Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Johns continues to write Diana as he wants.
    She's no longer the "bloodthirsty warrior" of a few years ago because it has already served its purpose (Trinity War) but she's still the "confused girl" that doesn't know how relationships and feelings work because she doesn't have a life outside the JL (do you remember that?).
    It seems that now Johns is developing the next stage of the plot points introduced in the early years of the series. So expect that Diana's "complicated love life" and her behavior will lead to another event like Trinity War like the last time.

Argus and Trevor against a fractured JL and Superman. And all 'cause of her. Again.

Well, I havent been awfully thrilled at how the Clark-Diana relationship has been handled. The idea itself is interesting and Im glad DC finally decided to explore the concept in their main continuity. They toyed with it for decades in potential futures and Elseworlds, and with Clark single again now was as good a time as any to see where that path would lead. And its had its moments where its been real fun.

I think there was still some mileage in the concept worth digging into, but clearly DC got bored with the relationship. And at least this way, both Clark and Diana are equally at fault. Clark acted like a jackass when he pushed her away for stupid reasons. Diana's making goo-goo eyes at Steve and downplaying her relationship with Clark before its even completely dead (doesnt look like Diana's ready to give up on them in TRUTH just yet).

Johns isnt even trying to make it look like he' following continuity anymore. And that drives me nuts. But whatever, I'd rather have it go down like this than see either Clark or Diana made to look like the bad guy and the other look like a broken hearted victim.

Plus, Ive been waiting to see Diana and Steve explore a relationship since Steve showed up in JL #7. Dude's badass.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

The Diana/Steve moment came out of nowhere. I felt like I got whiplash. I just hope Peter Tomasi does something/anything to make the disparate depictions of the Diana/Kal relationship make sense in the SUPERMAN/WONDER WOMAN ANNUAL.

Hopefully this is the new status quo moving ahead. I agree this takes place after the break up of Superman Wonder Woman. I like the flexibility of the continuity for story sake. Now if Superman can just find his way back to Lois.

That would be terribly boring. At least with Diana and Steve one can genuinely say it hasn't been explored in a long time. Clark and Lois has been done to death. If Superman is going to be single because of this, then let him be single and let the writers have the freedom to toy with new ideas.

That's if its done. I'm not ruling out the idea that SM/WW will just continue with them working on their relationship on the merits of what's happened within their title, and just ignoring the events of Darkseid War. It would make sense in regards to the story over continuity direction they've stated (although in Johns case its more like story/no continuity as he doesn't even try in the latter's regard). Unless that freedom only applies to certain writers and certain projects. I don't like the "looser continuity" label being used as freely in this regard; I prefer the concept only used to benefit in sparing writers from wasting time with fine details, not sweeping changes to characterization or past/current events. But if DC disagrees with me on what looser continuity means fine, I would hope they're at least consistent with it though and everyone gets to play with the same rule set. I hope they don't play the game of Superstar Writers gets to do what they want, but Other Writers have to conform.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 12-20-2015 at 01:55 AM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Superman needs Lois like Batman needs Robin. I have enjoyed his flirtations over the years but it will always come down to that.

He definitely needs her. Just not necessarily as a constant monogamous girlfriend/wife. Plenty of ways to keep that dynamic going without them having to be joined at the hip constantly. For how long that was done before the reboot, its not even close to time yet to go back to that. That's doubly true now that the post-Crisis Lois and Clark are around.

But I digress.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Incredible Member

I read this as more of stumble in their relationship then an end. I remember people were fretting or jumping with joy that this ship was going to sink during Trinity War, but it didn't. I'd like them to do something with Lois but not by going back to the old status quo.

Mighty Member

Darkseid's daughter is a cool villain