Page 18 of 49 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920212228 ... LastLast
    Amazing Member

Velvet 6 to 15. Finally got around to finishing this series. It's all a bit silly. How many times does a character have to light a cigarette? Does Brubaker get money from Big Tobacco to promote smoking? 5/10

Extraordinary Member

Blue Beetle #2 - 2/10.

Awful.

C.O.W.L. Volume 1 - 5/5 - Really enjoyed this. I loved the style of art but it was a bit difficult to work out what was actually happening on a few panels. Plot wise, loved it. Onto Volume 2 next!
    Pull List: Daredevil, Radiant Black, Rogue Sun, No One, Time Before Time

“We never lose our demons. We only learn to live above them"

Oink: Heaven's Butcher. I liked it a lot, got me thinking about the issues it raised. Also, I loved the art! I'm not sure that it is a comic book that I would recommend to everybody, only people that can cope with the fact that it isn't bunnies and skittle flavoured rainbows. 7/10.

the ones I downloaded yesterday, nov. 9, 16
    Wonder Woman #10 - great action scenes, good plot advancement - 4,5 out of 5
    My Little Pony FiM #48 - fantastic pace, and very scary villain - 4,0 out of 5
    IDW TMNT Batman Adventures #1 - decent begining of series, with fautless introduction of characters and elements. But nothing to write home about 3,0 of 5
    All-Star Batman #4 - Batman can fly a plane while practically blind. Really? Really? 2,0 out of 5
    Favorite books right now: Wonder Woman, Groo, Usagi Yojimbo, Super Sons

The Trial of Jean Grey - The art was amazing from both Stuart Immonen & Sara Pichelli and I liked the writing by Brian Michael Bendis. It was a fun read but the whole reasoning behind "The Trail" was bogus. Overall I liked it, though. 4 out of 5.

BANNED

Finished Planetary again last night.
    Amazing art from Cassaday, and inventive story from Ellis, weaving pulps, comics and movies within the narrative. A statement on the American comic industry reliance on super-heroes, and an exploration of the genres that spawned the industry. Wonderful book, and ends with a scene of hope for the future.

The Liberty Project 3.5/5 - I run hot and cold on Kurt Buseik, not generally liking his more traditional superhero stuff, so I didn't expect to like this. Surprisingly though, it's a lot of fun. Very traditional, but lively characters and a good sense of humour kept it interesting.

Southern Bastards #15
    A shame there as such long breaks in this series but it's always worth waiting for. 5/5

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Daredevil: Born Again

Solid. I think its a bit "old" for me though comic wise. Felt really rushed. But solid.

Batman: The Dark Knight Returns

Really liked it.

The Watchman

It was ALL BOUT IT... until hte last chapter or whatever when it went off the rails IMO. Felt really, really ridiculously rushed to me. I was 10/10, all the way in... and then it kinda BS ended.

Batman: Year One

Thought it was boring. Really didn't like it honestly. Maybe I went in with too high of expectations or something
    Lolwut? You're high.

Amazing Member

Master Keaton Vol 1 with art by the incomparable Naoki Urasawa - well the first three stories anyway - 8/10.

Invincible Member

Bitch Planet 3/5.

I've got more comics to read this weekend

C.O.W.L. Volume 2 - 5/5 - I loved this just as much as volume 1. I'm gutted that it ended where it did and I really hope Higgins/Siegel/Reis revisit it.
    Pull List: Daredevil, Radiant Black, Rogue Sun, No One, Time Before Time

“We never lose our demons. We only learn to live above them"

The Monarchy v1: Bullets over Babylon 1.5/5 - Really nothing to enjoy story-wise. John McCrea's art was decent - though possibly ill-suited to the comic.

Astonishing Member WillieMorgan's Avatar

Justice League United Vol. 2 - The Infinitus Saga (3/5)

This was reasonably entertaining but weighed down in a couple of ways. On top of the JLU it also guest stars over 30 Legionnaires across it's pages. Sounds awesome but, obviously, most of them only appear as one-line cameos. Too many characters jammed in. It's bigger on spectacle than on plot overall.
    Last edited by WillieMorgan; 11-26-2016 at 11:22 AM. Reason: Get the title right dumbass!