Page 8 of 22 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    Perfectly valid reaction. It doesn't matter what Robinson's long game is or where he goes from issue #1, he isn't owed an audience, especially not one expected to pay $4 a pop after they've already found the book a massive turn-off. If it gets better, that's what reviews, spoilers, and TPB collections are for.
    True, one can always listen to it's reception and get the trade.

Mighty Member

Here is my overall opinion. I see this issue has proven divisive, which is entirely what James Robinson was going for, and why he allotted Namor the opportunity to defend his actions. On that front, seems like a success to me. Me? I don't care. Were they right? Were they wrong? I don't care. That's not why I was excited to read this series. I'm here for what happens next, for the further development into these characters. For the look into their former worlds. For the inner conflict that has always defined the best Squadron books. Some people have problems with James Robinson's dialogue. It's a criticism I see a lot about the writer and at this point you should know what to expect in that regard. I, personally, have never had a problem with his dialogue. To me, this is a #1 issue, it's set up. The question then, is do you like what they are setting up or not? For me, that answer is yes. I'm still very down with this book, and I hope it can impress with time. Nice to know Thundra still remembers her previous experiences with the Squadron. Post-Secret Wars I would not have been surprised if that history was retconned. It will definitely make for some interesting interaction.

BANNED

Ignore this post lol, as I just saw that Abe responded already.
    Last edited by HeWhoSlapsAll; 12-16-2015 at 01:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mbeezy561 View Post
    Yeah it does, thousands of Wakandans died, not to mention the five different earths he helped kill. The idea is that regardless of whether or not you do bad things for the greater good, eventually you have to pay for your actions, and after killing five worlds the only way he could have paid is with his head.
    Yeah, but it seemed so arbitrary who the SS picked as the person needing to be eliminated. Why not eliminate the Beyonders? They started it all. People making tough choices, like Namor, were just instruments of the cataclysm. The cataclysm was always going to happen and to attribute ethical fault to anything or anyone is just vindictive for the sake of being vindictive.

Quote Originally Posted by Venom Melendez View Post
    It wasn't necessary, his destruction of Doctor Spectrum's world was pointless and ultimately did nothing but show Namor to be heartless.

But this was necessary. Finally having Namor pay for his crimes and having Doctor Spectrum avenge her world was completely necessary.
    No... What Namor did was buy the 616 more time to survive, harsh as it was, it was the reality of the situation. It showed him being a realist. It's not like he didn't regret his actions either as shown in Avengers World. Without those actions, no one from the 616 would've had enough time to escape to Battleworld and the Beyonders could've ended everything before Doom could do anything about it.

And how necessary was making all those Atlanteans homeless if they were simply just going after Namor for revenge? That's what seems heartless.
    Currently Reading: DC: Shazam /// MARVEL: Daredevil, Invaders, Winter Soldier /// IMAGE: Seven to Eternity /// TITAN: Bloodborne

Upcoming Reading:

Trade Waiting: IMAGE: East of West, Black Road, The Black Monday Murders /// DARK HORSE: Hellboy, Witcher

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jackolover View Post
    Actually the real culprit was Doom, so the SS should have killed Doom. Namor was an incidental planet buster. Doom started the process that made Planets collide endlessly, so Doom should have been killed, not Namor. Namor was a victim like the SS.
    Culprit? Doom didn't mean to start the incursions, while Namor knew what he was going to be doing.

Tho, based off the mission statment, the SS should [try to] kill Doom, but they wouldn't know Doom's role in this anyways.

Glad I skipped that title as a fan of the X-mens tired of genocide, massacres and deaths. I saw a picture of the city of Atlantis being destroyed by Hyperion that was too far even Castle has limits.

It seems some people only see one side of the issue is true that Namor deserve it for what he did in Time Runs Out but anyone really believe that he would risk his people and his city when he was the target? Or that the Atlantis are not part of the planet? For those who do not remember Namor attacked the surface just because humans threatened his underwater kingdom.

How many times he helped save the world alongside the Avengers, the X-mens and the Fantastic Four? It's a shame by what been reading in the comments his death although no definitive was ridiculous and without any note worthy to be commented feel sorry for their fans.

No need to worry for the rest of Iluminatis most of them are in major teams post SW or solo comics or are movies that will come out soon Marvel never kill them.Namor was the most convenient choice . Good read for anyone who continue reading this comic but I pass though as some said maybe this team turns out to be the factor that will lead to Civil Wars II.

BANNED

I don't understand how any of the SS in that Illuminati vs Golden Society battle survived into Battleworld or ANAD. They should all have been killed and nobody remembers what Namor did.

It looks like some people remember, and others don't. I'm pretty Sure Doom remembers, but Stark and Strange don't, which it why they're goatee bros.

Quote Originally Posted by HeWhoSlapsAll View Post
    Dude, he wasn't in control of his actions. Those Wakandan deaths aren't entirely on his hands. Not when Jean is never responsible for her actions, under it's influence, or when Natasha, and Bucky, aren't held responsible for their pasts.

As for the culling of worlds, yes, I've said he deserves the sword. It was necessary, but you don't let a guy like that walk.
    Namor, "a guy like that"? Really. What is he, a Devil? Namor was always a very honourable monarch. It's just the difference between monarchists and democrats, but I doubt there's any difference between both. Democrats voted to give Wakanda to the Cabal.

Quote Originally Posted by Haquim View Post
    The same applies to you.

Because the explanation YOU give is just what YOU want to believe. Try explaining why T'Challa is all guilt ridden when Namor asks him what happened, for example.
    But you don't care because you desperately want the struggle between Namor and T'Challa to have the latter holding the moral high ground WHILE all Hickman did was to show us how these TWO ARROGANT MONARCHS WERE BOTH WILLING TO DO TERRIBLE, DISHONORABLE THINGS FOR THEIR COUNTRIES AND THEIR SUPPOSED HONOR.
    a) Did I touch a nerve? yeesh

b) You are confusing me and the person you were talking with before hand.

c) t'challa didn't do what you are saying. That was Shuri who ordered it. T'challa did what he told Namor he would do... argue for peace. Shuri rejected it and did what giants do.

d) and he showed regret and it spells out his regret right on panel.

There is nothing to read into anything
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Culprit? Doom didn't mean to start the incursions, while Namor knew what he was going to be doing.

Tho, based off the mission statment, the SS should [try to] kill Doom, but they wouldn't know Doom's role in this anyways.
    Doom knew killing Owens was going to start the cataclysm of planet destruction. Namor had nothing to do with that.

BANNED

Namor, "a guy like that"? Really. What is he, a Devil? Namor was always a very honourable monarch. It's just the difference between monarchists and democrats, but I doubt there's any difference between both. Democrats voted to give Wakanda to the Cabal.
    Yes "a guy like that". A guy with the blood of several billions on his hands.

Also, Democrats didn't vote for the Cabal to do what they did...world leaders took a democratic approach lol. There's a difference.

BANNED

Doom knew killing Owens was going to start the cataclysm of planet destruction. Namor had nothing to do with that.
    Oh yeah, still, neither Doom, or Namor, are the real culprits.

That would be the Beyonders. If Doom does nothing, then all the multiverse dies at once, while Namor's actions bought everyone time to do what they did.

Quote Originally Posted by Abe View Post
    I love deconstruction, but the problem here is that like you said reader actually feels sick. It's not an improvement of the genre. It doesn't give to it more depth or complexity. It's just for the sake of the hype.
    I don't know. I haven't read it yet, but if it is deconstruction of the hero, Civil War II is coming up, so any question mark against heroism, is going to be used in that event. If SS is the book that shows a deep flaw in the concept of heroism as applied by the Marvel Universe heroes, then maybe it's worth addressing, just to clear the air of any lingering disquiet in that area.

Yes "a guy like that". A guy with the blood of several billions on his hands.

Also, Democrats didn't vote for the Cabal to do what they did...world leaders took a democratic approach lol. There's a difference.
    It's a technical difference. Maybe they weren't all "Democrats" in that sense, but it was a democratic system that ruined Wakanda, and I wouldn't be putting Billions of people dead just on Namor, when it was always going to happen. Like people have mentioned, there wouldn't be any high and mighty SS if Namor wasn't willing to to do what he did. He could be the saviour of them all, instead they killed Namor. It's pathetic.