Super Moderator

Default Animated "Spider-Man" Film Nabs New 2018 Release Date

The release date for Phil Lord and Chris Miller's animated "Spider-Man" film, which co-exists with its live-action counterpart, has been bumped back.

Full article here.

The article says that is related to the live-action film yet it "will exist independently of the projects in the live-action Spider-Man universe, all of which are continuing."

Forgive me if this is a stupid question, but this animated film will also be part of the cinematic universe?

Mighty Member America / Bucky / Russia's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Yetibacca View Post
    The article says that is related to the live-action film yet it "will exist independently of the projects in the live-action Spider-Man universe, all of which are continuing."

Forgive me if this is a stupid question, but this animated film will also be part of the cinematic universe?
    Not seen this mentioned anywhere else, I assumed it would be entirely independent.
    Films blog / Books blog / Comics blog / Tumblr / Twitter / Flickr / Photobucket / Dailymotion / YouTube
    My BFI Film Academy short film Hold-Out
    Review column on Doctor Who fansite kasterborous.com
    CBR's LGBT Community

It's been very vague as to what exactly this is, beyond being an animated Spider-Man movie and Lord and Miller being attached to it.

Personally, I'd love to see what Lord and Miller could do with Spider-Man and an animated Spidey movie with a big budget has the potential to look amazing (if you'll pardon the pun ), but I also hope we get more details about what this is actually about before I start getting excited for it.

Though I wonder, even if it isn't connected to the MCU Spider-Man, if they might still have Tom Holland voice Spidey? Seems more likely then bringing in Drake Bell or Josh Keaton.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It's been very vague as to what exactly this is, beyond being an animated Spider-Man movie and Lord and Miller being attached to it.

Personally, I'd love to see what Lord and Miller could do with Spider-Man and an animated Spidey movie with a big budget has the potential to look amazing (if you'll pardon the pun ), but I also hope we get more details about what this is actually about before I start getting excited for it.

Though I wonder, even if it isn't connected to the MCU Spider-Man, if they might still have Tom Holland voice Spidey? Seems more likely then bringing in Drake Bell or Josh Keaton.

That would be amazing if they got Josh to do the Spidey voice again, he was probably one of the best voice actors for Peter parker, I don't particularly think Drake is a good fit for Spidey because so far in ultimate spider-man he hasn't really demonstrated a large range of emotion but that's more a problem with the producers using it being a comedy fucesd non stop jokes kid show, I still think he'd be better as deadpool or somthing
    I do Comic Art here! - http://iconiciceblog.tumblr.com/