Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jphamlore View Post
    I'm curious how much time Doom is devoting to figuring out Mapmaker technology that he captured when there was an Incursion in Latveria. Perhaps he has also figured out the Multiverse is dying.

At some point I think the Illuminati need to include both Doom and Valeria for an all-hands-on-deck brainstorming session to come up with different ideas. Because their current ideas just aren't that good.
    I'm surprised that Hickman hasn't gone back to this yet. We know that Doom has a chunk of that planet that got destroyed in the incursion over Latveria too.

Rachel turned into Ahab's baby momma by Marvel. Disgusting.

Maybe Doom infiltrates them?

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

More details on Dr Doom in March to AXIS

“AXIS comes to Loki with [LOKI: AGENT OF ASGARD #6], in a story some fans have been waiting to read for a while: Loki versus Doctor Doom,” teases writer Al Ewing. “Two bad people, trying to be better people—someone’s got to be the winner. Loki's trying to slip the chains of his own future. Now that he knows he's doomed to end up as the maniacal King Loki, he's even more determined to escape predestination and be his own person. Unfortunately, Doom—as part of his work with Valeria Richards to improve the world, as detailed in FANTASTIC FOUR—has journeyed into the future, met King Loki, and decided to take him out of the picture for the good of humanity. So they're on a collision course to the death. Meanwhile, the Red Skull has some plans of his own for the world, and Latveria is right in the firing line.”
    More on Marvel.com: http://marvel.com/news/comics/2014/6...#ixzz34hBkDWsg
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

There are a few more details coming out. According to this interview at Marvel. As mentioned a couple of posts back, this is part of Valeria and Victor's plan to improve the world. Doom meets (spoiler from the Loki series)spoilers:
    King Loki of the future
    end of spoilers and decides to stop that from happening. Ewing goes on to say that " Meanwhile, the Red Skull has some plans of his own for the world, and Latveria is right in the firing line.” If the Skull is threatening Latveria again I can't see how Doom would be his ally in that case.

BANNED

Maybe they've got a good medical/dental plan?

In all likely hood Doom is planning the double cross and so is the Red Skull and so aren't all of them.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

It would be good to remind ourselves that, as Brian Cronin featured over a year ago in his The Abandoned An’ Forsaked – Doctor Doom Worked for Hitler? and which Iron Maiden had commented on in the column that what appeared to be Doom working for Hitler was retconned into Doom going back in time to study the Nazis. So he has a history of using the Nazis for his own ends.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    It would be good to remind ourselves that, as Brian Cronin featured over a year ago in his The Abandoned An’ Forsaked – Doctor Doom Worked for Hitler? and which Iron Maiden had commented on in the column that what appeared to be Doom working for Hitler was retconned into Doom going back in time to study the Nazis. So he has a history of using the Nazis for his own ends.
    Both of those stories reinforce my argument: Victor Von Doom, as a Gypsy, is acutely aware of what the Nazi's had planned for his people.

"MY MOTHER INCIDENTLY WAS BORN A GYPSY, HERR HITLE - - JUST AS I WAS! A GYPSY - - ONE OF THOSE YOU WOULD SEE DEAD, FOR NO REASON BUT THE RANCOR IN YOUR SOUL!

As to him not killing Hitler. In The Mighty Avengers and The Dark Avengers it was made pretty clear that unlike Hank McCoy, Doom is very careful during his time travel exploits not to effect the time continuum.

Yeah, with Age of Ultron stuff it seemed like the heroes messed up just as much as they tried to correct things. I doubt if they were using Victor's Doomlocks, which can alter time without creating divergent timelines.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    I would say that they both are inherently evil, but have such huge egos that they simply can't bear not to be seen as good guys, so they occasionally do stuff that gets them good PR.

Also, Magneto has a sentimental side he can't help but indulge, wich is an odd character quirk for a genocidal maniac.

anyone actually familiar with Magneto would know that he doesn't give a crap about being seen as a "good guy." there are several times in his career where he has specifically set out to be seen as the "mutant boogeyman." he embraces villainy because he knows that nobility and sentimentality can be seen as a weakness.

but you're right about Doom. he's an absolute narcissist. he's strong-willed enough to paint himself as the hero of his own story. but he's pretty much been a monster from birth; thanks to his black magic dealing mother.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SeanHarry View Post
    Both of those stories reinforce my argument: Victor Von Doom, as a Gypsy, is acutely aware of what the Nazi's had planned for his people.

"MY MOTHER INCIDENTLY WAS BORN A GYPSY, HERR HITLE - - JUST AS I WAS! A GYPSY - - ONE OF THOSE YOU WOULD SEE DEAD, FOR NO REASON BUT THE RANCOR IN YOUR SOUL!

As to him not killing Hitler. In The Mighty Avengers and The Dark Avengers it was made pretty clear that unlike Hank McCoy, Doom is very careful during his time travel exploits not to effect the time continuum.
    except for whenever he isn't. *cough* Morgan Lefey *cough*

BANNED

Kind of obvious, no? Remender has never cared or never will care about these characters past characterization. He will write them to fit his plot rather than attempt to write the plot around his characters. Hence the various author insert comments from his cast in Uncanny Avengers.

This should be an entertaining trainwreck at least, can't wait to see what offense meta stories/comments he does next.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    It would be good to remind ourselves that, as Brian Cronin featured over a year ago in his The Abandoned An’ Forsaked – Doctor Doom Worked for Hitler?
    And originally meant that it was a young Doom doing it, not a time traveller. So if Doom's willing to actively work with the Nazis during WW2 - when they're actively slaughtering his fellow Roma and he's doing not a jot about it - if it helps his plan and when he originally doesn't know Hitler's going to lose (he could be going to win and kill every Roma in Europe!), why wouldn't he work with a Red Skull who is just one supervillain among many?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ant-manic View Post
    anyone actually familiar with Magneto would know that he doesn't give a crap about being seen as a "good guy." there are several times in his career where he has specifically set out to be seen as the "mutant boogeyman." he embraces villainy because he knows that nobility and sentimentality can be seen as a weakness.
    Magneto goes through fases, depending on whether the current writers favours Kirby-Magneto or Claremont-Magneto.
    He's probably got multiple personality syndrome.

but you're right about Doom. he's an absolute narcissist. he's strong-willed enough to paint himself as the hero of his own story. but he's pretty much been a monster from birth; thanks to his black magic dealing mother.
    No excuses, he is what he made himself.

I will try to put into words how very unexcited I am about this series....

"Red Skull in the Onslaught Suit" this may be one of the absolute dumbest ideas ever created.... well next to Frankencastle

Because no one would read this series they incorporate the X-Men and Avengers in hopes of boosting what will already be horrendous sales. Anybody remember The Chaos Wars ....yeah me neither

I will be skipping this event as well as any book written by Rick Remender

BANNED

Because the plot says so and we have no idea whats in store yet. So wait and see I guess.