Page 21 of 49 FirstFirst ... 1117181920212223242531 ... LastLast
    Invincible Member

Cyborg-2.5/5

Sam Wilson- 3/5

Hawkeye- 3/5

Midnighter and Apollo-3/5

Astonishing Member WillieMorgan's Avatar

The Multiversity (Deluxe Edition) - 5/5

The blurb on the reverse describes it best - 'Touches on a sense of scale and complexity unique in comics, let alone any entertainment medium'.

Ragnorok #11, Walt Simonson doing his own take on Thor and Norse mythology.
    And doing it very well. Do I even need to say the art is spectacular. 8/10

The Wake 3.5/5 - The first half is a decent it standard monster story. The second half is a weird disjointed thing set in the future that never fully works. Not bad, but falls far short of where it's aiming. Nice art.

Swamp Thing v7: Regenesis 4/5 - Rick Veitch's run starts with some painfully stilted dialogue, but he soon settles into his groove. Still a few too many pages of Swamp Thing talking waffle, but over all it's enjoyable stuff with good art.

Amazing Member

Venom: Space Knight 1 to 9. On the face of it quite stupid - Flash Thompson as Venom in Space - but hey ho, I'll give it a go and it was quite enjoyable. Enjoyed the art and the story. Nice easy read. 7/10.

5 Ronin. Interesting but why did Marvel feel the need to shoehorn Wolverine, Deadpool, Hulk, Punisher and Psylocke into it. 6/10.

Marvel Unlimited is the dog's bollocks!

Amazing Member

Daredevil: Father by Joe Quesada. He is quite a good artist is Quesada but he's not a great writer - cliched to say the least. Then having said he is quite good artist, his art has become very stylised and a bit over the top and a bit meh. 5/10.

Quote Originally Posted by valerian View Post
    Daredevil: Father by Joe Quesada. He is quite a good artist is Quesada but he's not a great writer - cliched to say the least. Then having said he is quite good artist, his art has become very stylised and a bit over the top and a bit meh. 5/10.
    I liked Father, but Quesada's writing on Nyx was much better.

For me:
    Swamp Thing v8: Spontaneous Generation 3.5/5 - Still decent - Still nowhere near the level of Moore's run.

Swamp Thing v9: Infernal Triangles 2.5/5 - The stories written by Jamie Delano and Steven Bissette were crap. The Superman one was fun, but other than that, this is the weakest collection by far.

The Manhattan Projects v1 4/5 - Cracking mad stuff.

Batman and Son TPB - 5/5 - This was the first time I'd tried Morrison's Batman run, and although it took more of my concentration to read than most of the other stuff I read, I loved it.
    Pull List: Daredevil, Radiant Black, Rogue Sun, No One, Time Before Time

“We never lose our demons. We only learn to live above them"

The Manhattan Projects v2 4/5, v3 4/5, v4 4/5 and v5 3.5/5 - This series is a lot of fun with scientists running rampant doing basically whatever they want to do. Volume 5 starts to lose the focus a bit.

Swamp Thing (Millar) v1: The Root of all Evil 4/5 - Finally Millar brings Swamp Thing back to proper horror for the first time since halfway through Alan Moore's run. Good nightmarish art from Hester and DeMulder

Swamp Thing (Millar) v2: Darker Genesis 4.5/5
    - The alternate realities of River Run raise this volume a bit above the other two for me.

Swamp Thing (Millar) v3: Trial by Fire 4/5
    - Good respectful finish to the second best run on Swamp Thing (and when the first is Alan Moore's classic run, that's not a backhanded compliment)

Amazing Member

Afterlife with Archie: Escape from Riverdale. 5/5. Never read an Archie comic before but had an idea of what it was about. Anyway, it was terrific with great art. The first few pages of Issue 4 actually moved me to tears. Silly old fool that I am.

Batman RIP TPB - 4/5 - Similarly to Batman and Son, I had to concentrate in parts, which all ultimately came together brilliantly at the end. What confused me was reading the final 2 issues in the trade. Since looking into it, I've found out that these issues actually take place during Final Crisis, and not Batman RIP. In my opinion, DC would have been better off leaving those last 2 issues out of this trade so readers aren't confused by it.
    Pull List: Daredevil, Radiant Black, Rogue Sun, No One, Time Before Time

“We never lose our demons. We only learn to live above them"

Amazing Member

Spider-man 62 part three of Exiled which is part of the Clone Saga. I am quite enjoying the clone saga as I plod my way through it but boy oh boy, it does go on. Anyway the end is in sight.

The Graveyard Books v1 and v2 4/5 - P Craig Russell's adaptation of Neil Gaiman's ghostly take on The Jungle Book. I'm not generally a fan of adaptations, but Russell us just really good at them. Thoroughly enjoyable.

Ordinary 4.5/5 - Great story from Rob Williams set in a world which quickly starts falling apart when everyone (except one plumber) spontaneously develops super powers. The story is great and D'Israeli's art elevates it that much higher.

Batman (DCNU) v1: The Court of Owls 3.5/5 - A decent start. One of the better things I've read from Snyder. How much I really like it will depend largely on the payoff.

Southern Bastards v1: Here Was a Man 4/5 - I'm liking this quite a bit. Jason Aaron is always reliable.