Quote Originally Posted by Will of the Geeks View Post
As someone who really likes Naja, piecing together her backstory it seems like she was a celebrity. Naja isn't her Inhuman name (SOMEHOW), as Dante's sister found her name familiar, and it's Sanskrit for 'snake'. And she seems to have an aversion to people staring at her, which she says is due to her life BEFORE beign an Inhuman. And I think there was something in the story that introduced Grid and Tree Guy which further supported the idea that she used to be famous. I'm, assumign we'll get a Sin-Cong refugee addition to the cast at the end of this arc, though.
I think it's a pretty common opinion (from what I've seen) that she was a model. so famous but not a household name for everyone (so why Gabby might think her name sounds familiar but wouldn't know why/why the others wouldn't pick up on it). also explains some of her comments in the previous series on being stared at before & weight being a big deal in her previous life.

also wanted to bring up that one line in silent war about how terrigenesis might give you what you always desired or conversely turn you into your greatest fear. doesn’t apply to everyone and take it with a grain of salt because the guy who said it was a human scientist but sometimes it fits a character really well and you could definitely slot Naja into the first category. (could explain the name too )