Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Astonishing Member RobinFan4880's Avatar

Default All-New Inhumans #2 Review

PREVIEW: ALL-NEW INHUMANS #2

As the Terrigen Clouds move around the world they leave in their wake the wrecked lives of the Inhumanized. Crystal and her team are tasked to help as many of these NuHumans as possible, but it's not going to be easy. Not only are views of these new super-powered people varied (from fear to anger to amazement) but even those who get the powers aren't always glad to get them. Add to that the nineteen mysterious Skyspears that recently crashed into the Earth, and the Inhuman world just got a lot more complicated.

HERE

I really enjoyed this issue. Such a fun comic. I love the way the Dictator constantly devalued the Inhumans and the way Crystal did her best to maintain her composure and keep a bad situation from going south. I loved the way the team grappled with being good guy superheroes while also being ambassadors for both a new race and nation.

Crystal is the bomb in this comic.

Quote Originally Posted by RobinFan4880 View Post
    I really enjoyed this issue. Such a fun comic. I love the way the Dictator constantly devalued the Inhumans and the way Crystal did her best to maintain her composure and keep a bad situation from going south. I loved the way the team grappled with being good guy superheroes while also being ambassadors for both a new race and nation.

Crystal is the bomb in this comic.
    Yeh, Crystal is such a badass. I really thought she was gonna lose it there, but good on her for keeping her cool. Though, the last page probably means it's about to go down. I personally can't wait for it, I spent the whole issue just wanting to slap the hell out of the Commissar!

I'm glad Daisy is showing up. That's some welcome sinergy since the NuHumans are showing up on AOS.

Astonishing Member chamber-music's Avatar

I don't think Sin Cong has appeared in the comics since Avengers 18 back in 1965

BANNED

I thought it was new until the Commisar started talking about the old Avengers fighting his dad. It must have been a while.

This story is pretty interesting. And Crystal is great. Asmus has a good handle on her.

Quote Originally Posted by chamber-music View Post
    I don't think Sin Cong has appeared in the comics since Avengers 18 back in 1965
    Seriously, no one has seen Sin-Cong for decades and decades. It makes for a good North Korea stand in, which could be relevant for the MU and the MCU going forward.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    I'm glad Daisy is showing up. That's some welcome sinergy since the NuHumans are showing up on AOS.
    I totally forgot about Daisy! It was great seeing her in the comic. I love the balancing act she has to play between being an Inhuman and an Agent of SHIELD.
    Last edited by RobinFan4880; 12-16-2015 at 01:13 PM.

Shou-Lao The Bitch Dragon Iron Fist's Avatar

Is this the first time they've said comic Daisy was an Inhuman?

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Anyone see that Swain was wearing a
    spoilers:
    Captain Marvel themed dressing robe? Maybe she's a Carol fan like fellow Inhuman Kamala.
    end of spoilers
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Was that fat little dictator supposed to be a metaphor for Kim Jong-Un? LOL it was basically him with facial hair.

This issue, along with today's Uncanny, was pretty cool. Agreed with all here that Crystal is a great character in this book.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    spoilers:
    Captain Marvel themed dressing robe? Maybe she's a Carol fan like fellow Inhuman Kamala.
    end of spoilers
    I did see that!

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    I noticed this as well and I loved it. I also would like one of my own thanks XD!

LOVED how Soule and Asmus write Crystal. They have a really good handle on her. Just wanted to give Crys a hug by the end. All in all, great issue, can't wait for the next one! I think I am enjoying this better than Uncanny, but both are pretty awesome.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Fist View Post
    Is this the first time they've said comic Daisy was an Inhuman?
    No, that was revealed in SHIELD Vol 3 #7
    Last edited by Wiccan; 12-16-2015 at 06:10 PM.

So I've already read and re-read issues 1 and 2 like 50 million times and I already can't wait for issue 3.

Help me.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

BANNED

This was really good! Not quite as stellar as the first issue, IMO - in both the art & plot development dept.'s - but still a solid & entertaining read, nonetheless. Enough to where I subscribed, along with Ultimates, making them the only 2 from ANAD so far... to achieve THAT level of devotion from me. I thought Crystal was even better this time around, though, if that's possible. Also, Swain is REALLY growin' on me, and I'm becoming more intrigued by Ash/Panacea as well.