forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

Default Hitman: appearances outside of the main title and related titles

Hey guys,
    I'm considering binding my Hitman trades but wanted to add all the issues featuring Tommy and related characters while I'm at it. It has to prominently feature Tommy or members of his supporting cast (so not including cameo's like JLA #5). So far I got: the Demon issues by Ennis, All-star Section Eight and I'm eyeing Resurrection Man and Azrael but I haven't them so I don't know how much Tommy is featured. Any issues I should include/exclude?
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

Quote Originally Posted by victorxd1999 View Post
    Hey guys,
    I'm considering binding my Hitman trades but wanted to add all the issues featuring Tommy and related characters while I'm at it. It has to prominently feature Tommy or members of his supporting cast (so not including cameo's like JLA #5). So far I got: the Demon issues by Ennis, All-star Section Eight and I'm eyeing Resurrection Man and Azrael but I haven't them so I don't know how much Tommy is featured. Any issues I should include/exclude?
    Resurrection Man tie-in is very, very good. Must admit I didn't know he'd appeared in any Azrael comic...so will be interested on views on that.

I don't know exactly what appeared in the trades but guess the two Hitman/ JLA issues and Hitman/ Lobo didn't?? Anyway Hitman/ JLA was very good (my only slight disappointment was that Tommy's supporting cast didn't really feature at all). Hitman/ Lobo was excellent....as long as you're not a Lobo fan...Tommy and his mates done him up like a kipper.

I'd guess Hitman 1 million featured in trades?? If not...almost a mandatory buy...up there with the Aquarium episodes for laugh out loud funny.
    Last edited by JackDaw; 12-17-2015 at 09:07 AM.

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

Good to know Resurrection Man is good, as it's not by Ennis. JLA/Hitman, Lobo, Batman Chronicles #4, Demon Annual #2 and #1.000.000 are all collected in the trades fortunately. The trades are actually very thorough, collecting everything by Ennis that was released at the time. Btw, LOVED Hitman/Lobo
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

Glad to hear the trades were so well done, after all it's a wonderful series.

I'm be interested in what you make of the Demon issues...I found them okay, but it's the Hitman material I enjoyed least. But I'm very biased against the Demon...the rhyming couplets just do my nut in. So it may well be that my evaluation of their entertainment value is well off beam.