Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Quote Originally Posted by Swamp Thing 2099 View Post
    The proper term is "Roma" or "Romani".
    It depends on whom you ask, My neighbors use the term Gypsy.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Greg Pak wrote a Red Skull mini series about the years when he was still just Johann Shmidt that was pretty good. Mark Waid's CA #14 was an issue devoted to the Red Skull's past that Marvel edited a bit to tone it down. I believe there may be a version of his original script out there somewhere. IMO he is the symbol of what went wrong with Germany between WWI and WWII and how the bigotry, resentment and suspicion of a people allowed someone like Hitler to rise to power.
    Yeah Red Skull Incarnate was a great mini.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    So when exactly did he commit an act of mass genocide?
    Doom: The Emperor Returns

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pageturner View Post
    He did kill a bunch of Asgardians so he could experiment on them to figure out their immortality. Not sure if that qualifies as genocide as it is usually intended. He took credit for Mday so he has that going for him.
    I am not so sure if experimenting on Asgardians would be either since they are immortals so they couldn't be killed. Even Kelda was brought back to life. Loki was procuring the test subjects for him and the changeover from JMS and Gillen changed the focus of what they were trying to accomplish. IIRC JMS hinted that they were trying to find a way for Doom to gain their immortality as part of their bargain. In Gillen's story they were also being used as a substitute for the Odinforce to power his version of the Destroyer armor. They were turned into some kind of weird mutation through surgery.

Quote Originally Posted by pageturner View Post
    Doom would work with Skrull, that does not mean they like each other. Doom has often worked with people he hates to further his own goals. I do not expect that to change.
    They did have a bargain in the CA: Reborn story but I still think their mutual hatred would eventually come up. After all Doom left him for dead, buried under some boulders on the Moon in one of their Silver Age encounters.