December, and no nice hardcover books.

This is the most disappointing Image solicit I have seen in the 3 years I've been reading Image.

Just SAGA #35 for me.

No Thief of Thieves or Velvet, again.

Interesting, wasn't Milligan's "The Discipline" originally slated as a vertigo title? I wonder what happened there.

Quote Originally Posted by wwise03 View Post
    Also, no Casanova, which I believe was supposed to start up again in December
    Ugh, yeah, that's the thing I look for every month, and nothing. It's going to take years to complete Acedia at this rate. Not that it's ever come out regularly, but I was so happy it was back, and then it just disappeared.

A lot of other books are on skip months for me. That's fine.

Still waiting on those Wimberly books to get a solicit, and Elli's Heartless.

Battle Through Time Samurai Jack's Avatar

Definitely buying:

Huck 5 [Huckbusters!]
    Wayward 15 CVR A & B [that Ayane cover looks amazing]

Might buy:

Circuit-Breaker 1
    The Discipline 1
    Monstress 4 [may trade wait due to cover price change]
    Outcast 17
    Power Lines 1

Trades I'm interested in owning:

Black Magick vol 1
    Codename Baboushka vol 1
    The Fuse vol 3
    The Humans vol 2
    I Hate Fairyland vol 1
    Paper Girls vol 1
    Top 10 Favorite Comics as of September 2019
    Image: Unnatural, Isola, Monstress
    Marvel: Magnificent Ms. Marvel
    IDW: Samurai Jack: Lost Worlds
    Other: Chuck Mullin's Bird Brain, Huda F's "Yes, I'm Hot in This," Nathan W. Pyle's Strange Planet, Dirk Manning & K. Lynn Smith's Hope, Samurai Grandpa

Pull:
    Huck #5
    Monstress #4
    Cry Havoc #3
    Low #13
    Deadly Class #20 (If my LCS gets #17 this month)

Skip Month:
    Tokyo Ghost
    Paper Girls

Trade Waiting:
    Birthright
    Black Magick
    Black Science
    Revival
    The Beauty
    Nailbiter

Quote Originally Posted by Winterboy View Post
    No VELVET and LAZARUS again?
    I know, right? So frustrating. I don't think Velvet #14 will even be out until February (it was solicited for July) so if they are down in March, trade in April and down in May we probably won't see another issue until June if we're lucky. For Lazarus the trade is currently scheduled for January, but I bet it gets pushed to February since issue #21 comes out late this month. So it makes sense that they're down in March. Hopefully back in April.

Also missing is Copperhead. The second trade is already out so I'm surprised new issues haven't been solicited yet. Faerber did say in the last issue that they wanted to be ahead of schedule before releasing the next arc but I hope we'll see it in April as well.

All that said, I only have Switch coming out in March.

(Still waiting for Simone/Staggs Crosswinds to be announced)
    Favorites: Natasha Romanova, Dinah Lance, Janet Van Dyne, Selina Kyle, Emma Frost, Kitty Pryde, Kate Bishop, Sharon Carter, Sue Storm Richards, Carol Danvers

My lowest pull total in >2 years! I'm consciously moving to trades for books I like, but that mightily struggled to keep a regular schedule. Image's new 'policy' seems geared at remedying this exact issue, but it's too late for several books for me. I do hope that said 'policy' doesn't result in early end for some books, especially in cases where creators can't float finances to finish several issues prior to soliciting start of an arc.

Image:
    - Pull: Autumnlands, Bitch Planet, Black Science, Descender, Goddamned, Huck, Low, Monstress (price increase), Outcast, Pretty Deadly, Saga, Shutter (sales at 4k but trades sustaining it for now), Walking Dead
    - Trade Wait: Jupiter's Circle, Nowhere Men, Sons of the Devil (due to creators providing additional story in trade that wasn't in floppies; are sales sustainable at 7k? perhaps that's why price increasing from $3 to $4)
    - Skip Month: Beauty, Black Magick, East of West, Goners, Invisible Republic (are sales sustainable at 6.5k? this is a great series so I hope the trade sells well), Lazarus, Nailbiter, Ody-C (are sales sustainable at 8k & still dropping?), Paper Girls, Tokyo Ghost, Wytches
    - Skip Month & will Trade Wait (due to delays): Manhattan Projects (is this series dead?), Manifest Destiny, Rat Queens, Sex Criminals, Thief of Thieves (are sales sustainable at 6.5k?), Velvet
    - Skip Month & will Drop (solid series but wasn't progressing quick enough): Drifter (are sales sustainable at 5.5k?), Sex (are sales sustainable at 5k?), They're Not Like Us (are sales sustainable at 7k?); I Hate Fairyland (not my 'thing')

Those interested in sales analysis check out:
    - Oct: http://www.comicsbeat.com/image-comi...-a-paper-moon/
    - Sep: http://www.comicsbeat.com/image-comi...-with-a-ghost/

Marvel:
    - Trade Wait: Black Widow, Daredevil, Star Wars, Darth Vader, Obi-Wan & Anakin

DC:
    - Mail Subscribe: Batman, Detective Comics, Robin, Justice League
    - Skip Month: American Vampire
    - Trade Wait: DK3, Superman American Alien, Suiciders

DH:
    - Pull: Harrow County
    - Trade Wait: Massive

Others:
    - Pull: Devolution, Bunker, Life After
    - Skip Month: Letter 44
    - Trade Wait: James Bond
    Last edited by comicfiend; 12-20-2015 at 06:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by klynn View Post
    I know, right? So frustrating. I don't think Velvet #14 will even be out until February (it was solicited for July) so if they are down in March, trade in April and down in May we probably won't see another issue until June if we're lucky. For Lazarus the trade is currently scheduled for January, but I bet it gets pushed to February since issue #21 comes out late this month. So it makes sense that they're down in March. Hopefully back in April.
    Rucka did a recent interview talking to their "mic drop" with issue 21, and that they'd have a bit longer hiatus given Image's new policy of having several issues entirely done before allowing solicit of an arc. He also indicated that the 2nd hardcover would be out in May spanning issues 10-21.

Who knows about Velvet; great book but they've long lost me in floppies. I'm only going to get that in collected form!

Regarding the absence of Casanova, I bet we see it in April. December was the plan, but Image want 3-4 issues done before soliciting, and considering the delays on the first arc of Acedia, I'm sure that's being implemented here. Even though it seems those delays were about Matt's personal life hiccups. It's understandable.

So, 3-4 issues, 3-4 months later than planned solicit/release. Matt has said that he's given scripts to Fabio, so it is being worked on.

Ouch:
    271 - CASANOVA: ACEDIA ($3.99)
    01/2015: Casanova: Acedia #1 of 4 -- 16,780
    02/2015: --
    03/2015: Casanova: Acedia #2 of 4 -- 10,310 (- 38.6%)
    04/2015: --
    05/2015: --
    06/2015: --
    07/2015: Casanova: Acedia #3 of 4 -- 7,865 (- 23.7%)
    08/2015: --
    09/2015: Casanova: Acedia #4 of 4 -- 6,117 (- 22.2%)

10K reader loss over for issues. The delays couldn't have helped, but that's still a fucking lot of readers lost. What a shame, it's easily one of the best comics of the last 10 years if you ask me.
    Last edited by Joker; 12-15-2015 at 01:11 PM.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by wwise03 View Post
    Image is officially losing momentum in my eyes.

There are still numerous books from past Image Expo's that we are waiting on. From the most recent expo, Warren Ellis's Heartless was supposed to begin in January, while Kyle Higgins' Hadrian's Wall was supposed to begin in November (not to mention numerous other books that have no release date such as The One %, Crosswind, and Slave Punk).
    Well alot of the books that get anounced at Image Expo right now are in the early stages of development. So it takes them sometimes a year or more to get solicited. For the books that were announced with dates I believe part of the recent delays in solicitation come from the changed image policy regarding new series. in which the team basicaly has to have the first arc done before getting their books solicited. i read that Image reaquires three done issues now to get the first issue of a book solicited and then for each issue after that two to zero dependend on the progress of the arc. That basically means that before any revenue can be calculated and earned the hole arc has to be done. While a writer, colorist, letterer can work on multiple workks simultaniosly the artist won´t have any income from that series for almost half a year (not counting the planing phase of the comic). As a result the artist has to work on a new image title as if it where a side project while drawing an other comic or doing other work. So this gets new projects significantly delayed in my opinion.

No Lazarus and Invincible sucks. The Discipline seems interesting though.
    Current Pull: Lazarus, The Realm, Seven to Eternity, Aquaman, Flash, Justice League Dark, Justice League Odyssey, Sideways, Black Panther, Captain America, Daredevil, Death of the Inhumans.

Future Pull: Killmonger.