Page 19 of 49 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021222329 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Books of Doom, Brubaker - 9.5/10.

Amazing Member

Darth Vader 1 to 5. Fantastic art. Really enjoyed the story. 8/10.

Extraordinary Member

Batman Beyond #2 (Rebirth) - 5/10

Superman: Kryptonite 3.5/5 - Okay story. Fantastic art.

Batman: Death Mask 2/5
    - Child of Dreams was better

Flinch v1 4/5 - I find anthologies a bit too uneven, but this was a good one. Most stories were decent. Some were very good.

Fraction 2/5 - Unlikable characters (who the writer described as good guys in the introduction, but are anything but) and a complete lack of an ending. Clearly this was meant to be an ongoing.

Dark Satanic Mills 2.5/5 - Unsubtle, but it passed the time.

Wonder Woman: Odyssey v1 2.5/5 - Not bad, but never quite goes anywhere.

Amazing Member

Annihilation Conquest 2. Lovely art and a decent enough story. 6/10.

Incredible Member hedgehogvampire's Avatar

DC Universe Rebirth #1, 7/10: I thought this issue was pretty good. I will admit I don't really know that much about the DC comic universes but I wanted to start reading more DC comics and I thought this was a good spot to start. I have no idea who Wally West is but good for him he's not dead. I don't know much about the New 52 or the older DC stories but I was still able to understand what was going on in the comic so thats a plus. The art was good too.

Inhumans VS X-men #0, 8/10: Ok maybe I should wait till the whole event is done before I rate it, but what ever I just read it so why not talk about it? I thought this was a very strong issue and a good start to the event. I still think that this whole T-mist storyline is a mess and has too much plot holes in it and makes a lot of people look stupid but hey it looks like its going to have an entertaining end at least. But as the issue it self its still very good. I love seeing Emma again and its great to see what she has been up too for the last 8 months. Its also nice seeing her and the other X-men making a back up plan just incase Beast can't fine away to deal with the T-mist/M-pox. The only off thing about this issue was Beast being weirdly happy and giddy, like dude your species is endangered again now is not the time for selfies. :/ Also Kenneth Rocafort's art is beautiful.

Inhumans VS X-men #1, 9/10: This was also a very strong issue, man for such a poor storyline it seems like its going to have a strong ending at least. XD I loved pretty much everything about this issue. It was awesome to see pretty much all of the X-men work together as a team again. Seeing Emma and Dazzler take down Black Bolt was great. Jean's scene with Karnak was cool, sure I have no idea who Karnak is but it still looked cool. Also Magneto destroying that ship was awesome too. A lot of cool moments and awesome art too, Leinil Francis Yu is great in this. As awesome as #0 and #1 are this event could go south very quickly and so far both issues have mostly focused on the mutants I would like to see more of the Inhumans half of the story too because even in Death of X that was mostly focused on the mutants too. Even though I'm totally on the X-men half I would like to at least understand a little on whats going on with the inhumans. But overall this is a very strong start for IvX and I hope it continues to be good.

DC Versus Marvel #1-4, 6/10: This was a pretty nice little crossover. Nothing special, but still a fun read. There wasn't much of a storyline and it was mostly just fights but it was cool to see the Marvel and DC characters interact with each other.

PS, whats Amalgam? I know its the DC and Marvel characters merged together but were they made into real comics? Like could I actually buy those comics?
    Last edited by hedgehogvampire; 12-21-2016 at 08:33 PM.
    My pull list: Sonic the Hedgehog, TMNT, Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers, Marauders, X-men, Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by hedgehogvampire View Post
    PS, whats Amalgam? I know its the DC and Marvel characters merged together but were they made into real comics? Like could I actually buy those comics?
    Exactly what you said. They did a few one-shots which were collected into TPBs.

The ones I read were pretty paint-by-numbers uninspired stories, with the exception of Doctor Strangefate - which is in the DC vs Marvel tpb because it actually contributes to the story. It's probably the best part of the TPB.

For me:
    Emily Edison v1 3/5 - Fun silly story.

Spider-Man: Family Ties 2.5/5 - Mish-mash of assorted Spider-Man related stories. Most of it is pretty weak - "isn't it funny if Spider-Man is a monkey?" - apparently not. Decent Man-Thing story at the end with lovely art though.

Terminator: Rewired 2.5/5 - Poor quality reprint of Matt Wagner's One-Shot, Hunters and Killers and an unnamed Alan Grant/Guy Davis story. One-Shot is good. The Alan Grant one reads fine, but feels like half a story. Hunters and Killers isn't too great. Most of the points I gave are for One-Shot.

BANNED

Last recent comic book I read was NOW Comics' s Ghostbusters issue 2 that I still have. It's worn out from over the years but still in decent shape.

I give it a 9/10

Astonishing Member

Hawkeye #1- A. Most enjoyable comic in Awhile. Reminded me a little of Hellcat in Tone. Very fun book So Far.

Marvel Star Wars Annual #2.

4/5. Art was a little cartoony for a Star Wars book.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Incredible Member

Grayson # 20, while the overall direction of the end of the series felt in line with what came before, the handling of Tiger's morality felt like a regression, how little was really made of the Maxwell Lord plot twist was underwhelming and Dick and Helena's deep love felt rather out of the blue considering what their relationship had been prior. But the mind battle was great and redefined Dick Grayson as a man of unshakeable will, at this point I'd be shocked if he were incapable of wielding a power ring.
    Finale: 7:5 out of 10
    Series overall was frequently a 10 out of 10 for me.

Incredible Member hedgehogvampire's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dancj View Post
    Exactly what you said. They did a few one-shots which were collected into TPBs.

The ones I read were pretty paint-by-numbers uninspired stories, with the exception of Doctor Strangefate - which is in the DC vs Marvel tpb because it actually contributes to the story. It's probably the best part of the TPB.
    Cool, thats good to know. I'll look out for them.

Mighty Morphin Power Rangers vol. 1 (9/10) The art was great in this, the action and the zords looks great. The comic feels very in much in spirit with the original show. I thought the writers got the characters down good too. It is a little odd how the comic takes place in the present day but yet takes place during season one at the same time, not sure how that works out but it doesn't take me out of the story its just a little odd an unnecessary. I did think the first ark focused a little to much on the Green Ranger hopefully in future issues the other rangers get a little more love. But overall this was a very strong start to the series.

Amazing Spider-man: Renew Your Vows #1 (8/10) I thought the comic was great. It was a very cute and fun comic I can't wait to read more.

Robin: Son of Batman Year of Blood vol.1 (7/10) I think this is the first comic that I read that had Damian in it and it was cool. It was a great read and I liked the art. There was a lot of great moments but at times the pacing felt really off. I would have to reread some parts because I thought that I missed something but it was just weirdly paced. I was a little loss on what was going on but that is somewhat expected since I don't have that much knowledge on DC comics. But I did enjoy it greatly. Goliath was adorable, he reminds me of Appa I hope he's in more comics. I also like how Maya started out the series wanting to kill Damian then to helping him and then becomes friends with him, their friendship was cute.
    My pull list: Sonic the Hedgehog, TMNT, Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers, Marauders, X-men, Excalibur

Amazing Member

Default Clone Saga

The Mark of Kaine arc in the Clone Saga. This is bonkers insane but in a good way. It's as if when they were plotting it they thought they'd just keep chucking more and more stuff and see what happens. How many Peter Parkers are there, let's put another one in for luck. 8/10

Detective Comics #583-584

Starting off 2017 by re-reading my favorite run, the Wagner/Grant/Breyfogle 'Tec run from the late 80s and early 90s. Great introduction to Arnold Wesker, The Ventriloquist. Very underutalized character. Plus, check out that great classic Mignola cover! 5/5
    Batgirl - ...BOP - Batman - 'Tec - Nightwing - Supergirl - Titans - Wonder Woman