Page 33 of 52 FirstFirst ... 2329303132333435363743 ... LastLast
    BANNED

I managed to get an extremely early viewing of this week's show and ... by accident, during the week, I came across the matches for the next Takeover show (thank you, Wiki-bloody-pedia). I have to say, this show is no fun at all if you know what they're building to. Trust them to have a #1 Contender's Tournament the one time I know where it's leading. Although I don't know the results of Baron vs Bull II, so that's a positive.

There's a problem that I feared would happen when there were reports of the NXT "pay-per-view" being pushed forward (February 11th! That's really soon); it seems like they're rushing things. Matches were already made for Takeover IV: The Quest For Peace, which seems awfully sudden. First episode of a new set of tapings. Bizarre.

Not going to give a full review this week. Hideo Itami had his best match yet and I loved it when:

spoilers:
    Bayley "turned heel" but the fans went crazy for her because they love her so much (and Charlotte tends to get mixed reactions).
    end of spoilers

That was good. Other than that, it was kind of an "eh" show. Curtis Axel is boring.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Guest_1001 View Post
    I managed to get an extremely early viewing of this week's show and ... by accident, during the week, I came across the matches for the next Takeover show (thank you, Wiki-bloody-pedia). I have to say, this show is no fun at all if you know what they're building to. Trust them to have a #1 Contender's Tournament the one time I know where it's leading. Although I don't know the results of Baron vs Bull II, so that's a positive.

There's a problem that I feared would happen when there were reports of the NXT "pay-per-view" being pushed forward (February 11th! That's really soon); it seems like they're rushing things. Matches were already made for Takeover IV: The Quest For Peace, which seems awfully sudden. First episode of a new set of tapings. Bizarre.

Not going to give a full review this week. Hideo Itami had his best match yet and I loved it when:

spoilers:
    Bayley "turned heel" but the fans went crazy for her because they love her so much (and Charlotte tends to get mixed reactions).
    end of spoilers

That was good. Other than that, it was kind of an "eh" show. Curtis Axel is boring.
    Zayn at the start was amazingly good.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Guest_1001 View Post

spoilers:
    end of spoilers

No she got pissed.....now all must suffer. Not even the beast incarnate can stop this.

BANNED

Thanks to Bryan f'ing Alvarez, I found out another NXT spoiler. A guy who never discusses NXT spoilers ever dropped one on the B&V show on the 18th, completely without warning.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadxman View Post
    No she got pissed.....now all must suffer. Not even the beast incarnate can stop this.
    I swear, I'd mark out if Bayley did an F5.

itamai/KENTA minus the stiffness=midget yoshitatsu. luckily he's one of HHH's guys so he still has a bright future.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    itamai/KENTA minus the stiffness=midget yoshitatsu. luckily he's one of HHH's guys so he still has a bright future.
    I'm watching him kick guys and he's still going to get in trouble if he works Orton.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Deadxman View Post
    Not if they took out the usos and performed the fall of man on Jimmy's wife.

Why would you job out a good tag team to a shitty one?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by wjowski View Post
    Why would you job out a good tag team to a shitty one?
    To get them over.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by alex View Post
    To get them over.
    That's generally something you want to do with good tag teams.

Astonishing Member

That's generally something you want to do with good tag teams.
    Man, you're going to be pissed when Reigns is beating everyone on the roster in matches full of headlocks.

Barring a complete inability to improve on the mic, Roman's biggest problem is that they are rushing his push. Which is a byproduct of them failing creatively on so many other people previously. If this were a year from now, I suspect Reigns could be improved enough to make his run worthwhile.

Otoh The Ascension seem destined to go down as one of the worst truly pushed tag teams in recent memory. From what I saw, they were not too good in NXT. On the main roster, they seem even worse so far.
    Kurt Angle:"Canada is lacking two things.The first is Olympic heroes,and no Ben Johnson does not count.The second is Memorial Day.We in the States celebrate our heroes by having barbecues.I realise here in Canada you can't have barbecues because you'd be attacked by a moose,a caribou or even a grizzly,it's true! Hold on a second - you'd probably be attacked by a grizzly as well.On second thought..the Grizzlies don't beat ANYBODY here in Vancouver,let alone anywhere else,it's true,it's true!"

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jadis View Post
    Barring a complete inability to improve on the mic, Roman's biggest problem is that they are rushing his push. Which is a byproduct of them failing creatively on so many other people previously. If this were a year from now, I suspect Reigns could be improved enough to make his run worthwhile.

Otoh The Ascension seem destined to go down as one of the worst truly pushed tag teams in recent memory. From what I saw, they were not too good in NXT. On the main roster, they seem even worse so far.
    neither was Powers of Pain, LoDand demolition but we all love them.

they need more smash mouth tag teams to get into braws with.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by alex View Post
    Man, you're going to be pissed when Reigns is beating everyone on the roster in matches full of headlocks.
    Given how all of Vince's other 'chosen ones' have worked out I'm confident that this time next year Reigns'll be tagging with Heath Slater and Titus O'Neil as the new Three Man Band.

Astonishing Member

Given how all of Vince's other 'chosen ones' have worked out I'm confident that this time next year Reigns'll be tagging with Heath Slater and Titus O'Neil as the new Three Man Band.
    Brother, Hulk Hogan was the chosen one. And Cena became the chosen one. Rock was a chosen one, 3 biggest stars in the business.
    Reigns is going to be with them.

Extraordinary Member

Hogan was fired from Vince Sr wwf due to rocky III

He went over to AWA and got over and was inline to win the NWA title but left there do to merch disputes.