View Poll Results: Are Magma and Sunspot a couple?

Voters
62. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

17 27.42%
  • No

16 25.81%
  • They just kissed and danced that issue. Nothing more.

20 32.26%
  • Who Cares! They are New Mutants.

9 14.52%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Are Magma and Sunspot a couple?

Since the last issue of New Mutants Vol 3..Magma has only appeared in 1 issue of a comic and Sunspot has been in the Avengers series. I have not read the Magma issue or any of the Sunspot Avengers issues. I'm curious if theirs any discussion if they are seeing anybody or what not. My guess is nothing on either side. Imo, it was implied in New Mutants #50 that they became a thing. But the thing with something being implied is there is really no concrete evidence for it. So i'm just curious if based on what we know are they together. Dani Moonstar thinks they love each other. That happened many issues prior tho.

Poll Coming.

Lick on, sweet prince. Sea Hound's Avatar

I don't know. They certainly like one another. I'm not aware of any confirmation that they are a couple.
    image.jpg

I love how they look together powers on. His black spots against her molten gold is really striking visually. (This image isn't quite right, but it's the closest I can find.)
    "Self has no time for this."

I hope they don't automatically become a couple. I liked the whole smugness they presented when it came to the opposite sex. As much as it pains me to say but Barney and Robin from HIMYM is a good example of what I mean

Magma has only been seen once since and Sunspot is nothing more than wallpaper in Avengers really. So I doubt anything has been said about relationships or anything. Who knows. Sam and Bobby could talk about the opposite sex in Avengers but i doubt it.

The Art Work in New Mutants Vol 3 was so hit and miss tho. Some issues were gorgeous, Some like Issue 50 were horrendous. They made Magma look like Magik in Issue 50. lol. Like the artist got there blonds confused.

Bobby looked downright horrendous in a few other issues.

If not yet, then they are working towards becoming a couple.

mm I thought Amara and Manuel were more a couple.. and that she was happy poor Empath remained blind so he was more dependant on her...
    Primum vivere deindre philosophare

Teenage Exorcist just another user's Avatar

I thought she was dating Mephisto?

Bobby has more chemistry with Sam than Amara IMO

BANNED

I can't believe Sunspot is cheating on Cannonball like that.

Rachel turned into Ahab's baby momma by Marvel. Disgusting.

Who cares? It's all about the All-New!

I kid.

I don't think they're a couple.

How can that be possible when Sam and Roberto are a happy couple on Avengers, and Magma is in limbo? (WTF Marvel, how is someone like her forgotten about? Get your **** together please)

I would say a couple.

Then again who knows. Starfire and Nightwing were a couple for 25 years of real time. On and off. Yes and no. Seeing someone else and not.
    Jean loves me this I know because the church says it so.

Havok and Emma were right.

Quote Originally Posted by Project Initiative Cascada View Post
    How can that be possible when Sam and Roberto are a happy couple on Avengers, and Magma is in limbo? (WTF Marvel, how is someone like her forgotten about? Get your **** together please)
    I miss Magma.

I'm glad i don't ship many comic couples.

Kurtty obviously...(they are not and never will be a couple). So the only possibility i have of one is Magma/Sunspot.

Praiseworthy Analyst Emerald_616's Avatar

Goddess, no! My wonderful Amara can do SOOOOOOOOOOOO much better than that rich man-child. And he's only drawn to her b/c she looks like his puppy teenage love ex that got shot when his powers first activated.

Quote Originally Posted by Project Initiative Cascada View Post
    <3 U

Twitter: @theprattlp donpricetag's Avatar

I don't know about the couple thing... I'd say no. But the reason you haven't seen her in any books is the same reason you didn't see Legion too much before his solo and why he's not around anymore. She's too powerful to logically function inside of a team. Its also why she's been relegated to mental instability. Same with Scarlet Witch and why Nate Grey got depowered. Their powers make most combat issues nonsensical.

Its the solution to most characters that are too strong. Make them mental unstable, or plain bad aka plot device.
    Guild Member
    Realistically speaking about fictional matters. | Nutcases need not respond. | Stay outta my DMs. | Why does the "House of Ideas" keep duplicating characters?! | If an idea or belief cannot stand up to criticism it's probably... bad.

I'd say they probably dated for a while off-screen post NM v3 50 . Perhaps Bobby used the Avengers Membership offer as a method of keeping his mind off of her post break-up?