View Poll Results: Where are the best villains?

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • Agents of SHIELD

1 6.25%
  • Arrow

0 0%
  • Constantine

0 0%
  • Daredevil

3 18.75%
  • Flash

4 25.00%
  • Gotham

2 12.50%
  • I, Zombie

0 0%
  • Jessica Jones

5 31.25%
  • Powers

0 0%
  • Supergirl

1 6.25%

Default Poll: which recent comics tv series has the best villains?

There has been several super heroes/comics related tv series in the last years.
    Which one has the best villain(s)?

For me, it's the Flash, because of Eobard Thawne. (Cold is not bad too)
    But Jessica Jones and Daredevil are not far behind.
    Last edited by mugiwara; 12-22-2015 at 02:42 AM.

Yup, Kingpin is pretty deliciously nasty. As is Hydra and some of the Inhumans and WELL, King Shark is way on top. Jessica Jones had an evil mastermind. Tennent as Kilgrave...as hideous as can be.Well played.

Incredible Member

Manu Bennett as Deathstroke on "Arrow" is one of the best I have ever seen, though I wouldn't say all the villains on that show over four seasons have been stellar.

Ultimate Member

1. Kingpin- Daredevil
    2. Grant Ward (Agents of SHIELD)
    3. Harrison Wells- The Flash
    4. Purple Man- Jessica Jones

How poetic is it that the results bar for Jessica Jones is purple?

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    How poetic is it that the results bar for Jessica Jones is purple?
    Very nice. Since they didn't color him on TV.

BANNED

Some great performances all around for sure, but it's hard to beat Tennant as Kilgrave. Such a d-bag, in the best/worst way. I can't wait until enough time has passed to go back and rewatch that series, not sure I can say the same about most of the others listed (though the team member in AoS' heel turn was fun).

Tennant as Kilgrave has been amazing- and I haven't even finished the series yet.

Still, David Anders as Blaine and even, to a lesser extent, Steven Weber as the Max Rager CEO over on "iZombie" have been killing it as well.
    My mom thinks I'm cool.

1. Kingpin (Daredevil) - Vincent D'Onofrio absolutely killed it as Kingpin, the writers absolutely killed it with Kingpin. His motivations were so well written and displayed on screen that more than once I rooted for him.
    2. Purple Man (Jessica Jones) - Not being a Dr. Who fan, I really didn't know too much about David Tennant. After seeing him as Killgrave, I came to the realization, that the manis a great actor. The depths of Killgrave's depravity were disturbing. Great villainy.
    3. Ra's Al Ghul (Arrow) - Ra's is one of my most favorite DC villians. And his portrayal in Arrow by Matt Nable was, IMO, really good. And the writers did a really good job as well.
    4. Reverse Flash (Flash) - Tom Cavanagh as Harrison Wells/Eobard Thawne, was really good. I'm happy they found a way to keep Cavanagh in the series.
    5. Penguin (Gotham) - It's kind of weird how good acting and good writing, can make a irredeemable villain, sympathetic, and quite like able. Robin Lord Taylor and Gotham's writers have done just that.
    Last edited by tg1982; 12-22-2015 at 02:01 PM.
    I hope I shall possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of all titles, the character of an honest man.
    - George Washington

Quote Originally Posted by tg1982 View Post
    1. Kingpin (Daredevil) - Vincent D'Onofrio absolutely killed it as Kingpin, the writers absolutely killed it with Kingpin. His motivations were so well written and displayed on screen that more than once I rooted for him.
    2. Purple Man (Jessica Jones) - Not being a Dr. Who fan, I really didn't know too much about David Tennant. After seeing him as Killgrave, I came to the realization, that the manis a great actor. The depths of Killgrave's depravity were disturbing. Great villainy.
    3. Ra's Al Ghul (Arrow) - Ra's is one of my most favorite DC villians. And his portrayal in Arrow by Matt Nable was, IMO, really good. And the writers did a really good job as well.
    4. Reverse Flash (Flash) - Tom Cavanagh as Harrison Wells/Eobard Thawne, was really good. I'm happy they found a way to keep Cavanagh in the series.
    5. Penguin (Gotham) - It's kind of weird how good acting and good writing, can make a irredeemable villain, sympathetic, and quite like able. Robin Lord Taylor and Gotham's writers have done just that.
    I don't think Gotham would have gotten a full first season pick-up, let alone a second season without Robin Lord Taylor's Penguin. He makes the show. Never thought I would like Penguin. Always seemed a weak, cringe worthy villain as compared to Joker, Catwoman, Ras al Ghul, Scarecrow.

Daredevil. Had three AMAZING villains in the Kingpin, the Owl and Madam Goa. Three complex, fascinating villains, all more interesting than the tediously 2D Purple Man by Tennant.
    Last edited by Kieran_Frost; 12-23-2015 at 03:32 AM.
    "We are Shakespeare. We are Michelangelo. We are Tchaikovsky. We are Turing. We are Mercury. We are Wilde. We are Lincoln, Lorca, Leonardo da Vinci. We are Alexander the Great. We are Fredrick the Great. We are Rustin. We are Addams. We are Marsha! Marsha Marsha Marsha! We so generous, we DeGeneres. We are Ziggy Stardust hooked to the silver screen. Controversially we are Malcolm X. We are Plato. We are Aristotle. We are RuPaul, god dammit! And yes, we are Woolf."

Astonishing Member PretenderNX01's Avatar

Robin Lord Taylor has made Penguin not just his own but iconic.

Going with The Walking Dead, and they are just warming up.

Astonishing Member chamber-music's Avatar

Purple Man
    Kingpin
    Grant Ward
    Deathstroke
    Penguin
    Zoom
    Reverse Flash