Super Moderator

Default PREVIEW: Gotham By Midnight #12

The final battle for the soul of Gotham City begins, and The Spectre might be facing more than just the ancient spirit called Ikkondrid. What will Corrigan and the Midnight Shift do if they discover that The Spectre is on the wrong side of this fight after all?

Full preview here.

It's criminal that this series has been cancelled. The original Spectre is my favorite and this is a worthy book for him,

So, what did you folks think of this? It does have the feeling of being rushed, and I recall Ferreyra commenting somewhere that they had a longer arc planned out before news of cancellation hit. It did wrap up a bit too neatly. On the other hand, the execution and artwork were downright gorgeous. I'm looking forward to Ferreyra's work on New Suicide Squad.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by joybeans View Post
    So, what did you folks think of this? It does have the feeling of being rushed, and I recall Ferreyra commenting somewhere that they had a longer arc planned out before news of cancellation hit. It did wrap up a bit too neatly. On the other hand, the execution and artwork were downright gorgeous. I'm looking forward to Ferreyra's work on New Suicide Squad.
    It did feel rushed, quite a lot of polt points just felt like they were dropped on the ground without resolving anything.

Btw, whats this doing in the Batman section?

It's a book about Gotham, and was spun off from Batman Eternal. It's firmly under the Bat umbrella of books.

Yeah, unfortunately this did feel very rushed. There was a lot going on with little explanation. It's a shame and I can't hold that against them with the title being cancelled. This title deserved better but I definitely enjoyed it while it lasted.