View Poll Results: What was THE ULTIMATE LGBT HIGHLIGHT of 2015?

Voters
52. You may not vote on this poll
  • AGENTS OF S.H.I.E.L.D (ep. 1, season 3) Jose Cuterrez is the first ever LGBT hero in the MCU

2 3.85%
  • ALL NEW X-MEN #40. Jean Grey outs 05 Iceman

6 11.54%
  • AMAZING SPIDERMAN #1. The wedding of Max Modell

0 0%
  • ANGELA: ASSASSIN OF ASGARD #3. Sera becomes one of the first ever truly trans heroes

3 5.77%
  • ANGELA: QUEEN OF HEL #1. 5th ever LGBT solo series from Marvel, Angela & Sera are confirmed lovers.

7 13.46%
  • ANT-MAN ANNUAL #1. Introducing Raz Malhotra as a potential Giant Man

2 3.85%
  • DAREDEVIL (ep. 3, season 1). In passing we have our first ever mention than LGBT exist in the MCU

0 0%
  • GWENPOOL CHRISTMAS SPECIAL. Sharon King confirmed married to Ellen King

0 0%
  • JESSICA JONES (ep. 1, season 1). Jeri Hogarth first confirmed lesbian of the MCU

1 1.92%
  • MARVEL HEROES. Wiccan becomes a playable character as an enhanced ‘costume’ for the Scarlet Witch

0 0%
  • NEW AVENGERS #1. Wiccan and Hulkling become the first ever LGBT couple on an Avengers roster.

4 7.69%
  • SECRET WARS: SIEGE #2. Magik and Leah confirmed as lovers.

1 1.92%
  • ULTIMATES #1. Miss America Chavez becomes the first LGBT POC on an Avengers roster.

6 11.54%
  • UNCANNY X-MEN #600. Iceman comes out, becoming the first ever A-list gay character from Marvel.

15 28.85%
  • WOLVERINES #7. Mystique & Destiny finally depicted as lovers; LGBT romance catalyst for the series

5 9.62%
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by ZNOP View Post
    Thanks for the update... I can skip the long page-by-page search now that I know your referring to a retcon.
    Technically, if it changes the origin it would have been a retcon anyway. But I was referring to current continuity- Season One is the official origin. It's a self contained graphic novel. Very good stuff. I'm pretty sure there was some prior basis for Banner being experimented on other than the bad movie, though. I do reccomend Season One highly though. Fred Van Lente and Tom Fowler did a great job.

Posting the current "TOP 3" picks

1st. UNCANNY X-MEN #600. Iceman comes out, becoming the first ever A-list gay character from Marvel.

2nd. ANGELA: QUEEN OF HEL #1. 5th ever LGBT solo series from Marvel, Angela & Sera are confirmed lovers.

3rd. ULTIMATES #1. Miss America Chavez becomes the first LGBT POC on an Avengers roster.
    "We are Shakespeare. We are Michelangelo. We are Tchaikovsky. We are Turing. We are Mercury. We are Wilde. We are Lincoln, Lorca, Leonardo da Vinci. We are Alexander the Great. We are Fredrick the Great. We are Rustin. We are Addams. We are Marsha! Marsha Marsha Marsha! We so generous, we DeGeneres. We are Ziggy Stardust hooked to the silver screen. Controversially we are Malcolm X. We are Plato. We are Aristotle. We are RuPaul, god dammit! And yes, we are Woolf."

Default The next "TOP 3"

4th. ALL NEW X-MEN #40. Jean Grey outs 05 Iceman

5th. WOLVERINES #7. Mystique & Destiny finally depicted as lovers; LGBT romance catalyst for the series

6th. ANGELA: ASSASSIN OF ASGARD #3. Sera becomes one of the first ever truly trans heroes
    "We are Shakespeare. We are Michelangelo. We are Tchaikovsky. We are Turing. We are Mercury. We are Wilde. We are Lincoln, Lorca, Leonardo da Vinci. We are Alexander the Great. We are Fredrick the Great. We are Rustin. We are Addams. We are Marsha! Marsha Marsha Marsha! We so generous, we DeGeneres. We are Ziggy Stardust hooked to the silver screen. Controversially we are Malcolm X. We are Plato. We are Aristotle. We are RuPaul, god dammit! And yes, we are Woolf."

Astonishing Member MasterOfMagnetism's Avatar

I'm not surprised adult Iceman coming out won the poll. People can say what they want about Iceman being gay and how it was handled but Iceman is now the most famous gay superhero in the history of comics, Iceman has actually been in mainstream Hollywood movies.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran_Frost View Post
    4th. ALL NEW X-MEN #40. Jean Grey outs 05 Iceman

5th. WOLVERINES #7. Mystique & Destiny finally depicted as lovers; LGBT romance catalyst for the series

6th. ANGELA: ASSASSIN OF ASGARD #3. Sera becomes one of the first ever truly trans heroes

Despite not having read a single issue of "Wolverines" -- I'm vaguely certain that "visually" it was longtime common-ish (fanboy/girl) knowledge. I'll look for the issue this afternoon.
    Last edited by ZNOP; 12-23-2015 at 07:42 AM.

[/COLOR]

Despite not having read a single issue of "Wolverines" -- I'm vaguely certain that "visually" it was longtime common-ish (fanboy/girl) knowledge. I'll look for the issue this afternoon.
    They were never actually shown kissing. Ever. It was very clear they were lovers, and there were occasional lines here and there that did make it explicit. But even with Wolverines, they have not had a single on-panel kiss. Which bugs me.

And it's why I think they should put a mini showing how they met and fell in love.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfMagnetism View Post
    I'm not surprised adult Iceman coming out won the poll. People can say what they want about Iceman being gay and how it was handled but Iceman is now the most famous gay superhero in the history of comics, Iceman has actually been in mainstream Hollywood movies.
    A poll of 44 voters that ran less than a week?

Yeah, Iceman would have been a no-brainer.

Polls open for a year, guys and gals. It closes this time next year when I've made the 2016 highlights.

Extraordinary Member t hedge coke's Avatar

More people know who Catwoman is, than Iceman, I'd bet. So... um... bisexuals for the win?

Iceman has been out as gay for the space of, what, now? Three issues?

I love Marvel, but the big kiss failed to impress me in the way that the Captain Marvel kiss of the year before did. The big outing of Iceman, while cool, has only been now a couple issues, with the huge delay. Meanwhile, DC's got two bi leads and a gay lead who're actively dating, embracing, and involved in very different kinds of comics where their romances matter.

Marvel needs to step up its game. Instead of worrying that by saying "lesbian" they'll be boxing their characters in.
    Patsy Walker on TV! Patsy Walker in new comics! Patsy Walker in your brain! And Jessica Jones is the new Nancy! (Oh, and read the Comics Cube.)

BANNED

'Yer reaching... Northstar made the news Still, it would have been better if Bobby's "most famous" status lasted more than three issues and actually included someone he's been doting on (so to speak) because as it stands -- yeah he's gay, but obviously friendless -- both of them now that I think about it.
    Last edited by ZNOP; 12-24-2015 at 07:00 AM. Reason: Pic(s) added.

I think no matter how you feel about how it was handled, adult Iceman's coming out was probably the biggest highlight, followed by his younger self's revelation and then probably Miss America on an Avengers roster imo.
    Currently Reading: DC: Shazam /// MARVEL: Daredevil, Invaders, Winter Soldier /// IMAGE: Seven to Eternity /// TITAN: Bloodborne

Upcoming Reading:

Trade Waiting: IMAGE: East of West, Black Road, The Black Monday Murders /// DARK HORSE: Hellboy, Witcher

So is Machinesmith gay or just a little bicurious? They're throwing out hints in Ant-Man but I have no idea if he has any prior romantic history.

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    So is Machinesmith gay or just a little bicurious? They're throwing out hints in Ant-Man but I have no idea if he has any prior romantic history.
    He's gay. It's been established for ages now. Spencer makes him sooooooomuch fun, but I kind of wish he was a more serious villain. He always seemed to have untapped potential as a black hat.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Of Atlantis View Post
    I think no matter how you feel about how it was handled, adult Iceman's coming out was probably the biggest highlight, followed by his younger self's revelation and then probably Miss America on an Avengers roster imo.
    I must have missed a tie-in or something along those lines... In what issue did "adult" Bobby announce to the world that he was homosexual?

'Yer reaching... Northstar made the news Still, it would have been better if Bobby's "most famous" status lasted more than three issues and actually included someone he's been doting on (so to speak) because as it stands -- yeah he's gay, but obviously friendless -- both of them now that I think about it.
    It's not reaching. Northstar might have made the news a little with the wedding, but mostly no one outside of comic readers know who he is. Iceman was in the movies and gets referenced in other stuff like Family Guy. He's way more famous than Northstar. Whether the general public will also know he's gay is something else entirely.

I must have missed a tie-in or something along those lines... In what issue did "adult" Bobby announce to the world that he was homosexual?
    Well he came out in Uncanny X-Men 500.
    If you mean "announce to the world" in universe, that never happened. But most outings in comics aren't to the entire in universe world.