Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default PREVIEW: Old Man Logan #1

This January, sharpen your claws and prepare for the coming of a new kind of Wolverine. Straight out of the pages of Secret Wars comes an older, wiser and much more deadly Logan. And his adventure in the restored Marvel Universe begins as critically acclaimed creators Jeff Lemire and Andrea Sorrentino bring you OLD MAN LOGAN #1 - a brand new ongoing series! Decades from now, a day will come when the villains of the Marvel Universe will band together and rid the world of its heroes. Only Logan now remains, having committed an untold number of atrocities of his own. But when he winds up in the Marvel Universe of today, he'll finally get his chance to make his future right. By ANY MEANS NECESSARY. Can one man change history? Is the world ready for the return of Logan? Find out as he cuts a bloody swath through the Marvel Universe in OLD MAN LOGAN #1!

Full preview here.

Mighty Member

Well, that one page looks gorgeous.
    I write about the intersection of science, comics and culture. Check it out!

BANNED

Though it's only a first look, i'm not impressed.

Amazing Member

nice but how many old man logans do we need?

new stories then?

Mutant Bat on Speed Force Fuzzy Barbarian's Avatar

This is the only X-book I can see being any good. Lemire is a great writer, Hawkeye and Extraordinary aside, and I loved his GA run with Sorrentino.

Also, Dark Knight Returns variant is cute
    Favourite characters: Wally West, Dick Grayson, Cassandra Cain, Cyclops, Jay Garrick, Jamie Madrox, Stargirl, Bucky Barnes, Magik, Jon Kent, Kate Bishop, Booster Gold

Regular pulls:
    Adventureman, Cable, Fire Power, Green Lantern, Hellions, New Mutants, Thor, Vampire: The Masquerade, Venom, X-Factor, X-Men

Trade-waiting: Animosity, Black Panther, Captain America, Catwoman, Conan, Daredevil, DCeased, Detective Comics, Hawkman, Immortal Hulk, Redneck, Saga, Skyward, Snotgirl, X-Force

Quote Originally Posted by Mork74 View Post
    nice but how many old man logans do we need?

new stories then?
    What do you mean? There is only one. This is the same one from Secret Wars and Extraordinary X-Men
    "This is me being reasonable"

Only reason its going on the pull list is because of Lemire. I'm willing to chance it for his writing. Really enjoyed his Animal Man and Justice League Dark work.

Between this guy and the squadron supreme, do we really need this much edginess in the MU? Logan sounds like he should be on Magneto's team instead.

BANNED

One minute I was there and the next I woke up here... Why my pockets were cut out beats the hell out of me...

Looking forward to this. Kind of weird how he got here, but now that he's here I look forward to reading about him.

BANNED

I'd rather read a story concerning the disappointment his 616 enemies go through when they learn that the highly coveted Adamantium statue of Wolverine is now absolutely worthless.
    Last edited by ZNOP; 12-21-2015 at 10:45 AM.

I'll read the Extraordinary X-Men and Old Man Logan. This is not a real Wolverine, but at least he is not a young copy...

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jumbo View Post
    I'll read the Extraordinary X-Men and Old Man Logan. This is not a real Wolverine, but at least he is not a young copy...
    So what....?? It's still a Logan/Wolverine who'll be a part of the ANAD MU and I can't wait to see how he'll deal with the rest of the MU Heroes (and Villians) within said MU; although EXTRAORDINARY X-MEN is doing an excellent start with OML dealing with some of the X-Men that he knew (within his original timeline prior to SECRET WARS).

BANNED

Is there some sort of logic behind your statement, Jumbo?
    Last edited by ZNOP; 12-21-2015 at 11:41 AM.

I think it was a slam on X-23. I actually like her as the new Wolverine, though I wish Old Man Logan had a codename. Call him Weapon X or something. And give him a costume. But maybe that's just me...