Page 32 of 49 FirstFirst ... 2228293031323334353642 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Marvels Annotated#4.I am very glad that i added this limited series to my pull list.I did not had this Limited series anymore,so this limited series with all those extras is way interesting.I read it years ago and is still one of my favorite Limited series.5/5.

Wolverine:Exit Wounds.A Wolverine comic book from the Marvel 80th aniversary editions.Quite good actually.New stories by Chris Clameront,Larry Hama and Sam Kieth,Comic book creators with aclaimed runs of stories in Wolverine comics.4/5.

Immortal Hulk#17.Basically a run of the Hulk but with more of a tone from the Horror comic books.Both the story and art have been consistently quite good.It´s curently my favorite ongoing comic book.4/5.
    Last edited by comicscollector; 07-07-2019 at 05:32 AM.

Aspiring Comic Creator theBellrhino's Avatar

Fantastic Four: Prodigal Sun #1: This was okay; The artwork was pretty enjoyable and it's nice to see the FF traveling to the Marvel Universe's stranger locations, but Prodigal just didn't grab me as a compelling character (which is bad considering he's supposed to be the focal point of this 3-issue mini). Maybe the other two issues will be better, but I likely won't be checking them out. 5.5 / 10

The Green Lantern #9: Honestly, this feels like the first real dud of Morrison's and Sharpe's run on GL, mostly because it doesn't feel like its own story and feels more like set up for the next one. The artwork by Sharpe is great as always, and I did enjoy the medieval theme of the issue, but there just wasn't any meat on its bones. Granted, it's hard to live up to the quality of the one shot story from issue #7. 6.5 / 10

Justice League #27: Well, this was certainly better than the previous two comics I read this week, but it was still a little underwhelming. This was mostly due to the artwork in this issue by Fernandez; It's fine, don't get me wrong, I'm just not the biggest fan of it compared to the other issues' artwork. I'm interested in where this Apex Predator story goes (even though I'm pretty sure I know), and recruiting the Monitor and Anti-Monitor to the League is an inspired touch. 7 / 10
    "Just because there's a crack in something doesn't mean you throw it away."

Collected Edition and Graphic Novel Collection Current Standing:
    452 Books
    Single Issue Collection Current Standing:
    903 Issues

Superman #44 (1990), the first part of the Dark Knight over Metroplid story, man how I miss this era in comics. Great writing, great art. Comics were exciting. There was stI'll the threat of death, the writers still cared about the duality of a super heroes life. Wasn't just flash and bang, sulerman/batman were not all powerful or all knowing.

Incredible Member

Just finished Saga Deluxe Editions 1-3 in short succession and that was really great. I was worried at first that it was just popular because of the sex and violence but if you took all that away, it would still be a great book about love against all odds and family.

It ended with a real gut punch / cliffhanger but sadly, we will have to wait a long time until this story gets completed.

Now continuing the story from the Iron Fist Omnibus in the Iron Fist Complete Collection 2.

Not sure what to read after that. With my normal switching around pattern, it would be time to go back to some old material. I just got the two Captain Britain OHCs that pair with my omnibus. Maybe I'll do a read-through of that next. Or some even older stuff.

The Wild Storm #24.

Eleven out of a possible ten. It has been a while since I was that far off about what was going to happen in an issue.

Incredible Member

Finished the Iron Fist Complete Collection 2. Took me forever due to work and family obligations but also because it didn't grab me as much as I expected. Not sure why, should be right up my alley. Maybe my expectations were too high because of all the hype.

Currently reading Blacksad Integraal, which is a Dutch complete oversized hardcover edition collecting all the stories. This is really great, read already about 75% during yesterday afternoon. Great art too.

Incredible Member

So, Blacksad stayed strong throughout all 5 stories. It's a really great series, if you have the opportunity to read it, please do.

Continuing the colour theme, now reading Black Hammer Library Edition 1. Not sure whether it lives up to the enormous hype, but I am thoroughly entertained and intrigued and the homage to all the classic comic book characters is great.

Quote Originally Posted by Foxy View Post
    So, Blacksad stayed strong throughout all 5 stories. It's a really great series, if you have the opportunity to read it, please do.

Continuing the colour theme, now reading Black Hammer Library Edition 1. Not sure whether it lives up to the enormous hype, but I am thoroughly entertained and intrigued and the homage to all the classic comic book characters is great.
    These are both great comic books!

I just read Amazing Spider-Man #105, by Stan Lee and Gil Kane. It was okay. The art seemed a bit rushed; definitely not up with Kane's best work at the time. It wasn't bad, just not great. Marvel Comics in general seemed to be in a real slump at this time, quality-wise. Apart from Avengers (Kree-Skrull War, baybee!), I'm having trouble finding any real enthusiasm for any of the books right now as I slowly make my way through Every Marvel Comic Ever Except The Crap Ones And Boy Are There A Lot Of Them In The Early Seventies.

Ratings (ratings!): 3.25 new, improved Spider-Slayers out of 5.

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Ultimate Collection Vol. 1 absolutely fantastic! Loved the stories, the art, etc. Can't wait to start Vol. 2!

10/10
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Amazing Adventures 11 featuring The Beast

This is the first appearance of fuzzy Hank. Written by Gerry Conway, art by Tom Sutton and Syd Shores.

I never knew the actual story behind the Beast turning blue (or grey, in this story) and furry. And now I know.

Ratings (ratings!): 2.5 secondary mutations out of 5.

Astonishing Member

Power of X 1

While House of X was the best X-book I read for a very long time, this one wasn't for me. I dislike story like these. 1/5

Infinite Dark from Image

Good Sci-Fi thriller 3,5/5

"Uncle Sam" by Steve Darnall & Alex Ross. Ideals clash with reality. Very gripping and, though 20 years old, still very relevant, maybe even now more than ever. 4/5

Aspiring Comic Creator theBellrhino's Avatar

Sea of Stars #2:
    This was a pretty good issue, about the same in quality as the first issue but with a lot more imaginative creature designs this time.
    4 / 5

The Green Lantern #10:
    While better than the last issue, this issue still felt very "meh" to me; still feels like a whole lot of set up for the next issue.
    3 / 5

Justice League #29:
    HOLY HELL JARRO IS THE BEST NEW ADDITION TO THE DCU IN RECENT YEARS!!! This was SUCH a fun standalone issue that also sets up the next big story arc! It's got humor out the wazoo, heart, fun action, it's a complete package! (Also, am I the only one that finds it weird that Batman treats Jarro like more of a son than Damien, his own child?)
    5 / 5

Absolute Carnage #1:
    As a first issue to an event series, this wasn't bad. The price point is higher than usual (by a lot!), but you actually get your money's worth so that's not that bad; but the real kicker is that if you haven't been following Donny Cates' Venom run, you'll feel a bit lost; even factoring in the recap splash pages right at the front. Still, a cool start to an event I'm looking forward to.
    4 / 5
    "Just because there's a crack in something doesn't mean you throw it away."

Collected Edition and Graphic Novel Collection Current Standing:
    452 Books
    Single Issue Collection Current Standing:
    903 Issues

Walking Dead #193

When the issue originally came out, word got out and it was snatched up by collectors before I could even get to my LCS. This was a second printing, so just got my hands on it yesterday. The issue was a nice sendoff for the world that Kirkman created and had at least an homage to all living characters. The central conflict turned the original concept of the book on its head, though, which maybe wasn't the best choice? Also I would have liked more of a retrospective in some ways, on characters lost along the way and trials faced. But the ending seemed a little too happy coming from a book whose title at one point was 'This Sorrowful Life." There was a huge essay by Kirkman at the end, talking about his alternative ending among other things. His alternative? Everyone dies and the zombies take over. In some ways I would have preferred that, as a bookend to how this all started. Throughout the entire series, walking death has been inevitable for everyone. They all turn into walkers when they die, bitten or not. Honestly glad this is done now.
    3/5
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Farmhand #5

Written and drawn by Rob Guillory

The first two or three issues were a bit shaky in the writing department (as you'd expect from a first-time writer), but by #5 it really picks up, leaving the reader wanting to know the truth about what's really going on with those plants that grow body parts.

Ratings (ratings!): 4 transplanted limbs out of 5