Default Under Appreciated DC Character Thread

What characters do you think are under appreciated and should be focused on and used more in the DCU?

In my opinion, DC has tons of stuff that just isn't executed well because they don't want to risk it. But what characters should they put stride and hard work behind to push into the forefront of the DCU and excite fans and newcomers alike to?

Never Giving Up! GreenLanternRanger's Avatar

Off the top of my head I would say...

Captain Carrot & His Amazing Zoo Crew: Marvel can give solos to Howard The Duck and Rocket Raccoon, but DC can't be bothered to do a fun/funny talking animal book, that's just sad.
    Ragman: Why can't he get a good Mini set in the current DCU?
    Vibe: We haven't seen him for awhile now, it would be nice to have him back in a new ongoing or maybe in future issues of Legends of Tomorrow *if that can last past its first six issues that is*
    Black Lightning: Put the right team on it and you could probably have a pretty good book.

and on a more personal note... Telos: You promise a 12 issue mini than cut it at issue 6, that's just wrong DC! Seriously this guy could be their Silver Surfer, they make him a big deal in Convergence and now they just wanna cut his series short and forget about him. Ugg! Oh well maybe he'll pop up in future issues of Legends of Tomorrow or some future event.
    There's a Time For Peace, and Then There's a Time To Punch Nazi Scumbags in the Face!!

BANNED

Written right, Guy Gardner could get to the top of the DCU.

Spectacular Member

As a Metamorpho Fan I am really pleased to see the upcoming Legends of Tomorrow series which will freature characters long time forgotten.
    If you look at past series such as Brave and the bold and Adventure Comics you will find dozens of characters from the D-list that never received a new chance even after the Crisis on Infinite Earths reboot and even less received a chance in the New 52.
    One example:
    images.jpg

Astonishing Member Old Man Ollie 1962's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pat View Post
    As a Metamorpho Fan I am really pleased to see the upcoming Legends of Tomorrow series which will freature characters long time forgotten.
    If you look at past series such as Brave and the bold and Adventure Comics you will find dozens of characters from the D-list that never received a new chance even after the Crisis on Infinite Earths reboot and even less received a chance in the New 52.
    One example:
    images.jpg
    Rex. Yes, Rex. Really liked him in the Outsiders.

09a80370291ec314285d4dc95d006946.jpg

Astonishing Member Old Man Ollie 1962's Avatar

I miss the Sarge, Bulldozer, Little Sure Shot, Ice Cream Soldier, Wildman,and Jackie Johnson!

OAAW17901fc.jpg

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Old School Ollie 1962 View Post
    Rex. Yes, Rex. Really liked him in the Outsiders.

09a80370291ec314285d4dc95d006946.jpg
    My only worrying is this legacy killers change his origin and dump his history by altering his origin and stick to the origin from the Justice League Unlimited TV show.

I feel like there are a few writers around who truly recognize how awesome Steel can be, but not enough. John Henry Irons is amazing.