View Poll Results: What was THE ULTIMATE LGBT HIGHLIGHT of 2015?

Voters
52. You may not vote on this poll
  • AGENTS OF S.H.I.E.L.D (ep. 1, season 3) Jose Cuterrez is the first ever LGBT hero in the MCU

2 3.85%
  • ALL NEW X-MEN #40. Jean Grey outs 05 Iceman

6 11.54%
  • AMAZING SPIDERMAN #1. The wedding of Max Modell

0 0%
  • ANGELA: ASSASSIN OF ASGARD #3. Sera becomes one of the first ever truly trans heroes

3 5.77%
  • ANGELA: QUEEN OF HEL #1. 5th ever LGBT solo series from Marvel, Angela & Sera are confirmed lovers.

7 13.46%
  • ANT-MAN ANNUAL #1. Introducing Raz Malhotra as a potential Giant Man

2 3.85%
  • DAREDEVIL (ep. 3, season 1). In passing we have our first ever mention than LGBT exist in the MCU

0 0%
  • GWENPOOL CHRISTMAS SPECIAL. Sharon King confirmed married to Ellen King

0 0%
  • JESSICA JONES (ep. 1, season 1). Jeri Hogarth first confirmed lesbian of the MCU

1 1.92%
  • MARVEL HEROES. Wiccan becomes a playable character as an enhanced ‘costume’ for the Scarlet Witch

0 0%
  • NEW AVENGERS #1. Wiccan and Hulkling become the first ever LGBT couple on an Avengers roster.

4 7.69%
  • SECRET WARS: SIEGE #2. Magik and Leah confirmed as lovers.

1 1.92%
  • ULTIMATES #1. Miss America Chavez becomes the first LGBT POC on an Avengers roster.

6 11.54%
  • UNCANNY X-MEN #600. Iceman comes out, becoming the first ever A-list gay character from Marvel.

15 28.85%
  • WOLVERINES #7. Mystique & Destiny finally depicted as lovers; LGBT romance catalyst for the series

5 9.62%
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Mighty Member

Moondragon actually making an appearance.

Quote Originally Posted by Reality View Post
    The female counterpart to Adam Warlock. He was Him, she was Her. She was originally awakened too early from her cocoon in a masculine form (then named Paragon) then later formed a new cocoon, completed her physical development and emerged as female. She's also been Ayesha, while she was mind controlled by a supervillain in Genosha. The multiple name changes make not knowing her even easier!

I'm not sure it counts, really. She was basically a fetus when she looked male, changed to a female and she's basically been solely motivated by the desire to breed since developing, showing no signs of gender confusion. She changed sexes, but arguably was never the original sex anyway. Not really close to anything like a real life trans person. Never had dysphoria and magically transitioned. Male origins never really mentioned or relevant again. Is biologically engineered to be female. Weird one to zero in on.

Starhawk is her child with Quasar, apparently, and that's a whole other can of confusing. As was Mar-Vell's reincarnation in Earth X, but with Adam Warlock.

Though I think something cool could be done with her if you were to integrate her into the whole Universal Church of Truth stuff. She'd fit very well there.
    Starhawk..yes. He/she changed sexes often.

Quote Originally Posted by Custodes View Post
    Starhawk..yes. He/she changed sexes often.
    Sort of. Starhawk is the child of Quasar and Kismet from the future merged with his adoptive space mutant sister. So they're more two people in one body that shifts to accomodate, like the Hulk, but of different sexes. There's also a space Hawk God thing thrown in there.

As I said... Starhawk is complicated.

BANNED

Voted for MAC, mainly because I'd like to see her become a major player.

Wishful thinking, yah.

Quote Originally Posted by Star_Jammer View Post
    Voted for MAC, mainly because I'd like to see her become a major player.

Wishful thinking, yah.
    I'd love for her to get a solo series! If her villains were crazy multiversal versions of Cap villains, that would be crazy! And I could see her hanging out with Spider-Gwen being fun.

Didn't Cap Marvel have a lesiban couple?

Quote Originally Posted by mreddie View Post
    Didn't Cap Marvel have a lesiban couple?
    Yep, in space. Her close and now deceased friend who was battling cancer was also a lesbian.

Voted for Billy and Teddy, because they're my boys and I'll always pick them. But Iceman was a great moment too. I'm hoping more comes from that. Keeping my eye on All New and Extraordinary X-Men, just to see.

Extraordinary Member t hedge coke's Avatar

I'm not sure it counts, really. She was basically a fetus when she looked male, changed to a female and she's basically been solely motivated by the desire to breed since developing, showing no signs of gender confusion. She changed sexes, but arguably was never the original sex anyway. Not really close to anything like a real life trans person. Never had dysphoria and magically transitioned. Male origins never really mentioned or relevant again. Is biologically engineered to be female. Weird one to zero in on.
    She was as much "male" as anyone is, in a biological sense. Maybe it's just me, but I don't see why her not experiencing dysphoria about it, but changing immediately because she had the power to change it would disqualify her in any way.

Morrison has a good laugh at the otherwise beloved-by-him Camelot 3000s big melodrama over transitioning, since it came out way after transitioning was a medically sound and relatively easy procedure, but no, in the far far far "realistic" future, it needs magic and sacrifice.

I'm not going to get into my medical history, but some of you here know enough. I know that I'm looking at it from a different angle than many, and bringing in baggage or emphasis, but I don't think we can afford to be essentialist with gender particularly when we're talking about aliens and magic and fantasy tech.

We have children who are openly trans and adjusting to the lifestyle of their preferred/true gender right now. No long fretting. No big existential crisis.
    Patsy Walker on TV! Patsy Walker in new comics! Patsy Walker in your brain! And Jessica Jones is the new Nancy! (Oh, and read the Comics Cube.)

The Beyonder also became a woman when they "matured." Kosmos.

And, that did take effort (and a "surgeon").
    Patsy Walker on TV! Patsy Walker in new comics! Patsy Walker in your brain! And Jessica Jones is the new Nancy! (Oh, and read the Comics Cube.)

BANNED

Sort of. Starhawk is the child of Quasar and Kismet from the future merged with his adoptive space mutant sister. So they're more two people in one body that shifts to accomodate, like the Hulk, but of different sexes. There's also a space Hawk God thing thrown in there.

As I said... Starhawk is complicated.

That was a bad analogy being that Banner and his alter-ego Hulk were not two different beings rolled into one along with a cosmic entity unlike Aleta and Stakar Ogord.

Yep, in space. Her close and now deceased friend who was battling cancer was also a lesbian.
    I think I prefer that mourning issue, on further reflection, to most of the listed options because it wasn't a status quo shift, but a funny, sweet, sad, romantic elegy. Also, it had characters I care about.

BANNED

Voted Wiccan and Hulkling being Avengers.

Second choice was Mystique and Destiny though it seems like this was common knowledge for decades.

Absolute last choice was Iceman being force diversified in Uncanny #600 because it feels forced in order to satisfy some sort of agenda. New gay characters like Wiccan and Hulkling are awesome. Not a 2015 thing but having characters like Rictor who for a long time had hints of being gay come out is also awesome. Having a character like Iceman being force diversified is lame. And no there were no real hints. A series of failed relationships doesn't make you gay else Steve Rogers, Tony Stark, Peter Parker, Scott Summers, and pretty much every marvel hero except Reed Richards is gay. Having Northstar crush on you doesn't make you gay unless being gay is contagious. Having your mom in the movies make a gay analogy doesn't make you gay especially since the movies have nothing to do with 616 continuity. To me having Iceman being forced gay would be the equivalent of if in 1975 Marvel wanted a black X-person and instead of creating Storm they race swapped Polaris.
    Last edited by JediMindTrick; 12-21-2015 at 07:31 PM.

Bobby's history with saying he's gay, with only getting in relationships with women to be competitive and then burning out, with being exceptionally repressed about something other than being a mutant, and people accusing him of being gay has been a snowballing thing since the 70s, though.

If they did it with Reed, it'd be out of nowhere. Doing it with Bobby was... a long time coming.

It's not about "failed," as much as... when he jumps to a woman, it's to compete with another guy and that's about it. He doesn't have anything to do with Polaris or Vera or Opal or... any of them, outside of competing with other dudes or having a showpiece on his arm for five minutes. Half the time, it's not even a real romance, like both times with Polaris. He's just making it up in his head because he's going to have a girlfriend. While telling people on the side that he's Lance, Hank's boyfriend.
    Last edited by t hedge coke; 12-21-2015 at 07:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JediMindTrick View Post
    Voted Wiccan and Hulkling being Avengers.

Second choice was Mystique and Destiny though it seems like this was common knowledge for decades.

Absolute last choice was Iceman being force diversified in Uncanny #600 because it feels forced in order to satisfy some sort of agenda. New gay characters like Wiccan and Hulkling are awesome. Not a 2015 thing but having characters like Rictor who for a long time had hints of being gay come out is also awesome. Having a character like Iceman being force diversified is lame. And no there were no real hints. A series of failed relationships doesn't make you gay else Steve Rogers, Tony Stark, Peter Parker, Scott Summers, and pretty much every marvel hero except Reed Richards is gay. Having Northstar crush on you doesn't make you gay unless being gay is contagious. Having your mom in the movies make a gay analogy doesn't make you gay especially since the movies have nothing to do with 616 continuity. To me having Iceman being forced gay would be the equivalent of if in 1975 Marvel wanted a black X-person and instead of creating Storm they race swapped Polaris.
    Where is your proof that he was "forced" gay? You're acting as if the editors at Marvel were being held at gunpoint when in fact it was their conscious decision to give Bobby this story narrative. And no, there doesn't need to be "proof" for someone to be gay or closeted, anyone can come out as gay at any point in their lives, sexuality isn't black and white and there are thousands of reasons to repress your sexuality. If a 60 year old man can come out as gay after being in a happy marriage with kids, I don't see why Bobby can't. And comparing coming out to "race swapping" is ludicrous. Sexuality develops overtime and can be repressed, race can't.

Glad to see Bobby's coming out story is winning the poll.