Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default BOOYAKASHA: Nickelodeon's Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles is back

For the second half of season 2(last week)

Last week featured the Larping turtles from one of the future toy ways. The turtles go up against a geek who just wants some friends. The show used this as a neat way to bring back Leatherhead (briefly) as a fire breathing dragon holding April captive.

Up next we finally get Baxter Fly.

Quote Originally Posted by saul_on_the_road_to_damascus View Post
    For the second half of season 2(last week)

Last week featured the Larping turtles from one of the future toy ways. The turtles go up against a geek who just wants some friends. The show used this as a neat way to bring back Leatherhead (briefly) as a fire breathing dragon holding April captive.

Up next we finally get Baxter Fly.
    Stockman as a fly-man hybrid, not a quasi cyborg like in 2003 show?

Done like in 1987 Baxter, or differently?

More like the 80's show. I never watched the 03 show but if you google nick baxter fly you'll come up with the concept designs. Small body, bulbus head.

I am really loving this series. It's a really good mix of old and new. Mazes and Monsters was so much fun, and they didn't go for the obvious Sean Astin Lord of the Rings jokes, which was a surprise. (Although maybe one moment counts? It wasn't obvious though).

I actually kind of want some of the toys based on this episode, even though I'm pretty sick of all the "turtles in a new outfit" toys that they've been releasing recently.

Quote Originally Posted by Frog_Girl View Post
    I am really loving this series. It's a really good mix of old and new. Mazes and Monsters was so much fun, and they didn't go for the obvious Sean Astin Lord of the Rings jokes, which was a surprise. (Although maybe one moment counts? It wasn't obvious though).

I actually kind of want some of the toys based on this episode, even though I'm pretty sick of all the "turtles in a new outfit" toys that they've been releasing recently.
    These are the first ones who have actually been seen in the show so I am okay with them. The idea of ninja's needing stealth outfits is kinda rediculous though. The ooze chuckers would make good custom fodder.

So Baxter's plans for Shredder's muntant army include a muntant pig, a muntant rhino and project Ace Duck.

Great episode today. Besides Baxters plans we got the return of Turflytle (Buzz Buzz) when Mikey speaks he reminds me of the song from Kill Bill. I loved wondering wether anyone would actually get retro mutated or not. When Donny first said he had two vials I thought maybe Kirby would get one and the other would go to Baxter. (I assumed Baxter would get the first one and Donny would sorta be forced to give the second one to Kirby.

My one issue was Donny was adamant that he only had enough for two mutants yet one drop reversed Kirby.

Any guesses on who Shredder's final mutant will be. What if he is planning on turning Karai into Venus De Milo?

Great episode today. Besides Baxters plans we got the return of Turflytle (Buzz Buzz) when Mikey speaks he reminds me of the song from Kill Bill. I loved wondering wether anyone would actually get retro mutated or not. When Donny first said he had two vials I thought maybe Kirby would get one and the other would go to Baxter. (I assumed Baxter would get the first one and Donny would sorta be forced to give the second one to Kirby.

My one issue was Donny was adamant that he only had enough for two mutants yet one drop reversed Kirby.

Any guesses on who Shredder's final mutant will be. What if he is planning on turning Karai into Venus De Milo?
    Raph almost calling Mikey "Turtlefly" was my favorite moment I did notice the thing about only needing a drop, but I assume that's just Donnie not being certain about how it worked yet.

I loved the references to Rocksteady and Bebop. I'm also trying to decide how many things are references to The Fly and how many are just coincidences. The "this is how a Brendel-fly eats" scene kept playing in my head. Ciro Neil is a huge horror movie fan, so it's possible.

Yeah you could probably just chalk it up to Donny not knowing how much was needed.

Today it's Michaelangelo's worst nightmare. The food he loves the most threatens the turtles he loves the most. DUH DUH DUH. Pizzaface debutes.

I really loved pizza face but alot of people didn't care for it. Today's all new episode features the return of Tiger Claw.

Amazing Member

One of my favs in the series. Christopher Yost did a good job writing it!

Astonishing Member

Wrath of Tiger Claw was a pretty awesome episode.

I think everyone came out looking good in the fights, which were all great. One thing I love about this current series is that generally speaking all of the enemies have been credible threats for the turtles, showing that they still have a lot of room to grow. I also like Michelangelo's moments of clarity.

Ultimate Member

And Karai continues to be both awesome and interesting.

I really loved pizza face but alot of people didn't care for it. Today's all new episode features the return of Tiger Claw.
    I thought Pizza Face was the funniest episode of the entire series.

Quote Originally Posted by Zuriyel View Post
    One of my favs in the series. Christopher Yost did a good job writing it!
    Same here. Excellent episode! Michelangelo was on point again.