Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

I don't think they are particularly worried about direct succession. And besides the Queen of Cinders will take the throne and she will burn them all. Even that name is a nod to the Agent of Asgard text, she is right there ready to take the throne by force, she didn't look harmless when she transformed last time. Even if she was a baby, Laussa was a scary and highly articulate one.
    Last edited by JKtheMac; 12-18-2015 at 06:01 PM.

All-New Member

I quit reading this due to the way Marvel has pretty much shat all over the true Thor, but I have a few questions if someone might answer.

1. Has Aaron even attempted to go into why Thor was unworthy yet? And if so, why the hammer didn't just quit working immediately instead of waiting until he was whispered to.

2. Has Aaron explained why Odin has no control over his own hammer and enchantment?

Quote Originally Posted by Aenendar View Post
    I quit reading this due to the way Marvel has pretty much shat all over the true Thor, but I have a few questions if someone might answer.

1. Has Aaron even attempted to go into why Thor was unworthy yet? And if so, why the hammer didn't just quit working immediately instead of waiting until he was whispered to.

2. Has Aaron explained why Odin has no control over his own hammer and enchantment?
    1. No
    2. He can hardly gain control of he isn't even worthy enough to pick it up.

All-New Member

In the past, its always been Odin >> Enchantment >> Thor/Anyone else picking it up. I was hoping for some explanation as to why that was changed.

Quote Originally Posted by Aenendar View Post
    In the past, its always been Odin >> Enchantment >> Thor/Anyone else picking it up. I was hoping for some explanation as to why that was changed.
    I don't think anything is that simple to Aaron, and I think he is well aware of the entire continuity. As I have mentioned in other threads I wouldn't want to be on an opposing team to his in a Thor trivia contest.

In other words it's his book right now and he can change what he wants if he can justify it, and he has the knowledge and a backup team to help him. Continuity in Thor has been crazy for a very long time I think he was asked to sort it out. He is slowly redrawing the map and redefining the mythos, and IMO tidying things up and modernising. You might not like it right now but I think you may approve of where he leaves the pieces for whoever comes next.

Odin is perplexed about why he can not pick it up, so it's not being ignored that he normally should be able to pick it up. It's heavily implied that the enchantment has been altered/evolved, but no explanation beyond that so far.

Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    I don't think they are particularly worried about direct succession. And besides the Queen of Cinders will take the throne and she will burn them all. Even that name is a nod to the Agent of Asgard text, she is right there ready to take the throne by force, she didn't look harmless when she transformed last time. Even if she was a baby, Laussa was a scary and highly articulate one.
    Well, even if they are not, just the irony. Loki has to take the throne, and we're expected to hope he succeeds it this time.

also, i think people are kinda jumping to conclusions about the Queen's identity. She is a strong possibility due to the Surtur connection, but it's just guessing at this point.