Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by zhris View Post
    PSN has Chrono Trigger on sale for $3, is it good? I've been looking for a reason to dust off my PSP...
    Its a classic. Worth every penny.

BANNED

Good old chris Roberts wing commander games.

Quote Originally Posted by zhris View Post
    PSN has Chrono Trigger on sale for $3, is it good? I've been looking for a reason to dust off my PSP...
    It's amazing. Definitely one of my favorite rpgs ever and probably the best game Square put out in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeP View Post
    Sorry, no. FF7 is a good game, but to me it was the start of Square's love affair with long, long CG cutscenes.

Not that previous RPGs didn't have long scenes, but there was more of a focus on telling the story rather than "ooh, pretty" scenery.
    I liked FF7, but mainly do to the fact that it was one of the first big games I beat on the ps. After they sony re-released ff anthology and chronicles, I have to agree that FF 6, and FF 4 for that matter, are far superior games. My top ff games would have to be FF6, FF4, FF IX, FFVII and FFX

BANNED

PSX has some of the best JRPGs around.

Another great one - Lunar : Silver star story.

BANNED

And the sequel

Lunar 2 : Eternal Blue - like SSS , great story , loveable characters , beautiful music & some pretty anime segments.

dizzy.jpg

This little chap got me into gaming. What an egg...
    Bring forth the pies!

Spider-Prime's Only Fan Spider-Prime's Avatar

I got both Lunar games on the PS1, love them both.

I need to go back and finish some of my older RPGs on the SNES. It has lots of great ones.

I still enjoy a bunch of the retro games and play them
    Some of my favorites are Shinobi 3 on the Genesis (amazing game), Mortal Kombat 4 (picking up projectiles from the stage floor never gets old for me), and Maui Mallard Cold Shadow

Fantastic Member Bslythegamerguy's Avatar

I recently added a Vectrex to my collection, I found a working one at a flea market for $50 and figured I'd grab it just to own it. Lately though I've been playing a TON of Adventure Island and Kung Fu on the NES as well as Atlantis and Cosmic Arc on the Atari 2600, I'm just addicted to them and it's helping to relive a lot of classic childhood memories. I'm also looking to get into some retro PC games over the next few months, I haven't been a PC gamer since the days of Thief and Unreal (aside from WoW) so it will be great to stroll down that road eventually.
    Last edited by Bslythegamerguy; 05-05-2014 at 06:38 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bslythegamerguy View Post
    I recently added a Vectrex to my collection, I found a working one at a flea market for $50 and figured I'd grab it just to own it. Lately though I've been playing a TON of Adventure Island and Kung Fu on the NES as well as Atlantis and Cosmic Arc on the Atari 2600, I'm just addicted to them and it's helping to relive a lot of classic childhood memories. I'm also looking to get into some retro PC games over the next few months, I haven't been a PC gamer since the days of Thief and Unreal (aside from WoW) so it will be great to stroll down that road eventually.
    A workign Vectrex for 50 bucks?
    Lucky man.

The Ultimate Spider-Man MilesMorales's Avatar

The Genesis was my first game system and I still love it to this day. Always found it a more comfortable platform to play on than the SNES for some reason.

Fantastic Member

I grew up on Atari , pong and asteroids , and had the car race game too . Now those were high tech .

BTW, if any of you hasn't seen the Dorkly videos on Youtube, check them out. All funny skits using old school game sprites. Some of them are genius, I might add.
    https://www.youtube.com/user/dorkly
    Life is but a dream

Fantastic Member

ahh retro gaming, playing with cartridges, CRT TVs, using RF switch. none of the digital, hdmi, online things yet.

i sealed off my AV famicom in its box to hopefully preserve it. playing my famicom games on a FC Twin for now.

up to now, i still don't know why i still prefer playing with actual carts instead of VC/roms/emulators, when theyre playing the same game. Hence my wife thinks im wasting money buying carts

Fantastic Member Bslythegamerguy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by daisetsu100 View Post
    ahh retro gaming, playing with cartridges, CRT TVs, using RF switch. none of the digital, hdmi, online things yet.

i sealed off my AV famicom in its box to hopefully preserve it. playing my famicom games on a FC Twin for now.

up to now, i still don't know why i still prefer playing with actual carts instead of VC/roms/emulators, when theyre playing the same game. Hence my wife thinks im wasting money buying carts
    My fiancee thinks the same thing. I told her that playing emulators just isn't the same thing and doesn't deliver the same experience that the actual hardware does. The only thing emulators have going for them is that you can now buy controllers based on classic NES, SNES, Sega, and N64 controllers with USB connections for a more authentic feel, and also the fact that you can play games that sell for hundreds of dollars without shelling out the cash for those elusive gems.

Currently the only emulator I use is MAME for arcade classics.