Page 22 of 49 FirstFirst ... 1218192021222324252632 ... LastLast
    Amazing Member

Ex-Machina 1 to 15. Great stuff. Is Brian K Vaughan the best writer in comics today? I say yes. 9/10.

I've only read Y: The Last Man, but he does seem to be writing a lot of top comics!

I just read Obi-Wan and Anakin. It wasn't AS good as I expected, but it was certainly very good
    “We have a saying, my people. Don’t kill if you can wound, don’t wound if you can subdue, don’t subdue if you can pacify, and don’t raise your hand at all until you’ve first extended it.”

Quote Originally Posted by Enigma View Post
    I've only read Y: The Last Man, but he does seem to be writing a lot of top comics!
    It's not a popular opinion, but I think Y is one of his weaker recent works.

I'd put it behind Ex Machina, Runaways, Saga, The Escapists, Private Eye and Pride of Baghdad.

I just recently re-read the hardcover trade of the Ultimates by Jonathan Hickman and Esad Ribic. The pacing of the comic is really good, but only slows down when Ribic isn't drawing the comic. Esad Ribic is such a great artist and him and Hickman were working magic in the comic. I'd give it 8/10.
    Find me on Instagram and Twitter - @arfguy
    https://whoaskd.com/

Grendel: Red, White & Black 2.5/5 - A collection of short stories about Hunter Rose. My love of Grendel really kicks in with the later stories, and for my tastes, Wagner mines the Hunter Rose incarnation a bit too much. Most of these stories fell flat for me.

Justice League (DCNU) v1: Origin 3/5 - Not bad, but it's almost entirely plotless - and Jim Lee's art has lost the much needed looseness that he managed to find for ASBAR. The dialogue is probably the high point of the book.

Some STAR WARS book where Vader plans/commits a heist against the empire itself to fund his search for his son, Luke. I despise most things Star Wars, but I can admit to being entertained here.

The latest issue of Invincible. Loved it.
    Adam Wallenta
    Illustrator/Writer

My new all-ages graphic novel I created with my 5-year-old son, "PUNK TACO" is available now.
    PUNK TACO is about a lovable alien taco that rocks out across the galaxy with his band of misfits, fighting evil and anyone in need.

PUNKTACO.com

PUNK TACO on AMAZON

Hinterkind v1: The Waking World 3/5 - Decent enough. I'll get the rest if I see them cheap enough, but not if I don't.

Ultimate Power 3.5/5 - Better than I expected considering it's got three writers and one of them is Jeph Loeb. Not exactly heavy on plot though.

The Sandman: Overture 4.5/5 - A solid 4/5 story lifted up by J H Williams's excellent art.

Superman: Earth One v1 4/5 - Decent stuff.

Too Much Coffee Man: How to be Happy 2.5/5 - This book collected a bunch of weekly one-page strips, so it's a bit less satisfying for me than the other volumes. Still some good moments here and there though.

Fantastic Member

Donal Duck - The Pixelated Parrot...4.5/5 Loved it!

⚡ The Scarlet Poster ⚡ Flash Fan #1's Avatar

The latest issue of Harley Quinn, I give an A-.

Conner and Palmiotti never fail me.
    "If you're not moving, you're not living. No matter how bad it gets or how many hits you take, keep trying."

Extraordinary Member

Captain America #1 - 7/10
    Captain America # 2 (Both from the current Spencer run) - 7/10

Change 1.5/5 - Story from Ales Kot that I could not understand in the slightest. Nice art though - especially the colours.

Superman Earth One v2 3.5/5 - The story was okay - a bit slight. The most interesting bits were right at the end, setting up the next volume. Not mad on the art.

BANNED

League of Extraordinary Gentlemen, the whole damn series.
    Moore and O'Neill are masters. Alan Moore is a true influential master of the medium, right up there with Kirby, Eisner and Kurtzman.

Extraordinary Member

Vision, volume 2 - 9/10 = Woah

All-New Member

Superman: Secret Identity by Kurt Busiek/Stuart Immonen - 5/5

Not that big a Supes fan normally but really loved this one, the setting of a world where Superman was the only person with powers really hooked me and Immonen's art is absolutely stunning.