Default Green Lantern Corps is the best Legion book in years

Maybe it's just because they're fighting Durlans, but GLC really feels like an old school Legion book to me right now. It's got a group of character from different worlds with different views and beliefs working as a team to fight spacey bad guys.

The individual members are being well-defined, the stories are full of action, and the art is fantastic.

Not only is it the best Green Lantern book going right now, but anyone who misses the Legion should give this a shot.

Green Lantern Corps is wicked awesome! It is my most highly anticipated comic every month. There are so many characters in that book, yet they all feel like they're being done proper justice. I love the art. The combination of Bernard Chang on line work and Marcelo Maiolo on colors is breathtaking. Every time those two take a break, I weep. Anyone who loves action packed space adventures with great character work and a delightful but not overbearing sense of humor should love Green Lantern Corps.

I'm totally looking forward to "Uprising." Something tells me there's going to be a big status quo change for John Stewart.

Van Jensen would be ideal for a Legion of Superheroes title.
    Last edited by Desh; 05-01-2014 at 06:34 AM.

It's not even close to being what the Legion is beyond the diverse group of characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Desh View Post
    Green Lantern Corps is wicked awesome! It is my most highly anticipated comic every month. There are so many characters in that book, yet they all feel like they're being done proper justice. I love the art. The combination of Bernard Chang on line work and Marcelo Maiolo on colors is breathtaking. Every time those two take a break, I weep. Anyone who loves action packed space adventures with great character work and a delightful but not overbearing sense of humor should love Green Lantern Corps.

I'm totally looking forward to "Uprising." Something tells me there's going to be a big status quo change for John Stewart.

Van Jensen would be ideal for a Legion of Superheroes title.
    Yep, I liked the book okay with Venditti co-writing, but since Jensen's gone solo it's really stepped up. It's got everything I want from a Legion book, but set in the present day.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Kalicki View Post
    Yep, I liked the book okay with Venditti co-writing, but since Jensen's gone solo it's really stepped up. It's got everything I want from a Legion book, but set in the present day.
    Ahh! That two part Von Daggle arc -#28 and #29- is crazy good! But yeah, it's hard not to think of the Legion when the enemies are the Durlans and the Khund. I doubt that was a coincidence.

Quote Originally Posted by Desh View Post
    Ahh! That two part Von Daggle arc -#28 and #29- is crazy good! But yeah, it's hard not to think of the Legion when the enemies are the Durlans and the Khund. I doubt that was a coincidence.
    I just read 29 last night, which is why it's on the mind! It definitely feels like Jensen is a Legion fan.