Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Recommended DC Titles

Just coming back to comics and I got some good Bat titles over in the forum. I'm wondering what are some good titles in the rest of the DCU? Preferably with good jumping on points.

Thanks!

Astonishing Member RobinFan4880's Avatar

Wonder Woman #1
    Green Arrow #17
    Justice League #1
    Justice League United #1
    Action Comics #1
    Batman/Superman #1
    Earth 2 #1
    Aquaman #1
    Green Lantern #21
    Green Lantern Corps. #21
    Green Lantern: New Guardians #21
    Red Lanterns #21
    Sinestro #1
    New 52: Future's End #1
    Animal Man #1 (although it was canceled recently)
    Swamp Thing #1
    Justice League Dark #1

Wonder Woman X Superman Diana X Kal's Avatar

Superman/Wonder Woman #1
    Wonder Woman <3

This is the beginning of a new Arc for Green Arrow, great book good jumping on point (I just did). #32
    Detective Comics just started a new creative team that has made some promising improvements you only have to get two back issues. #30 & #31
    Aquaman has been great and we're only 5 issues into the new storyline started by Jeff Parker, but you do need all of those issues to not get lost. #26 #27 #28 #29 #30
    Just about everything else will be starting a new arc or just started one last month because of the big Event that interrupted all of the other stories.
    Some of the other stories like Wonder Woman, or Earth 2 are just continuous and really should be read from the beginning.

Fantastic Member

Batman (good jumping on points: #1, #13, #21)
    Green Arrow (start with #17)
    Swamp Thing (good jumping on points: #1, #19)
    Animal Man (got canceled, but the whole run is pretty great, with the exception of the Rotworld arc)
    Frankenstein, Agent of S.H.A.D.E. (it got canceled, it's 17 issues, collected in 2 trades, great monster battles)
    Sword of Sorcery: Amethyst (it got canceled, it's only 9 issues, collected in one trade, great art and world-building)

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

Swamp thing from #19, Green arrow from #17 and Red Lanterns from #20
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

Quote Originally Posted by victorxd1999 View Post
    Swamp thing from #19, Green arrow from #17 and Red Lanterns from #20
    While all good recommendations, this isn't really reasonable. Even with Red Lanterns the reader has to find a year worth of back issues. With Green Arrow you can get a trade that has #17 through #24 but finding #25-#31 isn't easy. That is why right now is such a good time because you only need to get an issue or two and it's a new story that has little (or nothing) to do with the old story. If you like it you can find out when the creative team took over and pick up the trades as they come out (usually between 3 and 6 months after the last issue with DC).

With Vertigo it's much better. I got the first trade of FBP (another title I recommend) one week before the next issue in the story came out.

Green Arrow from either #17 or #32
    Red Lanterns from either #21, #25 or #29
    Justice League from #30
    Batman from either #21 or #34 (but you said you read some Bat-books so you probably already pick this up)

Obviously the further back you go, the more fulfilling the read will be, but of course you're more likely to want recent jumping-on points.

I can't wait to dig into all these suggestions! Thanks everyone!

Swampu Thangu with Soule.
    Last edited by Billy Batson; 06-10-2014 at 09:00 AM.
    BB

I'd also recommend Green Arrow. You can start at #32, the newest issue. Though do yourself a favor and start at #17, where the new creative team takes over. It was so good I couldn't put it down. You don't need to know anything about Green Arrow going in. I haven't read a book this good in years. You can even get the first arc in trade (issues 17-24), under the title The Kill Machine. You'll be glad you picked this title up.

Aquaman
    Batman Eternal
    Batman
    Green Arrow
    Swamp Thing
    Batgirl

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by new_onslaught View Post
    Animal Man (got canceled, but the whole run is pretty great, with the exception of the Rotworld arc)
    Lemire said that he did not want to repeat what he already wrote about Animal Man - I don't think that he was so much cancelled but moved to JLU so as to separate his work and home life a it more - after the tragedy.

Superman/ Wonder Woman #1

Aquaman #1

Justice League United #1

Green Arrow #32 is a great starting point, and if you can work back to #17, then you will be hooked!