Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default Ultimate End #5 Spoilers & Discussion

spoilers:
    -Miles breaks up the fight.
    -Emma Frost, Teen Jean and Rachel Summers show everybody what Miles has seen, they decide to unite against Doom.
    -It's still ambiguous whether the characters were created from scratch or just plucked from different dimensions.
    -The Thors arrive, Magik transports everybody to a safe house.
    -Ultimate Punisher tries to shoot the Thors, gets fried. Sort of a heroic sacrifice, I guess?
    -616 Spidey, 616 Tony and Miles bid farewell to their loved ones before everybody gets teleported to Doomstadt were they engage the Thors.
    -Bit by bit, everyone gets decimated. 616 Spidey, 616 Tony and Miles are apparently the last ones standing before everything fades to white.
    -Miles wakes up and is greeted by Rio, he's surprised that she's alive. Ganke, Judge and Lana wait outside for Miles, everybody's talking in caps now.
    THE END
    end of spoilers

This was an utter disappointment, aside from Bagley's artwork. The Ultimate Universe should've gotten a worthy send-off instead of this mess.
    "Tell me there's something better. Go ahead, try."

BANNED

Yeah Secret Wars #1 is as close of a send-off we got.

Beautiful art, horrible writing.

spoilers:
    So, this confirms that no one survived Secret Wars besides Miles and Co. (and Reed)?
    end of spoilers

BANNED

Embarrassing. This series never should have happened, the UU should have just finished at Secret Wars #1.

By the way, what was the reason for the massive delays? I didn't see anything that could spoil the end of Secret Wars. Did you?

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Well...the last couple of pages were good lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimate_Guru View Post
    By the way, what was the reason for the massive delays? I didn't see anything that could spoil the end of Secret Wars. Did you?
    My best guess is that maybe Miles will arrive in Secret Wars #9 with his cavalry.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    My best guess is that maybe Miles will arrive in Secret Wars #9 with his cavalry.
    Yeah, maybe that, because the destruction of Battleworld is really not a spoiler at this point.

So...

spoilers:
    Miles' mom is alive in 616?
    end of spoilers

Incredible Member

was that four or five pages of talking head double splash pages? Exactly why i despise current Bendis. pathetic.

Incredible Member

Default Ultimate End 5: SPOILERS and discussions

Okay so this was an interesting and of course confusing issue just like the past 4 have been:

-Miles stops the whole battle between Ultimate and 616
    -Psychics projects what he knows to all the heroes of both worlds
    -Some heroes think miles is lying or is a test of loyalty by doom
    -They finally wrap their heads around that they might not be real and of all the people that died and they may be fake doppelganger of each other
    -Miles and Peter both insist they are all real
    -Eventually all heroes decide to take the battle to doom
    -Thors attack and Illyana teleports all the heroes out to her secret penthouse base, mine frank castle for some reason who dies shooting rocket launchers at the thors
    -Before going to storm doom's castle Peter, Miles, and one of the Tony's do goodbye phone calls which layover all these shocked and sad faces of the ultimate and 616 heroes
    -They storm the castle
    -Flashes to miles being woken up in bed by his mother telling him not to waste the day, His mother is alive now and he hugs her seeming to remember what happened before is unclear yet but he is very happy to see her as if not for a long time
    -His friends are outside his wind telling him to get ready comprising of Ganke, their other roommate whose name escapes me, and one girl who doesn't look like Bombshell but i cannot confirm as no name is said

My questions that still linger
    -Why does miles not have a double on this world in the 616/ultimate world on battle world but peter does, Miles was on the ship with peter so my best bet is Since Peter has a 616 double on here shouldn't miles have a Ultimate double too he should have encountered?
    -What of the rest of the cast? Did they all die in a blazing glory? Will miles being the sole survivor be explained or will we just accept that he's always been part of this new universe
    -Since Miles was a survivor of the final incursion does he remember the old universe and battleworld? (hopefully this is explained in his new ongoing and not just ignored for the sake of not confusing new readers"
    -Also wonder if we will see and Old Man Logan and Miles interaction as sole survivors of lost words
    -Wondering if The Maker also remembers since it wasn't mentioned in new avengers
    -Big question: will we see any of previous cast of the Ultimate universe? as someone who's read every Ultimate issue in the entire line i'm curious, I know clearly we have the maker, miles ganke and his family but what of Jessica drew, Cloak and dagger, jimmy hudson, bombshell, characters that were drastically different takes or just new completely

Incredible Member

My questions that still linger:
    -Why does miles not have a double on this world in the 616/ultimate world on battle world but peter does, Miles was on the ship with peter so my best bet is Since Peter has a 616 double on here shouldn't miles have a Ultimate double too he should have encountered?
    -What of the rest of the cast? Did they all die in a blazing glory? Will miles being the sole survivor be explained or will we just accept that he's always been part of this new universe
    -Since Miles was a survivor of the final incursion does he remember the old universe and battleworld? (hopefully this is explained in his new ongoing and not just ignored for the sake of not confusing new readers"
    -Also wonder if we will see and Old Man Logan and Miles interaction as sole survivors of lost words
    -Wondering if The Maker also remembers since it wasn't mentioned in new avengers
    -Big question: will we see any of previous cast of the Ultimate universe? as someone who's read every Ultimate issue in the entire line i'm curious, I know clearly we have the maker, miles ganke and his family but what of Jessica drew, Cloak and dagger, jimmy hudson, bombshell, characters that were drastically different takes or just new completely
    Last edited by Bossace; 12-16-2015 at 08:45 AM.

AbsoluteAuthority

I think this entire series can be boiled down to that one blank page. Bendis getting paid to write absolutelty nothing.

Ultimate.jpg

I think this image says everything I could possibly think about this book.

Even setting aside the fact that this wasn't a sendoff for the UU (that happened in Secret Wars #1), this was just a terrible end to a terrible miniseries.

Incredible Member

I want to imagine is the UU died in secret wars 1 and these are just copies doom made to play with because the mini was just that bad and made no sense

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    So...

spoilers:
    Miles' mom is alive in 616?
    end of spoilers
    Yes, she's back.