Writing on the wall The Celtic Batman's Avatar

Micronauts #1: 4/5
    Rom #1 (FCBD): 3.5/5
    DC Superhero Girls #1 (FCBD): 4/5
    We're all the Doom Patrol!!!
    Opinions come in all shapes and sizes.
    But they're still just opinions yo

Aspiring Comic Creator theBellrhino's Avatar

The Saga of the Swamp Thing Book One by Alan Moore - 10 / 10.

I'm actually kicking myself for not reading this series sooner.
    "Just because there's a crack in something doesn't mean you throw it away."

Collected Edition and Graphic Novel Collection Current Standing:
    452 Books
    Single Issue Collection Current Standing:
    903 Issues

The Walking Dead v22: A New Beginning - 4/5. A nice change of pace - but the ending leaves me wanting the next volume. Part of me wishes I'd stopped at the end of the previous volume till I'd built up a few more trades.

Astonishing Member WillieMorgan's Avatar

Earth 2 Worlds End - Volume 1 - 1.5/5

I picked this up quite cheap months ago and have only just gotten round to it. Not impressed. In the future, when I mull over some of the poorer written examples of comic-books that I've come across over the years, I think that this will be one of the first to spring to mind. Still, I wasn't expecting greatness and the book didn't cost too much.
    Last edited by WillieMorgan; 05-13-2016 at 07:04 AM.

Default FCBD: The March

FCBD: The March
    Took some FCBD comics home with me. The only one that really got me interested was The March by Nate Powell. I've been eyeballing this series for some time now and always hesitated to buy it. After reading this sampler I think it might actually be something to my taste.
    A REVIEW A DAY : siggestript.tumblr.com | | AN OVERVIEW OF ALL TITLES : siggestript.tumblr.com/archive

Default The Beauty 1

The Beauty 1
    The Beauty is the name of an STD that actually makes people beautiful. No wonder it spreads like wildfire. Two years later however, it turns out the final stage is deadly. Two detectives are eager to take on the case, but are stopped in their tracks by some Department of Chemical and Biological threats that seems to have no hurry stopping any further spread, or finding a cure. The premise of The Beauty is great, but the execution is rather lackluster. The plot revolves around a presumed conspiracy and forgets to do anything interesting with the dissease itself. The art looks good enough, but upon reading you notice that it's too wooden and never manages to pull you into the story.
    A REVIEW A DAY : siggestript.tumblr.com | | AN OVERVIEW OF ALL TITLES : siggestript.tumblr.com/archive

Default Space Mullet 1: One Gamble at a Time

Space Mullet 1: One Gamble at a Time
    A deserted marine and a Zozorbian who's not very popular either have turned to space trucking to stay under the radar. When they're offered a mission that may allow the marine to make ammends for the warcrimes he unvoluntarily committed, they take it. But it all goes awry and they soon find themselves stranded in a total dump of a planet, trying to find medical aid. Space adventures with a definite indie edge to it. Loved the art, loved the writing.

The Autumnlands v1: Tooth and Claw 4/5 - I run hot and cold with Busiek. This is definitely him on a good day. I'll be back for more.

FBP - Federal Bureau of Physics v1 3/5 - Not bad, but it lacks that humorous spark that made me like The Exterminators. Nice vibrant art though.

Ultimate Member

Wet Moon by Sophie Campbell. 3/5 stars

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    Wet Moon by Sophie Campbell. 3/5 stars
    I liked that book quite a lot. The art was incredible and the story was good too. It did feel like one I wanted to build up a big collection of before reading though, so I haven't gone past volume 1 yet.

Revival: Deluxe Collection Vol. 1 4/5

Batgirl Vol. 1: The Darkest Reflection 4/5

Pretty Deadly v1 - 3/5 - It clearly wants to be Sandman, and has the occasional moments, but not enough.

Newuniversal 2.5/5 - This would be a solid 4/5 for me, but then the story just stops without any kind of resolution - and I gather there never will be. Shame.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Winter_fury View Post
    Revival: Deluxe Collection Vol. 1 4/5
    I love Revival. It should be mentioned more often. It has my favourite artist right now and Tim Seeley currently does a great job with NEW SUICIDE SQUAD. Hopefully Squad makes more people pick up his Revival.

Incredible Member steeplejack2112's Avatar

The last comic I read was Deadpool/Cable: Split Second #2. 2/5-Very disappointed.

I also was really disappointed in Silver Surfer #3. The cover made this big hype about the issue being the 50th anniversary of the character, and the issue wasn't really a bad issue, but wow....everyone else hits a milestone and gets a double size issue or this or that. The Surfer got a regular size issue and nothing truly significant happened. There wasn't even a pin-up gallery. Again....2/5.