Page 11 of 49 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by FluffySheep View Post
    I've read the 3 TPBs of Outcast and I love it. Definitely one of my favourites. I don't think I'd enjoy it as much reading it monthly though with it being a slow burner.
    God, yes. It would be excruciating monthly.

Justice League of America v1 #073-075
    It's 60s silliness, and I love it.
    I also like anything written by Denny O'Neil, that helps too.
    B+

The Brave & the Bold v1 #085
    Issue 75 of Justice League referenced this issue, had to read it again.
    I still enjoy it.
    A-

Sensational She-Hulk v1 #31-33
    Like Justice League, I was inspired to read it after seeing cover chosen for this week's cover contest, something in my collection that I have not read before, and the cover got my interest.
    Lots of 4th wall breaking, sometimes I think John Byrne overdid it. But still a lot of fun.
    A-
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

I read the first two issues of The Hunt.

It's a horror comic series from Image/Shadowline.

I took a flyer on it but I didn't really care for what I was reading so I'm done with the title.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Amazing Member

Adventures into Fear 11 - Man Thing - first Steve Gerber issue. Quite good.

I've subscribed to Marvel Unlimited and have been reading loads from it lately. I even read the first issue of Liefeld's Captain America and to be honest, it wasn't too bad and I quite liked the art. I am also trundling through the Age of Apocalypse as well.

Snotgirl No. 2

4/5
    I dig music, comics and pop culture so I started a blog. It has almost ended me.

http://tigrtigr.com

http://forum.tigrtigr.com

Incredible Member hedgehogvampire's Avatar

Some more comics that I read on Marvel Unlimited:
    Guardians of the Galaxy #2-6, 9/10: This series is awesome. I'm loving it so far, I think the team works great together. The comic is also pretty funny. The art in this book is excellent, Valerio Schiti does a great job. I have no idea why Peter is a king and that apparently him and Kitty are engage but it didn't ruin the comic for me, I'm sure this will be answer when I read more of the older Guardians' comics. The only negatinve thing I could say was that I thought the book relies on the 2-page spread a little to much, its nice to look at but it feels like it takes pages away from telling more of the story.

X-men/Spider-Man #2-4, 7/10: This mini series was a fun read. I liked how it showed both the X-men and Spider-Man working together through out the ages, I also like how they mention the storylines that was going on in what ever era they were in like: the clone saga or M-day, that was cool. Mario Alberti's was great. I did think that Sinister and Kraven got out of the fights a little too easily.

Amazing Member

Tomb of Dracula 1. Flowery writing from Gerry Conway. Modern comics can sometimes be too sparse with captions and dialogue.

X-men: Curse of the Mutants 9/10. This was great book and the art was great. I thought it was interesting how they turned Jubilee into a vampire, and I'm interested to see how that works out since she's still is a vampire. I also thought Cyclopses plan with turning Wolverine into a vampire and then changing him back was a cool plan. And the action scenes was cool too.

Civil War: X-men 7/10. Overall it was pretty good read. Man did it suck to be mutants back then, ok so it still sucks to be them but still. I did like how they showed that not all humans are horrible and will help out the X-men. Even though I still think it was stupid for the O.N.E. to have sentinels to look after mutants but it was cool to see them helping the 198.

X-men/Fantastic Four 8/10. I enjoyed this crossover a lot. The art was a little wonky at times but overall it was good, but the artist really did the best with backgrounds they were awesome. I like the interaction between the X-men and Fantastic Four and I thought it was cool how Nightcrawler, Emma, Gambit, and Wolverine all developed the same powers as the Fantastic Four, I thought the cure for them was solved a little too quickly though. Man I just realized how differently things were back then the X-men weren't divided among themselves the Fantastic Four was a team and no one was dead or missing. I liked that the ending showed the two teams playing baseball at the end, but it kind of has this bittersweet feeling for me because of what will happened to them in future stories.

Aspiring Comic Creator theBellrhino's Avatar

Demon Knights vol. 1: Seven Against the Dark
    2.25 / 5 stars
    "Just because there's a crack in something doesn't mean you throw it away."

Collected Edition and Graphic Novel Collection Current Standing:
    452 Books
    Single Issue Collection Current Standing:
    903 Issues

Green Lantern: Emerald Warriors 2.5/5 - Exactly the kind of characterless superhero pap I'm growing tired of.

Girl Crazy 3.5/5 - The weakest thing I've read from Gilbert Hernandez, but still quite fun.

Legion Lost v1: Run from Tomorrow 0/5 - I made it through about an issue and a half of this before giving up. It just throws you in without giving any introduction to the characters or any reason to care about any of them. It was too much like hard work and I have too big a backlog to read something I'm not enjoying even a little bit.

Swamp Thing #20 3.5/5 - Alan Moore's first issue - which never made it into most of the TPBs. I can see why. It's still good, but it feels like Moore is finding his feet.

Miss: Better Living Through Crime 3/5 - Decent European (but set in New York) noir comic.

Invincible Member

Astro City #37. 4/5 stars

Astonishing Member WillieMorgan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dancj View Post
    Legion Lost v1: Run from Tomorrow 0/5 - I made it through about an issue and a half of this before giving up. It just throws you in without giving any introduction to the characters or any reason to care about any of them. It was too much like hard work and I have too big a backlog to read something I'm not enjoying even a little bit.
    Believe it or not but Volume 2 of that last run on Legion Lost makes that first volume look inspired.

It's title is 'The Culling' and it's chiefly written by the stalwart Tom DeFalco. Either DeFalco was taking the piss with it or his writing style is hideously outdated. It starts out badly enough by crossing over with the Scott Lobdell Teen Titans story 'The Culling' and, if it's possible, deteriorates from there. DeFalco then moves into a second arc which introduces a new threat to the team and the Earth itself. This new villain pairing, Lord Daggor and his reptilian steed Thraxx are so 1990's in design and motivation it's almost ridiculous. The story itself is all over the place and pretty much guaranteed that DC would pull the plug on the whole thing.

I can usually find something good to say about any given comic or run. Not this. By disliking the first volume you've spared yourself the horror of possibly being intrigued enough to pick up 'The Culling'.

Thor #1-6, 10/10: I never picked up a Thor comic before and never really had any interest in the character but I wanted to what Jane Foster's Thor was all about, and man it was really enjoyable. The art was great and fit the book perfectly. The action in the comic was awesome. I also thought it was funny how the original Thor had a list of people who he thinks could of been the new Thor. Also Thor's dad is kind of a dick. He also doesn't seem like the smartest dude out there. I don't think I have anything negative to say about this comic so far.

X-men (2010) #7-10, 10/10: I absolutely love this comic so far. The X-men teaming up with Spider-man was fun. It is a little odd how this is the second ark in a row that had the main villain trying to turn mutants into a different species. In Curse of the Mutants vampires was trying to turn mutants into vampires and now we have Dark Beast trying to turn mutants and humans into lizard people, its not a complaint its just odd. I loved the witty banter between the X-men and Spider-man. The part when Spider-man and Emma Frost trying to find their way through the sewers was fun. The only negativie thing I could think of is that in issue #10 that the last two pages are drawn by a different person and the two styles don't fit together. I don't have a problems with multiple artist woking on one story arks, its just that for most of this ark is done by one artist and the last two or three pages are done by someone else. So it just stands out more.

Oh I just realized that this is my 100th post, cool.

Aspiring Comic Creator theBellrhino's Avatar

Batman: Whatever Happened to the Caped Crusader collected edition. I gave it a 4 out of 5 star rating. There's a more detailed review on my GoodReads page:
    https://www.goodreads.com/review/sho...w_action=false
    "Just because there's a crack in something doesn't mean you throw it away."

Collected Edition and Graphic Novel Collection Current Standing:
    452 Books
    Single Issue Collection Current Standing:
    903 Issues

Quote Originally Posted by WillieMorgan View Post
    Believe it or not but Volume 2 of that last run on Legion Lost makes that first volume look inspired.

It's title is 'The Culling' and it's chiefly written by the stalwart Tom DeFalco. Either DeFalco was taking the piss with it or his writing style is hideously outdated. It starts out badly enough by crossing over with the Scott Lobdell Teen Titans story 'The Culling' and, if it's possible, deteriorates from there. DeFalco then moves into a second arc which introduces a new threat to the team and the Earth itself. This new villain pairing, Lord Daggor and his reptilian steed Thraxx are so 1990's in design and motivation it's almost ridiculous. The story itself is all over the place and pretty much guaranteed that DC would pull the plug on the whole thing.

I can usually find something good to say about any given comic or run. Not this. By disliking the first volume you've spared yourself the horror of possibly being intrigued enough to pick up 'The Culling'.
    Ouch - That sounds terrible.

On a lighter note:
    Avengers by Brian Michael Bendis v2 3/5 - Not enough to tempt be back, but definitely better than most Bendis work I've read in recent years.

Tank Girl: Visions of Booger 3/5 - Fun stuff