Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default POSSIBLE SPOILERS - Speculation re: Marvel's Next Wave of Star Wars Books

Wondering what books, if any, will take place in or around The Force Awakens timeline.

The new characters are all terrific, would love to see books spotlighting Poe, Phasma (was hoping for more from her in the movie) and, far above all, our heroine Rey.

Same here. I think marvel is going to put out more comic because of the movie and the fact that there star wars comics sell very well

My guess is there going to release prequel comics on the main charcters. Like Finns traning to become a Strom trooper, and Rey lif on jakku
    "Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else."

BANNED

Wouldn't mind a comic about Sidon Ithano, the Crimson Corsair! Dig his helmet.

They really need to do a Poe mini-series. He was my favorite but we knew the least about him.

BANNED

Definitely more about Poe.

It's funny 'cause I used to have a female pilot in a Star Wars tabletop game named Poe.

iMan 42s

Maybe something based around the stormtroopers like Finn. The force awakens definitely had a more humanizing portrayal than in the past, so I'd be up for exploring that. There is a reference to a possibility of making a clone army in the film. I'd be up for them explaining why enlisted troops are more efficient. Though in the same scene its mentioned its claimed the new troops are better trained as opposed to clones who might as well have been grown weapons. It might be a cool thing to explore why the First order troopers are the way they are.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

I want a limited series about the baton wielding stormtrooper.
    Songbird Appreciation Thread

Support Flintstones & Future Quest.

BANNED

Personally, I want to follow everything from the new EU, so my plan is:

1) Get the minis in TPBs.
    2) Pull all ongoing series.

So, I'm pulling Vader and SW, but I'm waiting for Obi-Wan/Anakin to become a TP. I'm just hoping that the ongoings aren't too many at a time. Maybe 3 or 4 max, with a few minis thrown in.

Give me a Qui-Gon series. That's all I ask for.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperiorIronman View Post
    Maybe something based around the stormtroopers like Finn. The force awakens definitely had a more humanizing portrayal than in the past, so I'd be up for exploring that. There is a reference to a possibility of making a clone army in the film. I'd be up for them explaining why enlisted troops are more efficient. Though in the same scene its mentioned its claimed the new troops are better trained as opposed to clones who might as well have been grown weapons. It might be a cool thing to explore why the First order troopers are the way they are.
    I think it was mostly that it was easier to steal children to train as minions and kill their families than it was to get a bunch of clones. The people who made the original clone army died out, didn't they? I forget. Either way; it's cheaper.

I don't know if the people who made them died, but by the time of the original trilogy they'd stopped using clones. One of the plot points in the Rebels TV show was that the Empire retired most of the clones sometime after Revenge of the Sith because their accelerated aging was proving to be a serious problem. So raising actual human children to fight for the First Order was probably easier in that regard.

I'm kinda hoping that around the time of the second movie, they'll phase out the Star Wars and Darth Vader ongoings and replace them with ongoings for Kylo Ren and one for the adventures of Rey, Finn, and Poe as they fight for the resistance against the First Order. so basically the main titles right now, just for the new time period and characters.

I am also expecting them to do miniseries following the characters in the anthology films leading up to the films.

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    I don't know if the people who made them died, but by the time of the original trilogy they'd stopped using clones. One of the plot points in the Rebels TV show was that the Empire retired most of the clones sometime after Revenge of the Sith because their accelerated aging was proving to be a serious problem. So raising actual human children to fight for the First Order was probably easier in that regard.
    Right, I wasn't sure of their accelerated aging continued through adulthood. They likely all would have died off. A smart evil overlord would have grown a second batch of clones to raise at the normal speed, so that they don't have that problem again.

iMan 42s

Quote Originally Posted by Reality View Post
    Right, I wasn't sure of their accelerated aging continued through adulthood. They likely all would have died off. A smart evil overlord would have grown a second batch of clones to raise at the normal speed, so that they don't have that problem again.
    Programmable for absolute loyalty and can be grown to reach adulthood quickly and slow down to normal once there. Makes me wonder why they didn't do that. Removes the hassle of troops like Finn or the possibility one might go rogue. Kamino couldn't have been the only place they could have done this as well as it seemed like clones had been a possibility, so it seems like an option to branch out from. Sure mind tricks are a problem but how many jedi are really out there by this point in the series to make a dent?

At least clones made more sense than reverting back to droids again like the dark troopers. I remember an old battlefront video that explained it pretty well;
    "so we are replacing people for droids and then droids for clones, clones to people, then back to droids?"
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

I want to see someone do a mini-series explaining how Maz got Anakin's lightsaber.