Super Moderator

Default Spoiler-Free Review: "Star Wars: The Force Awakens" Exceeds the Hype

"Star Wars: The Force Awakens" is a better movie, a more thrilling ride and a more satisfying adventure than fans dared to dream.

Full article here.

Ultimate Member

This movie is getting insanely good reviews.

After 53 reviews, its at 100% on RT. I just hope some folks aren't disturbed because my understanding is that the movie has a healthy dose of humor.

Can't wait to see it this Friday (might be tough though seeing as it's already pre-sold $100M worth of tickets).
    Last edited by Username taken; 12-16-2015 at 02:06 AM.

(Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

Here's another insanely good review. It's already out here in South Africa and I saw a press screening of it yesterday. Check out my own full but entirely spoiler-free review of it here, if you so choose.
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

I don't know how it's physically possible to exceed the amount of hype that Disney has built up for this story. But if anything can shatter the laws of physics, economics, and everything in between, it's Star Wars.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    This movie is getting insanely good reviews.

After 53 reviews, its at 100% on RT. I just hope some folks aren't disturbed because my understanding is that the movie has a healthy dose of humor.

Can't wait to see it this Friday (might be tough though seeing as it's already pre-sold $100M worth of tickets).
    While the humor was stilted in the Prequel Trilogy, the original trilogy is rife with humor. Not jokes, character humor. So I don't see how anyone could be disturbed by humor in a Star Wars film.

Amazing Member

I saw it this morning as i live in France and went to the first screening of the day.
    I do have to say that i really really enjoyed myself and thinks its really good, and is nothing like the prequels and definitly has the OT feel.
    it is hard to talk about anything without saying something spoilery but i definitly understand all the embargo stuff.
    I cant wait for it to come out everywhere so i can talk with people about it

Hmm, I can't get behind this review. I like the cast yes, and Ford plays a great role. I like the new cast but I still can't quite understand how a girl maintains a posh English accent on a desert world full of aliens and criminals.

I have no idea about the hype because I literally avoided everything this year quite easily, but the hype part might explain why so many reviews are gushing. People buying into or fighting against hype do start to think differently about things.

It is dangerous to compare this to Age of Ultron because I for one preferred that film to this one and see lots of similarities. The way the interstitial scenes were not given any time to breath, and the way both films try and keep you looking away from underlying flaws by throwing action and spectacle at you.

Edit: maybe the interstitial scenes in AOU are better on reflection.
    Last edited by JKtheMac; 12-17-2015 at 06:09 AM.