Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    Amazing Member

Default Batman and Robin Eternal #12 Preview / Discussion

Batman and Robin Eternal #12

Source: 13thDimension

http://13thdimension.com/exclusive-p...in-eternal-12/

Summary Grayson vs. SCULPTOR in a psychic battle! Grayson will find out the truth about Batman, or have his mind shattered!
    Out of all the Robins, Jason Todd is my favourite

I really start to like the sculptor. I hope she stays around after Eternal.

Ultimate Member

Hope they reveal sculptor as the real villain

Does anyone think we'll actually "learn the truth about Batman" in this issue?

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by taylortexas View Post
    Does anyone think we'll actually "learn the truth about Batman" in this issue?
    Does anyone think that there's really any truth to be learned?

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Does anyone think that there's really any truth to be learned?
    There certainly better be considering that's the driving point of this entire series. Whether it'll be a satisfying revelation or something that the community doesn't figure out beforehand is another matter entirely. But I don't think we'll really know until the very last issue as that's how it went with the first Eternal. Batman holding the smoking gun at the end of the first issue still hasn't been addressed at all yet.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by taylortexas View Post
    There certainly better be considering that's the driving point of this entire series. Whether it'll be a satisfying revelation or something that the community doesn't figure out beforehand is another matter entirely. But I don't think we'll really know until the very last issue as that's how it went with the first Eternal. Batman holding the smoking gun at the end of the first issue still hasn't been addressed at all yet.
    I remember how Eternal went. Whole lotta scuffling, and the only thing of consequence were introductions that could have (and probably should have) been done elsewhere.

Incredible Member

The Mother is awesome, she's the ultimate chess player, everyone is right where she wants them, and they have no idea, she could already have killed Batman, but she choosed not to, i'm really looking foward to see more on their relationship.

Quote Originally Posted by bat_girl_cc View Post
    The Mother is awesome, she's the ultimate chess player, everyone is right where she wants them, and they have no idea, she could already have killed Batman, but she choosed not to, i'm really looking foward to see more on their relationship.
    Every Batman villian is the ultimate chess player, with everyone is right where he wanted them. Like the Cluemaster in Batman:eterna, the Riddler in Batman: Zero Year, the mother now. There is nothing special about the mother.
    Last edited by Rakiduam; 12-22-2015 at 07:09 AM.

Thats the problem with ultimate chess players, once one fails you kinda have to introduce new one to repeat same plot.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rakiduam View Post
    Every Batman villian is the ultimate chess player, with everyone is right where he wanted them. Like the Cluemaster in Batman:eterna, the Riddler in Batman: Zero Year, the mother now. There is nothing special about the mother.
    Cluemaster? Riddler? lmao, The Mother has hundreds maybe thousands of people under her control all around the globe...cluemaster and riddler themselves could be under her control, you never know.
    Villains like Cluemaster and Riddler are like the coffee in the birthday parties...villains like Ra's and The Mother are the cake (main event)

Quote Originally Posted by bat_girl_cc View Post
    Cluemaster? Riddler? lmao, The Mother has hundreds maybe thousands of people under her control all around the globe...cluemaster and riddler themselves could be under her control, you never know.
    Villains like Cluemaster and Riddler are like the coffee in the birthday parties...villains like Ra's and The Mother are the cake (main event)
    Let's be honest, Mother has no real lasting power as a top tier Batman villain like Ra's or Riddler, she will have this "grand" moment in Eternal and probably be relegated to trivia question status shortly there after. Maybe some author will dust her off a few years down the road for another turn on the dance floor, but her character doesn't have the impact to make her on Bane's level, who was really the last breakout new Bat villain... let alone the Riddler or the Demon's Head who are decades old and part of some landscape of the Batman mythology. I mean Batman is barely in this series, she's facing off against the sidekicks, not the main event.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurtzberg View Post
    Let's be honest, Mother has no real lasting power as a top tier Batman villain like Ra's or Riddler, she will have this "grand" moment in Eternal and probably be relegated to trivia question status shortly there after. Maybe some author will dust her off a few years down the road for another turn on the dance floor, but her character doesn't have the impact to make her on Bane's level, who was really the last breakout new Bat villain... let alone the Riddler or the Demon's Head who are decades old and part of some landscape of the Batman mythology. I mean Batman is barely in this series, she's facing off against the sidekicks, not the main event.
    I think Pyg could be argued as the last breakout Bat villain. CoO too maybe.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kurtzberg View Post
    I think that she as a big advantage over the others, and that is that every bat villain is in some way connected to some members of the bat-family, but they are only truly connected to 1 or 2...The Mother is already deeply connected to all members of the bat-family and their origins as well (Batman, Dick Grayson, Jason Todd, Tim Drake, Cassandra Cain, Harper Row, Azrael, etc) which opens alot of possibilties, as many stories could be made with her, as she could appear on any bat-book.
    Batman has already dealt with her in the past, she found out that he's Bruce Wayne, we already know that she could had killed him at one point but choosed not to, heck its still too soon to say but by the looks of it he was pretty much her boy-toy.

Extraordinary Member

If she will stay around for longer she will probably more important for Cass, for any member of the Batfamily how turns out to be one of mothers children and maybe for Dick but probably not for Bruce.

Btw. am I the only one how think that it is strange that Dick mind rapes someone with his hypnos?