Page 46 of 49 FirstFirst ... 364243444546474849 LastLast
    Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Batman/Catwoman #4 - 5/10.

Clay Mann's art remains the best part of this series; I'm just ready for it to be over already. And yes I know, no one is holding a gun to my head, but I *have* to finish something once I start it. Sorry
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Future State Swamp Thing #1 - 5/10. First ST I ever bought / read.

Amazing Member

My First Post(after the usual introduction one)...so it beings. XD

Detective Comics #1035 8/10

Neat start for an Arc, should be interesting.
    Liking the Design and character of Mr. Worth so far.

Legion of Superheroes #282 - 6/10

Back to where it all began for me, the first issue of LSH I bought, way back when. I can still remember seeing it on the rack in the shop. An odd jumping-on point, the resolution of the 'Reflecto' storyline. Not sure what it was that got me hooked, as the only character I knew at the time was Superboy.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Nightwing #79 - 8/10

Tom Taylor's run is off to a very good start, and I'm loving it so far. The previous run dropped the bar almost to the ground, so we will see how Taylor's holds up once there has been some significant distance between it and the "Ric" Grayson era. Bruno Redondo's art is gorgeous; his cityscapes are detailed and impressive, his action scenes fluid and graceful.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Incredible Member

X-Men: The Trial of Gambit Custom Omnibus - this is an oversized custom omnibus I found on ebay. It's quite well put together and collects similar content to the Onslaught Aftermath and Trial of Gambit TPBs. It leaves out some X-Men Unlimited issues but instead collects a 1996 4-issue Magneto series as well as the Angel & Psylocke Crimson Dawn miniseries.

What was a bit stupid is that it accidentally left out one of the most important X-Men issues (the one where an aspiring presidential candidate is killed), even though that issue was listed in the table of contents...

Now on to Operation Zero Tolerance, after which I have a number of thick trades left, as well as X-Men vs Apocalypse The Twelve, X-Men Revolution and Eve of Destruction. Only material I'm missing is the Hunt for Professor X trade, which is impossible to find for a decent price.

When all that is done, I will take a looooong break from X-Men before starting again with New X-Men by Morrison at some point.

Astonishing Member

Ultramega 2....I don't know, confusing storytelling with art that is hard on the eyes.

Rorschach 7: I have to reread that to understand it. Or...no, not interested enough.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Foxy View Post
    Only material I'm missing is the Hunt for Professor X trade, which is impossible to find for a decent price.
    Actually a couple of days after I wrote this, I found a copy of this trade on the German Ebay and was able to grab it for just over cover price

About to finish Operation Zero Tolerance and I have to say I'm not confident that this will be wrapped up in a satisfying way. But I try to remain open-minded. They've been building up this Bastion guy for a while with a lot of foreshadowing, but until now I don't feel he has earned how powerful he is depicted and there is not a lot of material left to cover the showdown.

Lucky Luke: Wanted

Part of the "homage" series by different writers and artists doing their own "unofficial" spin on the character. This one wasn't as openly comedic as the main series, more like a classic Western, with a bit of character study on Luke. Quite enjoyable read.

BANNED

Spiderman 600. It put me off all comics forever. I will never get suckered like that again.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

X-Factor # 9 , 7/10
    Last edited by From The Shadows; 05-19-2021 at 11:56 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by green_garnish View Post
    Spiderman 600. It put me off all comics forever. I will never get suckered like that again.
    What happened? I forgot...

Incredible Member

Ok so I finished X-Men: Operation Zero Tolerance OHC yesterday. Overall I enjoyed a lot about the storyline but I feel a bit cheated by the ending. Firstly because after all the damage caused by the bad guy it was anticlimactic: "hands up bad guy it's over!" - "OK, I give up". Secondly, because the bad guy is still shrouded in mystery. What was his motivation, what kind of creature is he actually, who made him into what he is etc. Rather unsatisfactory. Also, there were some plot threads left dangling, e.g. in Generation Next. Given that my further reading doesn't seem to include Generation Next titles, it's a bit frustrating to have no closure.

Anyway on to X-Men Blue / X-Men Gold.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Way of X # 2, 6/10

Incredible Member

X-Men Blue Reunion TPB - deals with the aftermath of Operation Zero Tolerance on the Uncanny X-Men side (the X-Men issues are collected in the X-Men Gold Homecoming TPB, which I'm currently reading).

I would say it's OK-ish, nothing great, nothing remarkable - I've already kind of forgotten what the stories were about. I'm a couple of issues into X-Men Gold and it feels like it's the stronger of the two.

Following from that I still have quite some ground to cover to make it up to Morrison's New X-Men run:

The Hunt for Professor X TPB
    Magneto War TPB
    X-Men/Apocalypse The Twelve Omnibus
    X-Men Revolution Omnibus
    Eve of Destruction OHC