Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

I'm beyond ecstatic for this series, aside form the art. Happy to see Elixir again. Hopefully Bunn uses some more of the unused characters we have sitting on the backburner.

Quote Originally Posted by sureshot View Post
    Not a fan of Elixir myself but glad to see more variety of mutants in X-title. Still how does one kill someone who according to wikipedia has omega level healing power ability. To me that would make the character similar to a Timelord. Who can regenerate from death. Not unkillable but damn close imo.
    To be fair, Elixir doesn't regenerate. He has to use his powers on himself so if you manage to disable him he's as good as dead.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Proto View Post
    I'm beyond ecstatic for this series, aside form the art. Happy to see Elixir again. Hopefully Bunn uses some more of the unused characters we have sitting on the backburner.

To be fair, Elixir doesn't regenerate. He has to use his powers on himself so if you manage to disable him he's as good as dead.
    I suppose it's too much to hope we'll get an explanation of what happened to him after Wolverines, and how he ended up at Utopia.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    I suppose it's too much to hope we'll get an explanation of what happened to him after Wolverines, and how he ended up at Utopia.
    Part of me wants the Utopia bit erased from memory and continuity because it was just plain old nonsensical but the Wolverines bit will hopefully come into play. I mean we've got both Sabertooth and Mystique here so there's gotta be some reference to it.

The X-titles have many lesser popular characters that could use more comic time. I may not be a fan of all of them. It's still good to see variety as opposed to just the popular characters.

That explains it and thanks. Otherwise he would be immortal or a close second to it. A weakness to counteract his mutant powers.

Unless Bunn wants to do some fan service I think he will simply be part of the team. No explanation he just is there imo.

Part of me wants the Utopia bit erased from memory and continuity because it was just plain old nonsensical but the Wolverines bit will hopefully come into play. I mean we've got both Sabertooth and Mystique here so there's gotta be some reference to it.
    Considering how Wolverines ended. A plausible explanation as to how and why Mystique is part of the team. With a equally plausible reason why Sabertooth is not attacking her. The character maybe inverted but that does not mean he has to be a forgiving about what happened to him and the rest of the Wolverines. If the writers want Sabertooth to not be boring when inverted. Have the character kick butt. More a anti-hero than hero imo.
    Last edited by sureshot; 12-21-2015 at 08:14 AM.
    Jean loves me this I know because the church says it so.

Havok and Emma were right.

I'm fine with 100% ignoring Josh's appearances in Wolverines and in the Utopia arc. The first one was needless angst that did Laura a disservice, and the second was just all-over stupid. Why waste page-time referencing incidents best forgotten?

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    I'm fine with 100% ignoring Josh's appearances in Wolverines and in the Utopia arc. The first one was needless angst that did Laura a disservice, and the second was just all-over stupid. Why waste page-time referencing incidents best forgotten?
    Holllerrrrrrr!

Angel's healing blood. Paige's exhibitionism. Nightcrawler's devil daddy. etc etc.

Fahgedaboudit

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    I thought Logan killed most of these Dark Riders in Wolverine #100? After Genesis (Cable's son, Tyler) tried to play Apocalypse and give him his adamantium back, which resulted in his body rejecting it and mutating further (i.e., the short-lived noseless Wolverine phase).
    Apparently, they were brought back at the end of Necrosha
    "Dear World: the nation of mutantkind is watching you. Do not #$%& with us." -Cable-

Fantastic Member TheForbiddenOne's Avatar

if Sabertooth wasn't in this book then it would be perfect, he is the only character I'm not excited to read about.

Quote Originally Posted by TheForbiddenOne View Post
    if Sabertooth wasn't in this book then it would be perfect, he is the only character I'm not excited to read about.
    For me it all depends on how Bunn writes him. We havent seen much of inverted Creed so its up in the air just how much the inversion has changed him in so many months since Axis.
    "Dear World: the nation of mutantkind is watching you. Do not #$%& with us." -Cable-