The Claw of Justice!

Default The Best Hellboy Comic of 2015

What was the best Mignolaverse book this year, in your opinion?
    I'd probably have to say that Hellboy in Hell was the best, but I enjoyed Lobster Johnson: A Chain Forged in Life more, just because A Chain Forged in Life came out after almost a year with no LoJo comics, and it was so great to see a new Lobster adventure. I'm eager to see if The Glass Mantis will surpass A Chain Forged in Life as my favorite Mignolaverse book of the year.
    Also, what was the year's best Mignolaverse cover? My favorite was the Chain Forged in Life cover, but there were a lot of nice ones this year.

Hellboy in Hell: The Hounds of Pluto. That story was amazing. And Mignola's cover for part one remains my favourite for the year. I get drawn in every single time.
    Last edited by middenway; 12-21-2015 at 11:54 PM.

Fantastic Member

Frankenstein Underground.

The Hounds of Pluto is a close second.

I'm also going to have to say Hellboy in Hell: The Hounds of Pluto.

Love the Hounds, as well as '53 but Frankenstein Underground topped the lot for me.
    SLINT / Mike Mignola / Walt Whitman / Arthur Lourié / Dr. Pepper

Quote Originally Posted by middenway View Post
    Hellboy in Hell: The Hounds of Pluto. That story was amazing. And Mignola's cover for part one remains my favourite for the year. I get drawn in every single time.
    Yes this right here ^

The Claw of Justice!

I think I'll revise my answer and go with The Glass Mantis. I really enjoyed that one.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

I'm going to go with the Hounds of Pluto as well, but Frankenstein Underground is a close second.

All-New Member

While Mignola-drawn comics are typically going to dominate "Best of" lists, I REALLY enjoyed the Flesh & Stone BPRD storyarc that ushered in 2015. The exploits of Agent Howards illustrated by James Harren were exquisite.

The Claw of Justice!

Quote Originally Posted by thb View Post
    While Mignola-drawn comics are typically going to dominate "Best of" lists, I REALLY enjoyed the Flesh & Stone BPRD storyarc that ushered in 2015. The exploits of Agent Howards illustrated by James Harren were exquisite.
    BPRD has been really great this year, like always. It's one of the few books that comes out every single month and maintains that level of quality.