Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by SpeedofLife View Post
    So the UU is gone, only to serve in the future as a footnote explanation for Miles and the Triskelion in 616. Such a fitting and satisfactory end to a 10+ years old line of comics!

This was horrible - worse than Ultimatum. If you asked me who the worst comic book writer working today is, I answer say Bendis without hesitation. Actually, I might even nominate him for one of the worst ever.
    Well to be fair we don't who else came over from 616.

There is a way to look at this-every merged with their UU counterpart. So 616 Peter would have the memories of UU Peter, since the UU cast is younger than the 616 cast.

So now dead folks in 616 like Rich Rider and Dwayne Taylor are probably alive now if they were around in the UU universe.

Heck Miles of 616 could have been dead and that explain's Peter's expression at the end of Spider-Men and the Rio we see is the 616 that didn't lose her son.

Bendis really left plot line that could be used later on.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Well to be fair we don't who else came over from 616.
    Yeah, I am holding out hope that they will pull Jessica, Gwen, MJ and Aunt May out of their hats one day, when a writer remembers that they exist(ed) and wants to use them. Hopefully Bendis himself.

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

For what it's worth, Bendis mentioned on his Tumblr that there's still going to be more Ultimate Universe survivors.

If I had to guess, it'll probably be more of the "original" characters like Captain Quaid and the Serpent Skulls.
    Last edited by CrimsonEchidna; 12-16-2015 at 06:17 PM.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    For what it's worth, Bendis mentioned on his Tumblr that there's still going to be more Ultimate Universe survivors.

If I had to guess, it'll probably be more of the "original" characters like Captain Quaid and the Serpent Skulls.
    Jessica is original enough.

Wow this was...um....empty? I guess it'll get explained more in Secret Wars but....wow. Miles showed up. Everyone realizes what's going on, Thors Attack, fade to white, New 616.

The last few pages with Miles was truly the highlight of this issue and make me hungry for Spider-Man #1, which I guess was the point but still....

This was on par with the rest of the series. I am very disappointed and saddened by how the UU apparently ended, it gave no closure and wasn't worthy for what the UU meant to Marvel and its fans. Just look at the movies, that is all the evidence we need to see the level of impact the UU has had. Marvel continues to frustrate me with its direction for many of the titles I used to really enjoy.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Yeah, that's probably a lot more likely (and with Watanabe gone, I guess the Spiders could use a new police contact in NYPD). It's also probably a good reason why Bombshell made the jump.

I'll be honest, I'm kinda conflicted about Ultimate characters with prominent 616 counterparts making the jump to 616...I think it would really just depend on how it's handled, but I'm not really expecting it to happen.

Though, heck, if apparently Ultimate and 616 fused, then maybe that's why Gwen in Spidey was acting like Ultimate Gwen?

Quote Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
    If she carries over, I wouldn't be surprised if she becomes tied to the Clone Saga and her name changes to Jessica Reilly or Jessica Parker. She could even keep her same age because we've seen how Jackal likes screwing with his clones.

Spectacular Member

Yeah, I am holding out hope that they will pull Jessica, Gwen, MJ and Aunt May out of their hats one day, when a writer remembers that they exist(ed) and wants to use them. Hopefully Bendis himself.
    Pretty much this. The way that was ended would be super easy for any writer to have an Ultimate character pop up if they wanted them and editors allowed it. Though I'm pretty sure most editors fear Bendis and just let him do what he wants 95% of the time.

Bendis is currently writing an MJ so for now I think Ultimate MJ is staying gone. Ultimate Gwen has low odds of popping up due to Spider-Gwen imho, like one of the few things Bendis just can't touch without approval from the too dogs, Aunt May is iffy due to Slott still having the old one in his series. Jessica however I'd place money bets on Bendis bringing back, he loves every version of Jessica Drew too much not to include her if he can. Plus post Secret Wars is an opportunity to fix anything he didn't like about what happened to her, like what happened to a different character at the end of this issue... but spoiler

Didn't know that, thanks for the info

Agreed

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Yeah, that's probably a lot more likely (and with Watanabe gone, I guess the Spiders could use a new police contact in NYPD). It's also probably a good reason why Bombshell made the jump.

I'll be honest, I'm kinda conflicted about Ultimate characters with prominent 616 counterparts making the jump to 616...I think it would really just depend on how it's handled, but I'm not really expecting it to happen.

Though, heck, if apparently Ultimate and 616 fused, then maybe that's why Gwen in Spidey was acting like Ultimate Gwen?
    Wow, didn't think of that... sadly Spider-Gwen #3 stated that Gwen died (though comics, so just cause they said it doesn't mean it happened or couldn't change)

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    If she carries over, I wouldn't be surprised if she becomes tied to the Clone Saga and her name changes to Jessica Reilly or Jessica Parker. She could even keep her same age because we've seen how Jackal likes screwing with his clones.
    That's the one thing really holding back her return... the names. Jessica Drew is taken, Spider-Woman is taken (by 3 characters in other ongoing series atm), Spider-Girl is taken, Black Widow is taken, Red Widow is taken, etc... in fairness though 616 Jessica Drew likely won't mind since atm she's becoming besties with Spider-Woman aka Spider-Gwen and seems very cool with crazy stuff like that, even though crazy stuff like that is why she quit the Avengers... comic logic, what else can I say...

I'm liking your name change suggestions though, learning Reilly though that wouldnt make sense without UU Aunt May so I guess Parker, now we just need a new hero name... lol
    Last edited by LordRyus; 12-16-2015 at 11:33 PM.
    Current Pull List (updated for ANAD): Star Wars □ Darth Vader □ Lando □ Chewbacca □ Kanan □ uh... alot of ANAD but I still have decided what yet, lol

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

I hope heroes who don't have 616 counterparts like James Hudson and Bombshell will make it. I could care less for more alternative versions of existing people.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

I've read it now. It was great. Marvel couldn't have released this until now because the content was too revealing about Battleworld for starters, and, about the formation of ANAD that the plan was aiming for. This is the first book that encapsulates all of what Doom is, and what he as doing on Battleworld by punishing all the people who ever crossed him, killing them over and over again at his leisure. But it is also the first book that gives us a hint that the plan was to make a similar Earth as close as possible as they could, after beating Doom. We now realise that ANAD was this compromise Earth, or best fit that they could come up with, as well as realising how many people died as a result of the Incursions over many realities. Got to hand it to Bendis for enveloping all of the concepts involved in the whole event, and aiming for the "what comes next" of all the characters who survived the battle at the end, when Miles woke up, and Triskelion and Avengers Tower loomed over Manhattan.

I was surprised to see Beta Ray Bill Thor in the last battle, after his death in Thors. But seeing as Doom can just snap his fingers and make new ones of everything, maybe it's not all that significant.

But for myself, this is a very satisfying end book to the series of 150 books of Secret Wars tie-ins. A beautiful cover of all the characters, by Bags, walking into that (double page as well) white light of expectation and (in Miles Morales' case), seeing a dream come true, and being invigorated by the success of getting a world so close to what they expected. I could almost feel Miles' relaxation at the final victory of being inside that world, and thinking, "Man, no more Doom, no more craziness, and just enjoy the day. This is the best day I've ever had, and I will only enjoy the moment from now on".
    Last edited by jackolover; 12-17-2015 at 01:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    This was on par with the rest of the series. I am very disappointed and saddened by how the UU apparently ended, it gave no closure and wasn't worthy for what the UU meant to Marvel and its fans. Just look at the movies, that is all the evidence we need to see the level of impact the UU has had. Marvel continues to frustrate me with its direction for many of the titles I used to really enjoy.
    Well it's not just the end of the UU it's the end of how we viewed the MU too. They are both gone.

But many alternate universes exist. We haven't discovered which ones yet, but there is enough already revealed to suggest this is not the last we will hear of the elements of both the UU and MU. Just taking up Miles' enthusiasm, this is only the start of the story of what the 8th iteration of reality will be. This is a very optimistic opening to ANAD, we see here.

And I'm not too sure if Miles shown here is 8 months later, but it sure looks like day 1 to me, him waking up like that, surprised to see his mom, and euphoric at the start of a brand new day.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

Gwen in Spidey? Isn't that Spidey book set back in a more simpler reality, in the past?
    Last edited by jackolover; 12-17-2015 at 04:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by LordRyus View Post

That's the one thing really holding back her return... the names. Jessica Drew is taken, Spider-Woman is taken (by 3 characters in other ongoing series atm), Spider-Girl is taken, Black Widow is taken, Red Widow is taken, etc... in fairness though 616 Jessica Drew likely won't mind since atm she's becoming besties with Spider-Woman aka Spider-Gwen and seems very cool with crazy stuff like that, even though crazy stuff like that is why she quit the Avengers... comic logic, what else can I say...

I'm liking your name change suggestions though, learning Reilly though that wouldnt make sense without UU Aunt May so I guess Parker, now we just need a new hero name... lol
    Well for a new hero name they could always go with Arachne since Julia isn't currently using it. Honestly if you ask me, that's what they should have changed her hero name to when it came to ANU as it would have seemed a lot less random than Black Widow and had some connection to the Spider-Woman name.

Quote Originally Posted by LordRyus View Post
    Arachne should be available, she's even used that name before. edit: Kurolegacy beat me to it.

This is still one of the worst Ultimate minis I've ever read, it's below Cataclysm in my book. Even if Bagley has created some gorgeous artwork this time around. We didn't get any closure on Ultimate Peter, 616 Peter was able to visit Ultimate May and Gwen in Queens even though the domain is supposed to be a composite Manhattan and the two Tonys went from "Let's defy Doom, the Thors and all of our friends combined!" to "This means war, I'll go get all of my friends and kill you!" in a matter of panels. Sorry, but I can't find any redeeming qualities about this series.
    "Tell me there's something better. Go ahead, try."