Page 6 of 49 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Sharkerbob View Post
    Stuff of Legend - Gorgeous art style, still an awesome premise (a "serious" take on living toys saving children from the demonic Boogeyman). This seriously needs to be made into a Del Toro movie. Giving it a 4.5/5.
    Ooh - Looks interesting. And they've got 2nd hand copies going cheap on Amazon.co.uk

Colder Vol 2 - wow so so good. Amazing artwork, great story, wouldn't recommend reading before bed time. 4/5 simply because the drawings of the villains are so scary 23772.jpg

Just got The Stuff of Legend today - It looks good!

Locke & Key v5: Clockworks 4.5/5
    Locke & Key v6: Alpha & Omega 4.5/5 - Very nearly a 5 (but I practically never give those). Locke & Key is one of the best comics I've discovered in recent years. Joe Hill has earned himself a place on my list of writers to look out for.
    Superior 4/5

Never Giving Up! GreenLanternRanger's Avatar

Green Lantern Corps: Edge of Oblivion #4 3/5
    There's a Time For Peace, and Then There's a Time To Punch Nazi Scumbags in the Face!!

BANNED

Last time I bought and read any comic book was back in 1996. I was in high school getting ready to be a Junior in 1997. Kinda lost interest in comic books back then.

Last comic books I read back then were Amazing Spider-Man, Uncanny X-Men, Wolverine #100, Sensational Spider-Man, Spawn issues 30somethning, and the Age of Apocalypse stuff back then.

These days including this year I got back into the craze slowly. Mostly going back old school getting the black and white Essentials for the original Uncanny X-Men and the Wolverine Essentials to do alot of catching up. Alot of catching up

Extraordinary Member

A Death in the Family - 9/10.

Never Giving Up! GreenLanternRanger's Avatar

Action Comics #51 3/5
    Huck #6 5/5
    Legends of Tomorrow #2 4/5
    Red Thorn #6 4/5
    Superman: Lois & Clark #7 4/5
    Titans Hunt #7 3/5
    There's a Time For Peace, and Then There's a Time To Punch Nazi Scumbags in the Face!!

Saga Volume 5.

3 stars out of 5. Might be the last volume of the series that I pick up. I'm starting to lose interest in wherever this thing is trying to take me.

Quote Originally Posted by DebkoX View Post
    A Death in the Family - 9/10.
    Really? The old Jim Starlin book? I thought that was terrible.

BANNED

Last comic book recently that I was flipping through was an old single issue of Wolverine Volume 2 series issue 95. I miss the old fan letters and the Bullpen Bulletin stuff in the mid 1990s. Bullpen news stuff back in 1996 they were still cool to read through

Just finished reading Garth Ennis' Where Monsters Dwell, with the Phantom Eagle. Hilariously fun book, with a nice mix of old school pulp and modern characters.

Astro City: The Dark Age - both TPBs. 4/5. I like Astro City and it has moments of greatness, but it usually feels like it's falling a little short of its potential.

Judge Dredd - Complete Case File 1
    50 pages in, and already too many judges die. It's a shock that Dredd survived as long as he did in those early issues, if for no reason other than being the titular character.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

Smile

I'm an employee in a Dutch comic book shop and have been writing about comics for over 20 years. I started a tumblr blog to keep track of everything I read this year (siggestript.tumblr.com). It's mostly in Dutch, but since a few weeks I decided to do the reviews of English language releases in English. Here's a taste of what I've read last week. I'll try to post updates regularly.

Superman: The Men of Tomorrow
    I'm not a big Geoff Johns fan. His stories tend to have too many Hollywood cliches and contain an idea of normalcy that feels outdated. Or in short: his all American heroes are usually a bit too American and too blandly heroic to my taste. Thanks to the art of John Romita Jr. and Klaus Janson I've picked this one up anyway and lo and behold… the first Geoff Johns comic I'actually liked.

Rat Queens 1: Sass and Sorcry
    Rat Queens 2: The Far Reaching Tentacles of N'Rygoth
    Rat Queens 1 is a bit of a rollercoaster without much coherency. A solid supply of comedy with an adult edge keeps it interesting. The 2nd volume is much tighter and therefore a better read. There's still a lot of humor, but this time it comes with more adventure. And N'Rygoth, not to forget. I'm curious for the third volume.

Chester Brown: Mary Wept over the Feet of Jesus
    Chester Brown is a christian, but his interpretation of christianity is anything but ordinary. In this book he tries to convince his readers that the 'virgin' Mary was actually a prostitute and that Jesus preached disobedience. The comic strips are only meant to illustrate his plea. His afterword and notes in which he explains his theory are the real meat and bones of this book. I thought it was a great read, but it's definitely not for everyone.

Batman Deathblow - After The Fire - 3/5. Meh. The story sort of meandered to a halt.