Page 31 of 52 FirstFirst ... 2127282930313233343541 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Fully believe that story is true after seeing the acension.
    their gimmick is they are heels who try to get over by saying they are better than The Road Warriors, but even the heel announcer buries them, meaning they are nerds.
    This is why i want the good people to stay in nxt forever, don't mind if the bad people like the acension go up and get buried.

BANNED

NXT was average this week, except for Sami Zayn's great promo. He is a great, great babyface. I'm sick of the dead crowd and there's still another week. There's a Kurt Angle tribute act called Chad Gable and he's not bad. Oh, and the Lucha Dragons had a new tag team finisher ... which I think Sin Cara was out of position for, so they kind of botched it and it didn't look that impressive.

The spirit of Sin Cara lives on!

Quote Originally Posted by alex View Post
    their gimmick is they are heels who try to get over by saying they are better than The Road Warriors, but even the heel announcer buries them, meaning they are nerds.
    This is why i want the good people to stay in nxt forever, don't mind if the bad people like the acension go up and get buried.
    I mind. For my own sake, watching Raw every week, if not for the WWE's sake. As much as I'd love for my favourites to stay in NXT -- the NXT five, plus Charlotte, Sasha and Bayley -- I know it's unlikely to happen ... so I want more NXT stars to do well, such as the Ascension, so it's a good omen for when everyone else gets called up.

Vince needs to retire. He needed to retire five years ago but he's one of those wrestling figures, like Hogan, Piper, Flair and Funk who don't know when to quit.
    Last edited by Guest_1001; 01-09-2015 at 05:06 PM.

Astonishing Member

The Lucha Dragons vs. The Vaudevillains - NXT Tag Team Championship Match - WWE NXT, January 8, 2015
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gDNHh80hyW0

and i wanna see more of chad gable (i think the nxt univers does too

Astonishing Member

JBL's shock seems more about giving the Ascension more heat. You dont want the Ascension to be cheered, but you do want a reaction.I think its better for the Ascension to go after solo acts than real tag teams just yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Guest_1001 View Post
    NXT was average this week, except for Sami Zayn's great promo. He is a great, great babyface. I'm sick of the dead crowd and there's still another week. There's a Kurt Angle tribute act called Chad Gable and he's not bad. Oh, and the Lucha Dragons had a new tag team finisher ... which I think Sin Cara was out of position for, so they kind of botched it and it didn't look that impressive.

The spirit of Sin Cara lives on!

I mind. For my own sake, watching Raw every week, if not for the WWE's sake. As much as I'd love for my favourites to stay in NXT -- the NXT five, plus Charlotte, Sasha and Bayley -- I know it's unlikely to happen ... so I want more NXT stars to do well, such as the Ascension, so it's a good omen for when everyone else gets called up.

Vince needs to retire. He needed to retire five years ago but he's one of those wrestling figures, like Hogan, Piper, Flair and Funk who don't know when to quit.
    They should just steal More Bang For Your Buck since Roman Reigns has stolen Cara's Sunsetflip single arm powerbomb.

Same goes for Alexa Bliss, she needs to start using a glitter cannon since Stardust stole her "blisses kisses" bit.

Same goes for Fall of Man actually, Los Matadores used it in the WM pre show tag 4 way.

WWE needs to stop jacking the good stuff from the amateurs and then burying them. They turned a Bulgarian into a Russian to make him Boris to Lana's Natasha, even though she's American. The presentation of a modern show is halfway between 1998 and 1988... I can't cite 2008, because 2007-2010 were years to give WWE a wide berth because they were repetitive, derivative and crap. Unless, you know, middle aged men making dick jokes and Edge/Orton/Cena/HHH was your thing.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by HUTHAIFA View Post
    JBL's shock seems more about giving the Ascension more heat. You dont want the Ascension to be cheered, but you do want a reaction.I think its better for the Ascension to go after solo acts than real tag teams just yet.
    The heel announcer is suppose to push the heels.
    If everyone calls them geeks they are geeks.
    WWE doesn't know this because the announcers don't get anyone over.

Astonishing Member

The heel announcer is suppose to push the heels.
    If everyone calls them geeks they are geeks.
    WWE doesn't know this because the announcers don't get anyone over.
    While I agree that the Raw announcers dont know how to get people over. I take that back, I am pretty sure that JBL knows how to get people over, but isnt allowed to.

I actually find a heel announcer not supporting every heels to be more authentic. I dont want to see a heel announcer cheering a guy like Rusev or co signing Rollins trying to break Edge's neck.

Astonishing Member

While I agree that the Raw announcers dont know how to get people over. I take that back, I am pretty sure that JBL knows how to get people over, but isnt allowed to.

I actually find a heel announcer not supporting every heels to be more authentic. I dont want to see a heel announcer cheering a guy like Rusev or co signing Rollins trying to break Edge's neck.
    I grew up in the era of Jesse Ventura's over the top antics when he would try to justify the heel's every ridiculous move. Sometimes the heel crosses the line that's for sure, but I wouldn't mind an announcer totally sucking up to the Authority for example...

There is a certain consistancy with JBL that I like.

Heel or face, he's not a fan of anti-american wrestlers like Rusev. And back on his early Smackdown announcing days he was against Miz for being a reality TV star and one of the Quebecers (I forget which one) because he was french even though they were both heels. So there's at least somewhat of an in-character internal logic to who he likes or dislikes.

Astonishing Member

The Ascension are an act that needs help. They are pushed as big guys but they aren't very big, they aren't great promos, they are very bland in ring. They have nothing special about them, and introducing them by mocking them is the opposite of what they should be doing to get them over.
    Remember, these guys were in NXT for a long time, and they were never very popular. And that's a crowd who will chant the name of a jobber in blue pants.

Astonishing Member

The Ascension are an act that needs help. They are pushed as big guys but they aren't very big, they aren't great promos, they are very bland in ring. They have nothing special about them, and introducing them by mocking them is the opposite of what they should be doing to get them over.
    Remember, these guys were in NXT for a long time, and they were never very popular. And that's a crowd who will chant the name of a jobber in blue pants.
    Agreed with much of that, but these guys are being compared to the LOD, and not favorably, so I can see creative saying lets go right after that. They acknowledge it and like true heels they ridicule those legends. They were introduced by squashing the former tag team champions.

Its hard to shine bleep, and the Ascension is bleep. They are good enough to be henchmen/muscle. Its why I thought aligning with Kane would have been a good move and they could have taken the Wyatt Family role.

Its very questionable why they were called up. Its feel more like they were just trying to clean up NXT by putting them out to inevitable fail.

The gimmick is strong but it ends there.

Astonishing Member

Agreed with much of that, but these guys are being compared to the LOD, and not favorably, so I can see creative saying lets go right after that. They acknowledge it and like true heels they ridicule those legends. They were introduced by squashing the former tag team champions.

Its hard to shine bleep, and the Ascension is bleep. They are good enough to be henchmen/muscle. Its why I thought aligning with Kane would have been a good move and they could have taken the Wyatt Family role.

Its very questionable why they were called up. Its feel more like they were just trying to clean up NXT by putting them out to inevitable fail.

The gimmick is strong but it ends there.
    There is a rumor that some guys they think "Ok, you have been in developmental for a long time, time to come up, if you aren't better by now you never will be."
    Which is probably true.

Astonishing Member

There is a rumor that some guys they think "Ok, you have been in developmental for a long time, time to come up, if you aren't better by now you never will be."
    Which is probably true.
    Which would explain Adam Rose and Bo Dallas as well.But I do want to clear up one thing the fall of the Ascension started in NXT. They punk them out to them to Itami and Balor, a truly horrible tag team, which did them no favors because other than Balor's intro at Takeover, they didnt anything memorable. You dont create a juggernaut then cut their legs out from them in developmental.

Which would explain Adam Rose and Bo Dallas as well.But I do want to clear up one thing the fall of the Ascension started in NXT. They punk them out to them to Itami and Balor, a truly horrible tag team, which did them no favors because other than Balor's intro at Takeover, they didnt anything memorable. You dont create a juggernaut then cut their legs out from them in developmental.
    good point, while the NXT booking(all HHH) is constantly praised that was not good and imo reflected poorly on the lucha dragons who struggled so hard to beat he ascension.

Astonishing Member

While NXT gets a lot of things right, the booking Kenta hasnt been one of them. Itami suffers from nice guy face and lack of promo skills. His physique is not impressive(wwe standards), so he just blends in.Tagging him with a showman like Balor just made Itami look worst. Maybe they thought some of Balor's showmanship would rub off on Itami. Daniel Bryan, the modern day fantasy for small guys breaking through, didnt just get noticed for his ring work. He had a personality. It really came out with him and AJ. He didnt become a guy who could wrestle, he became a guy that the WWE audience could boo or cheer.

Itami might have this personality breakthrough, but right now I am doubting it. So basically the guy needs a gimmick/story.

1)GTS, the fans want it, so give it to them.

2)Submission finisher. A smaller guy that makes bigger guys tap out make him threatening.

3)No more tag teams. Single action and the occasional three man tag only. Itami is so skilled that he doesnt need help.

4)No more promos. Just vignettes. Testimonials by WWE superstars and legends talking about how great Itami is.

5)Regal gives him the star treatment. Regal knows that Kenta is special to HHH, and treats him as such. Itami being humble just wants to compete.This also put a target on Itami's back, and has people challenging him left and right.