Page 10 of 49 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast
    Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

I'm currently re-reading my Fantastic Four Fraction Omnibus and I would rate it a 7/10
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

I just finished Revenge Of The Green Lanterns. I'd give it a 4/5.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Betty & Veronica #1
    Adam Hughes' much anticipated relaunch of Archie's Girls was a winner for me in just about every way. While I've always loved his art, he really surprised me with his writing chops, proving lots of fun and witty banter between the characters whom I thought he had down pat (though poor Moose sounds like he has brain damage). The idea of Hot Dog as narrator I found surprising, but interesting. As for the stars of the show, Veronica was in her usual spoiled rich kid mode while Betty was the classic nice girl next door....until the next to last page:

b and v 1.jpg

Friends, there is normal human rage, and then there's....BETTY RAGE!! I half expected Atrocitus from Green Lantern to swoop in and present her with a red ring! All in all, a great debut issue that's got me wanting more.

Grade: 4 out of 5 stars
    Last edited by WestPhillyPunisher; 07-27-2016 at 03:48 AM.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Extraordinary Member

Paper Girls, volume 1 - 8/10

Civil War II -#4 - 7/10
    I dig music, comics and pop culture so I started a blog. It has almost ended me.

http://tigrtigr.com

http://forum.tigrtigr.com

Spider-Verse Omnibus - 4/5 for main story. 2.5 for rest. 3.5 over all

Then I went on holiday and spent a lot of that time rereading old classics:

Saga of the Swamp Thing v1 5/5
    Swamp Thing v2: Love and Death 4.5/5
    Swamp Thing v3: The Curse 4.5/5
    Swamp Thing v4: A Murder of Crows 5/5
    Swamp Thing v5: Earth to Earth 5/5
    - #53 is the pinnacle of Moore's run
    Swamp Thing v6: Reunion 4/5 - Good stuff, but really hurt by a weak final issue.
    Daredevil: The Man Without Fear 4.5/5
    Daredevil Visionaries: Frank Miller v1 3.5/5
    Daredevil Visionaries: Frank Miller v2 4.5/5
    Daredevil Visionaries: Frank Miller v3 4.5/5
    Daredevil: Love and War 4/5
    Elektra: Assassin 5/5
    - Shaky first couple of issues and then it just gets better and better.
    Elektra Lives Again 3.5/5 - Most of that was for the art. The story is very slight
    Daredevil: Born Again 5/5 - Just phenominal

Spider-Man/Deadpool #8 8/10 series continues to be strong.
    Current Pull: Amazing Spider-Man and Domino

Bunn for Deadpool's Main Book!

Incredible Member hedgehogvampire's Avatar

Extraordinary X-men Volume #1: X-heaven 8/10. I love Humberto Ramos' art in this. I thought it was a great and fun read, I think the only weakness to this storyline is that the X-men was still recovering from the House of M storyline and now they are back to being endanger species again. But whatever I still enjoyed it greatly.
    Sonic the Hedgehog: Champions #268-271, 9/10. These four issues was pretty excellent from start to finish. Diana Skelly's art was fantastic in this, I hope she does more Sonic comics in the future. I like how they adapted the Sonic the Fighters game into the comic and I also liked how the writer added some Adventurers of Sonic the Hedgehog characters into the storyline too. This is more of a nit pick but the only weaknesses to these issues was that there wasn't really an explanation why Sonic couldn't use his werehog form during the storyline. But other then that it was a great four issues.

Skydoll, Alessandro Barbucci and Barbara Canepa 4,5/5

The Life Eaters 0/5
    - I gave up on this after about 20 pages. I reeks of being written by a prose writer who doesn't understand comics. I found it unreadable.

Aldebaran v1: The Catastrophe (incl. The Blonde) 2/5
    - What I think might have been a passable comic in France is ruined here by some really stiff clunky translation - and some silly censorship.

X-men: Civil War II #3: 7/10 Pretty good, I liked the interaction between Storm and Medusa and I also liked Magneto and Rachel together too. I haven't really been keeping up with the rest of Civil War II but the X-men stuff is good. I'm kind of leaning more on Magneto's side. I did fine some of the art a little wonky looking, especially with Medusa's hair.
    Sonic: Mega Drive #1: 8/10 This was an awesome comic. The art was fantastic, Tyson Hesse did great with this issue I hope to see more of his work in the future. The story was light and and funny but really entertaining. The only thing I'm confuse with is this suppose to take place in its own universe or is this suppose to be apart of the main comic universe?
    Sonic the Hedgehog #284 and #285: 10/10 These two issues were awesome. The pacing between the two comics was great and how everything flowed together. It looks like the finial issues for the "Sonic Unleashed" adaption is heading it's way, that has been the comic's main storyline for most of the series rebooted era it will be interesting to see what comes after this. Either way it looks like its going to have an awesome ending.

I read Briggs Land #1 from writer Brian Wood. It was a really well done first issue from a rather unsettling setup.

I shouldn't be surprised though since Wood is a fantastic writer.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

I just got Marvel unlimited yesterday and I'm really enjoying it so far. So far I read:
    Power Man and Iron Fist #1, 8/10 I thought this was a very good first issue. I never read a Luke Cage or an Iron Fist comic before so I wasn't sure what to expect but I liked it a lot and defiantly want to read more of them.

Extraordinary X-men #6, 7/10 This issue was alright nothing bad, just a little uneventful. Wish is fine its good to have a slower pace issue with more character moments. I like Colossus wants to train Anole, Glob, Ernest, and Martha to be X-men that should be fun to read about.

Guardians of the Galaxy #1, 9/10 I think out of all the comics that I read so far on this app this might be my favorite so far. I thought it was funny and all of the characters seem likable so far. Sure its a little odd seeing Kitty, the Thing, and Venom as Guardians but they work well with the other Guardian characters so far. I also thought the art was great too.

X-men Origins: Emma Frost, 6/10 I thought this was a nice little one-shot. Nothing special but its cool to see the back story on Emma, I like how as a child she looked liked an awkward dork. XD My only problem with the comic was that at some places it felt really rushed.

X-men/Spider-Man #1, 7/10 This was a fun comic, I liked the retro feel to it. The 60's setting was a little odd, I know both Spider-Man and X-Men came out in that era but I guess with the fact that most of these characters are probably in their early 30's at most they probably weren't alive yet in universe. But it still was a great read and I like how the bad guy spread the rumor about how Spider-Man was a mutant.

Outcast v1: A Darkness Surrounds Him 4/5
    Outcast v2: A Vast and Unending Ruin 4/5 - Good book so far. It's a very quick read though. It took two volumes for me to be sure I like it.
    The New Avengers: Secret Invasion v1 2/5 - Meh. I'm done with Bendis's standard superhero work. I'll still read Powers, but that's probably it for me.

Southern Bastards Deluxe HC Volume One - 4/5 - I'd had no interest in reading this when it first came out but I bought this after it won the Eisner award to give it a try. It wasn't what I thought it was going to be and I really liked it. I just wish Image had made this book oversized.

Quote Originally Posted by dancj View Post
    Outcast v1: A Darkness Surrounds Him 4/5
    Outcast v2: A Vast and Unending Ruin 4/5 - Good book so far. It's a very quick read though. It took two volumes for me to be sure I like it.
    The New Avengers: Secret Invasion v1 2/5 - Meh. I'm done with Bendis's standard superhero work. I'll still read Powers, but that's probably it for me.
    I've read the 3 TPBs of Outcast and I love it. Definitely one of my favourites. I don't think I'd enjoy it as much reading it monthly though with it being a slow burner.
    Pull List: Daredevil, Radiant Black, Rogue Sun, No One, Time Before Time

“We never lose our demons. We only learn to live above them"