Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Fn Man View Post
    I will try to put into words how very unexcited I am about this series....

"Red Skull in the Onslaught Suit" this may be one of the absolute dumbest ideas ever created.... well next to Frankencastle

Because no one would read this series they incorporate the X-Men and Avengers in hopes of boosting what will already be horrendous sales. Anybody remember The Chaos Wars ....yeah me neither

I will be skipping this event as well as any book written by Rick Remender
    You really think a major Marvel event isn't gonna sell?
    Chaos War was like a mini-event that spun out of Hercules.
    And you kinda do remember it since... you brought it up.

This involves a bulk of the Marvel Universe and is getting a HUGE push.
    It'll sell. You don't have to like it or read it, but it's gonna sell.

Now if it sells at AvX levels or Fear Itself levels is up for debate.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Charles RB View Post
    And originally meant that it was a young Doom doing it, not a time traveller. So if Doom's willing to actively work with the Nazis during WW2 - when they're actively slaughtering his fellow Roma and he's doing not a jot about it - if it helps his plan and when he originally doesn't know Hitler's going to lose (he could be going to win and kill every Roma in Europe!), why wouldn't he work with a Red Skull who is just one supervillain among many?
    I wish current writers would remember how much they hated each other in the old Astonishing Tales and SVTU stories.

With the sliding timeline it's no longer possible for a young Doom to be alive during WWII. It was feasible to say that Reed and Ben could swap war stories with Nick Fury but Ben and Reed are no longer considered WWII vets. So the story had to be changed to a time traveling Doom. IIRC in the original story, young Doom was working with this scientist named Dr Olsen when they were both captured by the Nazis.
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 06-16-2014 at 02:12 PM.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by SeanHarry View Post
    Sorry. That's bull. He's a Gypsy. He'd have as much time for the Red Skull as Magneto does.

Go back and read Super Villain Team Up or Astonishing Tales. When Doom had his own strip, the Red Skull was his most frequent nemesis. It was firmly established back then that he hates Nazis.
    Agreed. There's no way he would team up with the Skull. In fact that's why the Skull is so hated... because even Marvel's worst would not ally with him.

Quote Originally Posted by Majin_O.A.W. View Post
    Agreed. There's no way he would team up with the Skull. In fact that's why the Skull is so hated... because even Marvel's worst would not ally with him.
    Heck not even the Joker would work with him.
    http://scans-daily.dreamwidth.org/4511121.html
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

BANNED

the Skull isn't any more evil than those demons Doom leagued up with to torture the Richards family; during 'Unthinkable.'

BANNED

That never stops being ridiculous, all of these mass-murderous and often genocidal or even omnicidal supervillains who somehow are too noble or whatever to work with Nazis...

Quote Originally Posted by Ant-manic View Post
    the Skull isn't any more evil than those demons Doom leagued up with to torture the Richards family; during 'Unthinkable.'
    I'm pretty sure Mephisto and his sideburns are feeling left out of this villain team up; it's just all the villains that matter except him.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Post Monster View Post
    I'm pretty sure Mephisto and his sideburns are feeling left out of this villain team up; it's just all the villains that matter except him.
    he seems so low-level for the ruler of a hell-dimension.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    Doom's a bad guy. case closed.
    Doom is a bad guy with a resolute and complete hatered of what the RS stands for. Either they are going to have a great twist on why he joins the Skull or they havent read the comics that concern his views of the Nazi's. I think both are equally as likely

Doom is a maniac, regardless. His "ethnic pride" is a dodge to commit acts of mass genocide and wanton murder on a recurring basis, all fueled by his megalomania. Teaming up with an avowed Nazi (fascist) means nothing to him.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    Doom is a maniac, regardless. His "ethnic pride" is a dodge to commit acts of mass genocide and wanton murder on a recurring basis, all fueled by his megalomania. Teaming up with an avowed Nazi (fascist) means nothing to him.
    So when exactly did he commit an act of mass genocide?

The proper term is "Roma" or "Romani".
    You are my favorite thing, Peter. My very favorite thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    That never stops being ridiculous, all of these mass-murderous and often genocidal or even omnicidal supervillains who somehow are too noble or whatever to work with Nazis...
    I dunno. There's something to love about a villain who is /so/ awful that nobody wants to be associated with him. The Red Skull being that guy sort of fits. The Red Skull is one of my favorite Marvel Villains for that reason. He's the fascist virus that never goes away.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    So when exactly did he commit an act of mass genocide?

He did kill a bunch of Asgardians so he could experiment on them to figure out their immortality. Not sure if that qualifies as genocide as it is usually intended. He took credit for Mday so he has that going for him.

Doom would work with Skrull, that does not mean they like each other. Doom has often worked with people he hates to further his own goals. I do not expect that to change.

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    I dunno. There's something to love about a villain who is /so/ awful that nobody wants to be associated with him. The Red Skull being that guy sort of fits. The Red Skull is one of my favorite Marvel Villains for that reason. He's the fascist virus that never goes away.
    Greg Pak wrote a Red Skull mini series about the years when he was still just Johann Shmidt that was pretty good. Mark Waid's CA #14 was an issue devoted to the Red Skull's past that Marvel edited a bit to tone it down. I believe there may be a version of his original script out there somewhere. IMO he is the symbol of what went wrong with Germany between WWI and WWII and how the bigotry, resentment and suspicion of a people allowed someone like Hitler to rise to power.