Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Moderator Decisions

This is going to be the thread where ShaggyB and I explain major moderating decisions.

A few years ago, it would be the repository of thread drift links, although that hadn't been a problem very often in the last year. There had been a total of twelve thread drifts from April 2013-April 2014.

I edited thread titles to remove the words "thread" and "official." As per one of the new boardwide rules.

NO “OFFICIAL”, “DISCUSSION”, OR “THREAD” IN THREAD TITLES

Users do not make threads official, it's obvious we're all here to discuss things, and we all know what threads are. Let’s keep redundancies and information we already know out of thread titles.
    I also deleted the Peter Parker appreciation thread. The first post, which hadn't gotten any responses, didn't really have much to say. Which goes against two of the boardwide rules.

PUT SOME THOUGHT AND EFFORT INTO IT

Opening posts of any thread should set the tone by introducing the topic and being a springboard for further conversation. Do not succinctly give a topic and then simply say "Discuss" or something similar, expecting other people to run with it. Do not only provide a link to somewhere else or copy/paste an entire article from elsewhere without adding your own thoughts. It’s no one’s job to start threads to make up for whatever particular topics they feel are missing from the forums or need to be split from other conversations, so do not start threads with the empty notion of filling a void without putting the effort into presenting the topic as something worth discussing. If you want to say something, then say it. If you can’t muster up enough effort to start a thread properly, wait for someone else to do it.

(This does not apply to genuine questions posed to the forum the thread starter has no answer to or presenting clips/trailers/previews of material that may be of interest to the forum.)

NO STAKE CLAIMING

Starting up a thread with little to no content just because you know people will eventually be talking about the topic is stake claiming. Whether you're eager to see people talking about it or want the first post or credit for having started what you think will soon be a busy or popular thread, please avoid doing this.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

BANNED

What in the name of blue #### happened to the boards?

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Thompson View Post
    Jonah Weilland, the owner, felt that a fresh start was necessary after a particularly egregious situation.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...ticle&id=52513

If you have any more questions there is a Spider-Man forum Q and A.

http://community.comicbookresources....munity-Q-amp-A
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob Thompson View Post
    Jonah Weilland, the owner, felt that a fresh start was necessary after a particularly egregious situation.

Might also be worth noting that situation was one of many that were last straws.

The short version is, its a brave new world. Everyone gets a fresh start.

To Rob specifically:

This is not the thread to discuss the changes to CBR. You will find those in the Community board or the Q&A board. If you need a link or have further questions, feel free to PM Mets or myself.

BANNED

This was clearly done simply to stop my drive toward the 25k posts mark.

Fistshake, I say. Fistshake.

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post

So in other words he made a deal with Mephisto and OMD'd the entire forum?

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    So in other words he made a deal with Mephisto and OMD'd the entire forum?
    Nah. We still remember it.

Spectacular Member ThiefHookUps's Avatar

This a good idea for a thread. But why didn't you notify members that you'd be making such severe changes and that they would have to reregister? There's a lot of confusion right now and that certainly could've prevented a lot of it.

This is not a thread for discussing the changes to CBR, that exists on the Community Q&A board.

This is a thread for Mets and I to let you know when a drift or a merge happens.... or when we need to explain something major we do on the spider-man board (Circa yesterday post relaunch - to current).

I feel so brand new!! lol

I'm just glad that you two are still around, Mets and ShaggyB. I thought there would've been some shakeups involving the loss of previous moderators in general after the incident when I was reading it a little while ago.

Could you perhaps make this one a sticky? Being able to read the verdicts would be a good thing.

A thread about a leaked image from an upcoming issue of Ultimate Spider-Man was deleted.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

In the first thread drift of the new board, 53 posts on whether Spider-Man should kill were moved from the Amazing Spider-Man 2 discussion to a new thread.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Locked a thread about Linkara.

Dont post a link to a video blog or website and follow it with "Thoughts?". Please put more effort into starting discussion threads.

Also, remember we dont discuss the person, just the points he makes.... In case of future threads on linkara's work.