Page 1 of 73 123451151 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

Default Digital Comic Book Sales and Discussion

I don't think we have re-created this thread yet, so here goes.

No new sales, bundles, or freebies on Comixology today.

Incredible Member

Three new sales start today, one with a bundle option; no new freebies.

From Marvel, ending 5/4/14, a sale on Amazing Spider-man, Dan Slott/Big Time era, issues 648 - 700, 56 total issues due to some .1s.

From Dynamite, we get a horror sale thru 5/4/14, eight collections and 47 singles. Single issues at $.99 each are Ash and the Army of Darkness 1-4, Army of Darkness vs Hack/Slash 1-6, Evil Ernie 1-6, Amanda Hocking's The Hollows 1-10, Cyptozoic Man 1-4, Dean Koontz's Frankenstein: Prodigal Son vol. 2 1-5, LA Banks' Vampire Huntress 1-4, Raise the Dead 1-4, and Raise the Dead II 1-4. Collections are the Army of Darkness Movie Adaptation for $3, Evil Ernie vol 1: Origin of Ernie for $5, Amanda Hocking's The Hollows: A Hollowland Graphic Novel for $7, Dean Koontz's Fear Nothing vol 1 for $5, Dark Shadows vol 1 for $4, The Living Corpse Exhumed for $5, The Complete Dracula for $5, and Curse of the Wendigo for $4.

From Image/Top Cow, also ending 5/4/14, a Witchblade sale. Issues 1-100 at $.99 each, or bundled for $70, or twenty different collections covering issues 1-169 for $4-7 each. Also included is The Art of Witchblade book for $5.

BANNED

This sale finally gives me an excuse to get round to buying the HS/AoD crossover.

Highly recommend Witchblade from #80 onwards (or the Witch Hunt collection) which is when Ron Marz took over and it got good. ESPECIALLY from when Stjepan Sejic came on board for art duties.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Arvandor View Post
    This sale finally gives me an excuse to get round to buying the HS/AoD crossover.

Highly recommend Witchblade from #80 onwards (or the Witch Hunt collection) which is when Ron Marz took over and it got good. ESPECIALLY from when Stjepan Sejic came on board for art duties.
    Issue 80 was free at some point, might still be.

Incredible Member

Happy Free Comic Book Day everyone!

No new sales at Comixology, but they are getting into the FCBD spirit with two free sections on their homepage:

an Image Free Firsts section with an easy-to-add-all 142 free number ones; nothing new, but all together for the first time iirc

22 of their Comixology Submit comics are free, including 7 that weren't part of the SSX bundle

So even if you don't have local comic book stores, or can't make the trek out today, there are over 200 free books at Comixology.com today. And at least some of the the actual FCBD books will likely be added later. And Darkhorse.com has their usual freebies and 12 new freebies as part of their May the Fourth Be With You sale.

Incredible Member

Nothing new at Comixology, but the Dark Horse sale continues, and Amazon has a literal ton of Star Wars books on sale today.

May the Fourth be with you!

Incredible Member

Today's Marvel Monday is a Jason Aaron sale.

They have it as a bundle, 47 issues for only $45.99, saving you 53 cents! But then, we all should have at least five of these books already (the previous freebies).

X-Men: Schism 1-5

Incredible Hulk vol 3 1-15 with 7.1

Astonishing Spider-man and Wolverine 1-6

Ultimate Comics: Captain America 1-4

Wolverine: Weapon X 1-16

Also, from IDW, we get a 24 hour sale on 24.

24: Underground issue 1 is 99 cents, and the 338 page 24 Omnibus is $5.99. Anyone ever read these? I like the series, but was unaware of the comics until now.

Incredible Member

7 new freebies today, none from Saturday's FCBD offerings.

Two new sales from DC. I'm not sure of the duration, but they have the Batman: Batman and Son (Deluxe Edition) collection on sale for $5.99. It collects 15 early issues from Grant Morrison's Batman run, 655-658, 663-669, and 672-675; previously collected in Batman and Son and Batman: The Black Glove.

A week long Doomsday sale begins. The 11 issues of The Death of Superman storyline, 8 issues of Funeral for a Friend storyline, 22 issues of Reign of Supermen storyline, 3 issue Superman/Doomsday: Hunter/Prey mini, the 3 issue Superman: The Doomsday Wars mini, and 10 issues of Reign of Doomsday storyline.

Incredible Member

Looks like no new sales, freebies, or bundles at Comixology today.

Three new freebies at Dark Horse; their two 2014 FCBD books and the Hellboy 20th Anniversary Sampler.

Incredible Member

Looks like no new sales, freebies, or bundles at Comixology today.

Incredible Member

Today brings us three new sales, four new bundles therein, no new freebies.

Ending 5/12, a Classics Illustrated sale.

55 various issues from 1 to 171, $1.99 each, or all in a bundle for $74.99. And 51 issues of Classics Illustrated Junior, various issues numbered 501 to 588, $.99 each or bundled for $34.99. I'm tempted to buy a couple for nostalgia, I think I had one or two as a kid.

From Marvel a one day sale on Scarlet Spider and Minimum Carnage.

Issues 1-25 and 12.1 of Scarlet Spider, Minimum Carnage: Alpha, Minimum Carnage: Omega, and Venom vol 2 26-27.

From Dynamite a one day Pulp sale.

Codename: Action 1-5, or bundled for $3.99.
    The Spider 1-6, or in a collection with bonus material for $4.99
    The Shadow/Green Hornet: Dark Nights 1-5
    The Shadow: Year One 1-8 (of 10)
    The Shadow Now 1-5 (of 6)
    The Shadow Masters Series 1-5
    The Shadow 1-6 (2012 ongoing), or in vol 1 collection with issue 1 script for $5.99
    The Owl 1-4
    The Last Phantom 1-12, or in two collections for $4.99 each
    The Black Bat 1-9
    Peter Cannon: Thunderbolt 1-10, or bundled for $4.99
    Noir 1-5
    Miss Fury 1-9, vol 1 collection of 1-6 for $4.99
    Miss Fury Digital 1-2
    Masks 1-8, or collected for slightly more, $7.99
    King's Watch 1-5
    Doc Savage 1-4 (2013 ongoing)
    The Shadow 1941: Hitler's Astrologer - the old Marvel O'Neil/Kaluta graphic novel for $6.99

Incredible Member

A fourth new sale almost snuck by me. Three of the Castle collections/adaptations from Marvel are on sale for $4.99 each. I've never sampled these; any good, true to the show/novels?

Incredible Member

Another Dark Horse sale just popped up, this time on their 2014 Eisner nominees; 41 books for ~50% off, unknown duration.

47 Ronin 1-5
    The Adventures of Superhero Girl
    Bad Houses
    Baltimore: The Infernal Train 1-3
    The Black Beetle: No Way Out 1-4
    Colder 1-5
    The Creep 0-4
    Dark Horse Presents 30-34
    The Fifth Beatle Preview
    The Fifth Beatle: The Brian Epstein Story
    Itty Bitty Hellboy 1-5
    The Massive 1-5

Some really great stories in there. I'm beginning to think that Dark Horse might be my favorite publisher.

Incredible Member

One new sale today at Comixology, a Brian Michael Bendis sale that ends 5/12.

Scarlet 1-5
    Brilliant 1-4

Fortune and Glory collection $9.99
    Goldfish collection $4.99
    Jinx collection $12.99
    Takio collection $4.99
    Torso collection $4.99

Those five collections can be bought in a bundle for $29.99 too.

I like his mainstream work, but don't think I've tried any of these indy series. Any recommendations?

I've read Goldfish, Jinx, and Torso. I think I liked Torso the best, but they are all similar in style. Heavy on dialogue and character development with little bits of action here and there. I'd give all three of them 4/5 with Torso maybe being a 4.5/5. (I've also read Fire, which is not on sale, and have the same impression of it.) It's Bendis' indy work like these and Powers that made me understand why some people find him to be great at writing dialogue. I think his dialogue in all of these is very well done. For some reason, this does not translate over to his current work on ANXM and UXM for me, in which I do not like his dialogue for those characters/stories.