Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AntoninoC View Post
    Did I say they did the right thing? Did I say it wasn't a drastic action? I simply corrected people who were assuming genocide despite the fact that the article upon which they were supposedly commenting clearly indicated otherwise. Facts are important.
    Facts are important. Like the fact that genocide applies to the liberties and properties of a people, as well. This was genocide.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    "Killing Atlantis" would be a better title.

Killing Namor? I could buy comic book logic that he deserved it.

But Genocide? no thanks Jeff
    Agreed. The amount of sheer savagery in this book was very off putting.

Namor probably got what he deserved, though I thought the head punting was a bit much.

The annihilation of Atlantis was just heartbreaking and very tough to witness. Pretty much fuck Hyperion at this point.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

There is no way the Avengers can ignore this without looking like ineffectual losers. It would be the same as when they used to ignore all the major events that had to do with the Mutants like Genosha in the old days, and the way the Avengers are set up these days it just will not work. They should be after the Squadron in force after this.

Protect the weak. Darth Phoenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HeWhoSlapsAll View Post
    Exactly. This is exactly the direction I think/hope this book will go in.

It's also all the more reason why the SS should be at the forefront of the Civil War II event, rather than forcing Tony to have an issue with Sam, and vice versa.
    And then when everyone is registered under SHIELD they will put Osborne,Red Skull or such in charge again.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Phoenix View Post
    And then when everyone is registered under SHIELD they will put Osborne,Red Skull or such in charge again.
    Dark reign 2?
    What we used to call life has very little worth these days. Welcome to the very edge.
    --Prince Namor (Earth-616)

Mighty Member

After reading the comic it couldn't be more clear that the Squadron Supreme are villains that are convinced they are heroes and are fighting for a just cause period.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    There is no way the Avengers can ignore this without looking like ineffectual losers. It would be the same as when they used to ignore all the major events that had to do with the Mutants like Genosha in the old days, and the way the Avengers are set up these days it just will not work. They should be after the Squadron in force after this.
    I don't think they're ignoring it, since we saw them at the end of the issue.

Though in all likelihood they won't be able to sucessfully do anything about it at least at first, since this is an on-going title.

Avengers 0 clearly set up the idea that the Squadron fully expect to throw down with the Avengers. I assume that's end game.

Goodbye Namor. You will not be missed.
    Favorite Marvel Superheroes (in no particular order): Spider-Man (Peter Parker), Hawkeye (Clint Barton), Wolverine (Logan), Daredevil, Moon Knight, Ms. Marvel (Kamala Khan), Black Bolt, Deadpool, Spider-Woman (Jessica Drew), The Thing, Cyclops, Emma Frost.

Favorite DC Superheroes (in no particular order): Batman, Batgirl/Oracle (Barbara Gordon), Zatanna, The Flash (Barry Allen), Green Lantern (Hal Jordan), Black Canary, Nightwing, Wonder Woman, Green Arrow, Shazam.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by dzub View Post
    Dark reign 2?
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Phoenix View Post
    Any Dark Reign II will be headed by Marvel's Batman and Superman, not Osborne, or Red Skull.

Basically, an Injustice/Justice Lords scenario.

To all those complaining, if you actually read the book Robinson clearly posits out that the Squadron was in the wrong. Namor himself point out the flaw in their logic. They are extremists who are deluding themselves into believing they're are righteous.

Quote Originally Posted by HAWKEYE-321 View Post
    That's subjective. He was one of my favourite characters, especially so during Hickman's run. To see him so easily trounced and decapitated was awful.

Quote Originally Posted by MyriVerse View Post
    Facts are important. Like the fact that genocide applies to the liberties and properties of a people, as well. This was genocide.
    Before you respond, you should read what I was responding to in the first place. One of the comments I was responding to referenced Atlantis crashing with no survivors. You're also mistaken on what constitutes genocide.

According to the United Nations, "Genocide is defined in Article 2 of the Convention on the Prevention and Punishment of the Crime of Genocide (1948) as "any of the following acts committed with intent to destroy, in whole or in part, a national, ethnical, racial or religious group, as such: killing members of the group; causing serious bodily or mental harm to members of the group; deliberately inflicting on the group conditions of life calculated to bring about its physical destruction in whole or in part; imposing measures intended to prevent births within the group; [and] forcibly transferring children of the group to another group."

Part of the definition of the word includes the intent to cause their physical destruction. So it does not apply to simply destroying possessions. The destruction has to be motivated by a desire/plan to cause the physical destruction of that group. Now, I haven't read the issue yet so if that is their plan, I'll be happy to adjust my statements. Based on the evidence in the article, upon which my initial statement was based: no, the word genocide does not apply. Their motivation for destroying the city is unknown and the fact that they allowed the Atlanteans to evacuate prior to its destruction argues against them wanting to cause their physical destruction.
    Last edited by AntoninoC; 12-16-2015 at 01:53 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Fist of Khonshu View Post
    That's subjective. He was one of my favourite characters, especially so during Hickman's run. To see him so easily trounced and decapitated was awful.
    He did get beat by a guy who caught an Earth-sized planet moving at 500000mph...and the word "hype" is in his name...

Quote Originally Posted by HAWKEYE-321 View Post
    After reading the issue my theory of joining the team is out the window, but he is not permanently gone my tin foil hat remains lol.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by neohuey89 View Post
    After reading the issue my theory of joining the team is out the window, but he is not permanently gone my tin foil hat remains lol.
    I try to keep my hopes too, if at least they had shown the Atlanteans taking his remains perhaps there might be an ancient science under the sea that might be able to reattach his head and revive him. But the next issue has Hyperion holding onto his head. These Marvel deaths have become more gruesome with the times, what Red Skull did with Xavier was even more extreme. No respect for fallen heroes. These are certainly very different times to when the Comics Code Authority used to exist.

Scientist Claims Head Transplants Are Just Two Years Away: http://magazine.good.is/articles/can...splant-surgery
    Last edited by Thor-El; 12-16-2015 at 04:27 PM.