Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 91516171819

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    While i agree this is just an origin story.What makes this work is people can actually get clark as person.He's not some naive hum drum savior that acts like metropolis's dad.There is an actual scene where clark eats ramen somewhere high.It's not even tied down to superman's past and baggage.Suoerman never had an origin like this one.
    Dude, if you liked Clark eating ramen so much, you should definetly check out Superman: Meshi Manga. Since you have an One Piece avatar, you are into manga, i believe Superman: Meshi is the stuff for you. (:
    Last edited by out of control; 12-03-2023 at 02:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kingaliencracker View Post
    AA is a solid story but ultimately tarnished by the fact that Max Landis is a disgusting creep. Anything positive that could have been taken or adapted from the story is thus moot.
    Max Landis the writer of the book is a disgusting creep ?!?!!? why ??? what happened ??? I didn't hear anything about this before.

Quote Originally Posted by daBronzeBomma View Post
    Seriously feels like the excellent My Adventures With Superman animated series took several cues from American Alien.
    This is the new Superman cartoon, right. I don't know, i tried a Spider-Man cartoon and really hated it since then i stay away from the cartoons.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Seriously feels like the excellent My Adventures With Superman animated series took several cues from American Alien.
    It did and did not.Clark in American alien is witty,perceptive,make statements in humourous way(hugs and kisses xoxo)and somewhat of a dork.The tv guys took the dork part is my opinion
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Astonishing Member kingaliencracker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by out of control View Post
    Max Landis the writer of the book is a disgusting creep ?!?!!? why ??? what happened ??? I didn't hear anything about this before.
    https://variety.com/2019/film/news/m...on-1203246371/

https://maxlandis.***********/why-i-...g-9f7a32d9db7f

Sorry for ressurecting this old thread, but i read Superman: American Alien and didn't want to open a new thread to just comment for 5 lines or something.

Was Superman: American Alien mind blowing ? No... Because this was another origin story. The biggest deffirence was, it was made out of short stories. Some of them were ok and some of them were good, but there were so many other origin stories and it looks like there will be many other origins stories for Superman in the future... Because comic book writers are only passionet about writing origin stories about Superman. It would be alot better, if the writers focused on something other than Superman's origin with a passion.

Actually, another origin and i will puke at this point...
    I recommend Superman: Space Age, Superman: Lost, Superman ‘78, and (whenever it finishes) Superman: The Last Days of Lex Luthor for stand-alone stories about Supes that aren’t origins and which have come out recently. I totally agree by the way, there are far too many origin retellings for Supes. More Year 2/3 stories are what we need.
    They definitely did, they just didn’t want to give Landis credit because I’m sure then they would have had to pay him or put him in the show credits.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

OMG... I am shocked... And i hope this doesn't sound negative but i am glad i got the American Alien trade... Now knowing it won't get any reprint ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I recommend Superman: Space Age, Superman: Lost, Superman ‘78, and (whenever it finishes) Superman: The Last Days of Lex Luthor for stand-alone stories about Supes that aren’t origins and which have come out recently. I totally agree by the way, there are far too many origin retellings for Supes. More Year 2/3 stories are what we need.

They definitely did, they just didn’t want to give Landis credit because I’m sure then they would have had to pay him or put him in the show credits.
    I am acutally waiting for an Omnibus for Superman '78 because DC made an Omnibus for Batman '66. And waiting for Deluxe Editions for Space Age and Lost. I will get The Last days of lex as well, when it gets the Deluxe Edition treatment. What can i say, i like Big OHCs and can not lie. lol

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Dude, if you liked Clark eating ramen so much, you should definetly check out Superman: Meshi Manga. Since you have an One Piece avatar, you are into manga, i believe Superman: Meshi is the stuff for you. (:
    I read it actually,it felt like a bit of showcase than an actual story.Other than that it's fun
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

This is the new Superman cartoon, right. I don't know, i tried a Spider-Man cartoon and really hated it since then i stay away from the cartoons.
    My adventures with Superman is great. You should give it a chance.