Amazing Member

Default Mike Mignola is working on Koshchei the Deathless mini-series

Hi guys.

I've mentioned a couple of times, that I run a column on Russian biggest comics site about all things Mignola - Hellboymedia. And from time to time we are doing these big special projects about particular theme or reason. And this December is dedicated to Russia image in Mike's works.

We run some articles and art-tributes with great Russian artists (I'll post them later). And also there is this big thing for me - interview with Mike. Thematic interview, during which he has announced that, well, he is working on Koshchei the Deathless mini-series, that will return us to the world of Trice-nine lands, introduced in Darkness Calls series. For me this is best news in the world. Hope, you like it as well.

EVERY line of this post contains at least one absolutely marvelous thing. This day is blessed. I can't thank you enough for all you just share here, Shargor... Truly. I only hope that my Russian is not too rusty - and not too poor anyway - to be able to enjoy at least partially many of these wonders..
    Last edited by Abe; 12-22-2015 at 05:55 AM.

Oh, this is fantastic news!

More bizarre and gruesome and beautiful? Splendid.

Excellent interview by the way.
    SLINT / Mike Mignola / Walt Whitman / Arthur Lourié / Dr. Pepper

Amazing Member

Abe, wow, I didn't expect such an inspirational reaction. I am really glad, that you like all this stuff we have been doing for the last year and a half. If you need any help to understand any material I am here to assist.

Kees_L, thanks for kind words!

P.S. Tomorrow I'll share a magnificent art-piece from amazingly-talented Russian artist. And I am not exaggerating.

The Claw of Justice!

Certainly excellent news. I always thought Koshchei the Deathless was a great character. "How Koshchei became Deathless" is one of my favorite Guy Davis stories.

Amazing Member

Hi guys.

Here is the art-piece I was talking about yesterday. This is some kind of triptych, that covers all Russian stuff in Mike's works and includes Mignola himself! At the same time every part is different and unique, from composition and idea behind it to drawing technique and coloring. Here is the link to the original size - https://yadi.sk/i/N0CHlqVcmRjMn

Complete.jpg

The author of this magnificent art-tribute is Yaroslav Astapeev, young Russian artist. He is also the one, who made Hellboymedia "logo".

If you are interested you can follow him here - http://yaroslavers.tumblr.com/