Page 16 of 49 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast
    Amazing Member

Tomb of Dracula 25 - a good one 7/10 featuring Hannibal King. Remember it from when I was a kid. Another one from the wonder of the modern world, Marvel Unlimited. Sitting in the office reading comics on my PC. Maybe I should do some work.

Avengers: Ultron Unlimited

I.... actually didn't really like it. I liked the ruthlessness of Ultron but the art is a little old for me and distracting.

Plus some of the Avengers on that team were a bore
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Lucky Luck vol 8: Calamity Jane - at 0.98 on Comixology is a steal. Great pace, gags and tale. 5 cum laude/5
    All Star Batman #3 - Duke is starting to feel like a character. 3.5/5
    Great Lake Avengers #1 - Expect to be funnier, but still worth it. 3/5
    Wonder Woman #8 - Plot could be summarized in two or three pages. It's important to the narrative, but could be done inside an issue. 2/5
    Detective Honeybear and the case of the curious cap - Original, but the talk gag get old quick and makes difficult to read the tale. 2/5
    Favorite books right now: Wonder Woman, Groo, Usagi Yojimbo, Super Sons

aeiou 2/5 - Not great. I've read and enjoyed similar works by James Kochalka and Adrian Tomine. This wasn't in the same class.

JLA: Zatanna's Search 3/5 - I can't hack this old-school stuff too often, but it was an interesting snapshot

Valerian: Welcome to Alflolol 2.5/5 - For a short while this started going in an interesting direction, but then it wrapped up a bit too nicely. I think I'm probably 4 or 5 times the age of the target audience.

Notes for a War Story 4/5 - Good story about 3 teenagers living in an unnamed country during a war.

Spider-Man Human Torch #4

0/10

God that issue was dumb all around. Only read it to check out the Black PAnther hitting SM thing.

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Astonishing Member WillieMorgan's Avatar

Earth 2: Worlds End - Volume 2 (3/5)

This was a weird one. I bought both volumes of this online for what I thought was a very good price. I wouldn't have been arsed otherwise. A couple of months ago I read the first volume and it was absolute toilet, every bit as bad as I'd been led to believe. You could tell that the main writer (Daniel H. Wilson) had zero comic writing experience.

This one though I got a lot more out of, even though it suffers from the same problems (it moves along at a hectic pace, leaving little room for drama or character development). I must have lowered my expectations somewhat or read it with a better frame of mind. It's not a great series by any stretch of the imagination but seemed to get more enjoyable as it progressed.

I also appreciated the way the writers attempted to reconcile the plot points left dangling by both James Robinson and Tom Taylor. They didn't always succeed but at least they tried. They didn't have to.

Amazing Member

Alex + Ada 1 to 5 on Kindle. Superb. 9/10.

Aspiring Comic Creator theBellrhino's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Avengers: Ultron Unlimited

I.... actually didn't really like it. I liked the ruthlessness of Ultron but the art is a little old for me and distracting.

Plus some of the Avengers on that team were a bore
    I agree that some of the heroes seem to only be there by editorial mandate, but I still think it's one of the best Avengers stories I've ever read. Definitely THE best Ultron story I've read.

Still, to each their own.
    "Just because there's a crack in something doesn't mean you throw it away."

Collected Edition and Graphic Novel Collection Current Standing:
    452 Books
    Single Issue Collection Current Standing:
    903 Issues

Power Man and Iron Fist #9 solid issue, but I'll be happy when it's away from Civil War and doing its own thing again 7/10

Deadpool #20 A breather issue, one and done, surprisingly heartfelt for Pool. 8/10

Uncanny Avengers #15 Fantastic fun, probably my favorite Super Team book on the market right now. 9/10
    Current Pull: Amazing Spider-Man and Domino

Bunn for Deadpool's Main Book!

Amazing Member

Incredible Hulk 92 to 95 - initial 4 issues of Planet Hulk. 8/10. Good stuff, nice art. Only off putting bit was the Silver Surfer being in the story as it didn't quite feel right.

Quote Originally Posted by theBellrhino View Post
    I agree that some of the heroes seem to only be there by editorial mandate, but I still think it's one of the best Avengers stories I've ever read. Definitely THE best Ultron story I've read.

Still, to each their own.
    I can understand that. I have issues with older art, its distracting for me.

Invincible Member

Deathstroke #4. I'd say 3.5 stars out of 5.

Aspiring Comic Creator theBellrhino's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    I can understand that. I have issues with older art, its distracting for me.
    I can understand where you're coming from. I personally like it, particularly how much chaos Perez packs into each panel. Really makes it feel like the battle to end all battles for the Avengers.
    "Just because there's a crack in something doesn't mean you throw it away."

Collected Edition and Graphic Novel Collection Current Standing:
    452 Books
    Single Issue Collection Current Standing:
    903 Issues

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by theBellrhino View Post
    I can understand where you're coming from. I personally like it, particularly how much chaos Perez packs into each panel. Really makes it feel like the battle to end all battles for the Avengers.
    Same here. Perez is one of my all time favorite artists.

American Splendor 3/5
    This is the combined volume of the first two collections which came out when they did the film. My previous American Splendor experience was Bob & Harv's comics (a compilation of the ones Robert Crumb drew), the two Vertigo books and the excellent film. This was my least favourite of the bunch. The shorter stuff was still good (especially when Crumb was drawing) and some of the longer ones were good, but some of them dragged a bit. It didn't help that the artist who seemed to draw most of the longer ones wasn't (to my tastes) very good.

Paradigm v1: Segue to an Interlude 1/5
    The art was decent - but would have benefited from some colour. The story though was a bit pompous and a bit of a slog. I gave up halfway through this one.