Super Moderator

Default PREVIEW: Poison Ivy: Cycle of Life and Death #1

Life. Death. Poison Ivy has power over both. But can she keep her friends and hold down a regular job at the same time? As Dr. Pamela Isley, she joins the prestigious plant sciences department at Gotham Botanical Gardens, but things quickly get complicated when a fellow scientist is murdered and it looks like the work of Ivy. Don't miss the start of this new 6-issue miniseries!

Full preview here.

BANNED

This is beautifully drawn and the characterization is spot on too. It's nice to see a classic Bat villain other than Joker get a story of their own and hopefully it does well enough for Ivy to get a permanent book and DC takes cue and gives other villains a chance. I'm sure their villain books will sell a lot better than failed experiments like We are Robin. DC's future are their villains not Harper Row. Follow with Lex Luthor, Black Adam,something with Darkseid,something with Riddler, maybe League of Assassins featuring Shiva,Talia,Jason,Damian,Rogues, something with street level mercs(like a book with Cheshire,Bane etc).

So psyched for this! Poison Ivy is an interesting character and so far only few writers saw her potential and used her outside the classic villainess and made her an interesting character (like Duane Swierczynski, Gail Simone or Greg Rucka).
    It looks like Amy Chu will also give the character a proper treatment. I haven't read anything from her before, but she seems to get the character and sound enthusiatic everytime she talks about the book.
    The art by Clay Mann is a big seller on this, it is nothing but beautiful. It is already one of the best looking books around and I hope he can do all 6 issues of this without a fill-in-artist.
    Great to see Terry Dodson drawing Ivy again. And while I could live without Harley being on it, it is a nice nostalgic piece. I loved the Dodson's back on the first Harley book and this was a time when I enjoyed Harley & Ivy together.

All said, I can't wait for this to come out! Next year marks Ivy's 50th anniversary, and it's about time she gets her own title then
    Last edited by Green Ghost; 12-24-2015 at 03:26 PM.

Clay Mann was born to draw Poison Ivy!

I am surprised by the interior art it looks really good. I wanted to buy this anyway but now I do consider not waiting for trade.